• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Ginger Baker

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Made it to 80.Who'd have thought?Seriously though a very decent drummer,even if he was a cantankerous old git.RIP Ginger

Saw this several years ago. Both him and Jack Bruce originaly Jazzers. He was a Strange Brew indeed.

BIG G

Great drummer...not a nice person.

RIP Ginger

One of my mates used to work for the entertainment section of The Belfast Newsletter (their EEN) and he got to interview Ginger Baker once. As expected, Baker was a rude dickhead throughout the interview but my mate knew the one question garunteed to send Baker apoplectic was asking about a Cream reunion, so he kept it until the very end causing Baker to storm out... After my mate had gotten enough to write his article.

Still only the second worst interviewee he ever had apparently. Charles Dance was worse.

Great drummer though.

RIP Ginger you miserable old shit.

He was in Cream with well known racist Eric Clapton.
Not one of the band were black.
Must have been related to Heckingbottom

He was in Cream with well known racist Eric Clapton.
Not one of the band were black.
Must have been related to Heckingbottom
Makes sense.
Picking the name was another act of clear racism.

Maybe explains the anger at the talk of a reunion.So he made up for it with playing for Fela Kuti.

Makes sense.
Picking the name was another act of clear racism.
Most famous song was The white room

Most famous song was The white room

What makes you say that?

Erm.......

Sunshine of your Love.

Crossroads.

I Feel Free.

Strange Brew.

Badge ( which I bought 50 years ago, 1969, in McRaes Furnishers who not only sold furniture but also top 40 chart singles. Bizarre.I also bought the splendid Paper Sun by Traffic out of there.)

BIG G

What makes you say that?

Erm....

Sunshine of your Love.

Crossroads.

I Feel Free.

Strange Brew.

Badge ( which I bought 50 years ago, 1969, in McRaes Furnishers who not only sold furniture but also top 40 chart singles. Bizarre.I also bought the splendid Paper Sun by Traffic out of there.)

BIG G

I think he was just on the Moaty Racist Bandwagon rather than a serious comment.

Cream ?, First of the superbands @GORDONSMITH7 ?

This thread has been viewed 819 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50