Gary Smith

Aldo the Hibby

Bounce Radge
I thought he was an excellent player. Did things the simply way. Lives in Porty just up from the daisy park IIRC. Argyle Crescent of something like that. Uli Laursen lived opposite him when he played at ER.

Power

Bounce Radge
Hello chums.

Think I'm right in saying he won the bounce player of the year award in 2002 or 03. Jamie will have some sort of visual evidence in the gallery somewhere.
Indeed 2002/2003 Hibeesbounce player of the year. Doo was held at the auld St.Mary's Star of the Sea Hall. Player of the year for the comment 'moonface' alone shoftly after Williamson had left the building.

hibee kai

Bounce Radge
His son jordon has signed for hibs at under 11s. Gary is a fireofficer. He chaneged career after he was muckedabout with cowdenbeath.:Bible:

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Suprised to hear of his career change. I would have thought that clubs would be lining up to offer him a coaching/management role.

I thought he was an excellent player when he signed, I'm sure he was ever present at the back in the season we finished third with McLeish in charge. He played left back did he not? I'm sure he was left footed too. :glassraise:

Hibee Kev

Bounce Radge
Didn't Gary Smith score the winner (one of his only ever goals for us?) versus Dundee United in a 3-2 win in Mowbray's first season? Pretty crucial win near the end of the season :dunno:

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Didn't Gary Smith score the winner (one of his only ever goals for us?) versus Dundee United in a 3-2 win in Mowbray's first season? Pretty crucial win near the end of the season :dunno:
Yeah, I think the video of that goal has been uploaded to yootoob. I'm sure I remember watching it on there.

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F43eW6aS8Zk"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F43eW6aS8Zk[/ame]

The last 10 mins of the match in which Gary scores for us. The goal is scored around halfway through the video. :detective:

Last edited:

Jamie

Admin
Yeah, I think the video of that goal has been uploaded to yootoob. I'm sure I remember watching it on there.

The last 10 mins of the match in which Gary scores for us. The goal is scored around halfway through the video. :detective:
The crowd effects in that vid are brilliant :applause:

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
It's because they have removed that bampot Archie Macpherson from the commentary position. Woooof :rollfloor.

18-Ally-75

Afro Radge
Bounce Radge
His son jordon has signed for hibs at under 11s. Gary is a fireofficer. He chaneged career after he was muckedabout with cowdenbeath.:Bible:
Seen him coaching a young leith athletic team a few times so sure he's still involved in the sport,even if it is at a lower level

Thomson_19

Bounce Radge
One of those strange favourite moments as a Hibs fan was Smiths last gasp goal against Dundee Utd, the elation followed by the hilarity of the whole thing was excellent. He looked totally stunned that he'ld scored a goal.

Let's not remember the week after that game though...

blue toon hibby

Hungry Radge
Bounce Radge
A good honest pro, worthy of his POTY award. Like Fenwick though, made to look even better when playing alongside Sauzee.

DeLaCruz

Bounce Radge
The youtube vid posted is great the atmosphere sounds pretty good aswell.

Power

Bounce Radge
Hello chums.

Think I'm right in saying he won the bounce player of the year award in 2002 or 03. Jamie will have some sort of visual evidence in the gallery somewhere.
?

Indeed 2002/2003 Hibeesbounce player of the year. Doo was held at the auld St.Mary's Star of the Sea Hall. Player of the year for the comment 'moonface' alone shoftly after Williamson had left the building.

The Family

Capital Radge
Bounce Radge
Smith & Fenwick we’re both underrated but both players were important players in our defence.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£61.24
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old