Greg Docherty

Zab

Admin
100% but these are the kind of games we need to have game changers and Docherty hasn’t shown me he has that ability. Omeonga On the other hand did show us that therefore if we were spending £250k on a player (If true) then i would prefer we brought in Omeonga on a permanent deal.

Omeonga was worse than Docherty in that game.

Omeonga all round is nowhere near as good a player as Docherty, I don’t think he’d get beat the starting 11 either.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin

Omeonga all round is nowhere near as good a player as Docherty, I don’t think he’d get beat the starting 11 either.

Omeonga is misunderstood I think.

Hes a player more in the vein of Mallan than McGinn and everyone seems to think he's an engine when he isn't.

Tidy footballer, but we need industrious players to compliment whats already here. Docherty over Omeonga for me.

Reactions: Zab

The Family

Capital Radge

Hes a player more in the vein of Mallan than McGinn and everyone seems to think he's an engine when he isn't.

Tidy footballer, but we need industrious players to compliment whats already here. Docherty over Omeonga for me.

I think you are being unfair as SJM would be a hard act to follow and Omeonga isn’t that kind of player. Omeonga is a better player than Mallan in my opinion as Omeonga isn’t feared of a tackle, Omeonga has pace in abundance and would get us further up the pitch.

The Family

Capital Radge

Which is your opinion, but for me Omeonga chased the Gunts down and looked up for the battle, where as Docherty bottled it as did others that game.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I think you are being unfair as SJM would be a hard act to follow and Omeonga isn’t that kind of player. Omeonga is a better player than Mallan in my opinion as Omeonga isn’t feared of a tackle, Omeonga has pace in abundance and would get us further up the pitch.

You've misunderstood.
Not comparing directly to mcginn, nobody will. But I mean playstyle.
I mean that omeonga is looked at like he's an engine in midfield and he isn't. He's a player first.
Docherty is an engine and drives forward and back.

Its a bit pointless though, is Omeonga even linked/available.

Also think talk of the other lad shows this isn't a likely deal

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge

Not being feard of a tackle and winning one is a big difference. Omenonga couldn't tackle a fish supper.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Not being feard of a tackle and winning one is a big difference. Omenonga couldn't tackle a fish supper.

I never noticed him having pace either tbh.

Loads jumping on the bandwagon that Docherty bottled or shat it against HoMFC. Just coz you have a sh1t game doesn’t mean it’s a bottle job.

Too many easily influenced and picking up this kind of nonsense - snowball effect

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
I never noticed him having pace either tbh.

Loads jumping on the bandwagon that Docherty bottled or shat it against HoMFC. Just coz you have a sh1t game doesn’t mean it’s a bottle job.

Too many easily influenced and picking up this kind of nonsense - snowball effect

As a collective we we're shite that day. Can't solely blame one guy that's fucking ridiculous.

Zab

Admin

Totally agree - I’ve always though he was a decent but very average player. Didn’t get the buzz about him first time round, even less so second.

Docherty to me is a proper player, he’ll always have a shite game every so often, but overall he’s very good.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I still think we have a chance of landing Docherty if we want him. However I think two or three players will have to move on first.

The Family

Capital Radge
I still think we have a chance of landing Docherty if we want him. However I think two or three players will have to move on first.

I would much rather sort our own players contracts first, Boyle should be a main priority for one, unless he is leaving. Once they have been sorted and others have left then let’s see where we are.

Zab

Admin
I would much rather sort our own players contracts first, Boyle should be a main priority for one, unless he is leaving. Once they have been sorted and others have left then let’s see where we are.

I’d say Marciano, Boyle and Newell have to be the priorities.

Greenmachine

Docherty would have been ideal for us just now.

A very good player who made a real difference to our attacking midfield options when he came to Hibs on loan in January. English football has a very strong appeal though to every scottish player both financially and for profile. It's very hard to compete with that when trying to secure players.

Hope we can get in someone else of the same standard as Greg Docherty if not better.

Last edited:

mod

Just A Radge
Why o why do Hibs take an eternity to make any signings.We have made a good start to the season but we are still in need of two or three strong signings.If they have targets in mind why can’t we get them signed up.

Jack

Why o why do Hibs take an eternity to make any signings.We have made a good start to the season but we are still in need of two or three strong signings.If they have targets in mind why can’t we get them signed up.
Because they're not sure they want to come here and probably loads of other reasons.

Not having a pop at you but some folk seem to think there's a player supermarket and Hibs have first dibs!

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
March Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £10.00

Unread Posts