Garry Parker

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 29, 2015
Edinburgh
I reckon he is just so raging he can't be trusted with a mic at the moment, as he is trying to avoid losing the dressing room. And who could blame him! Some of the performances reek of lack of effort rather than lack of ability. And some are hiding. Don't think Lennon can tolerate either.
Agree. Watched a wee bit of Man City game on Monday night. Work rate and pressing to win the ball back was outstanding.

Superstar players. If they can do it out players should be at lest matching it.

Boyler whose work rate is normally excellent, was poor last night.

Horgan blowing out his backside after an hour and can’t track backwards

jimtom

Registered
Dec 3, 2006
Irvine
The fact that he knocked back the huns proves that he is not the type to dump one club for another simply because of size, reputation or salary.
Like there was no chance of John McGinn going to Rangers I am sure Clark is a Celtic man too.Dont think he ever got the offer.Derek McInnes knocked it back.

Last edited:

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Registered
Gray Boot Sponsor
Oct 2, 2006
Edinburgh
Like there was no chance of John McGinn going to Rangers I am sure Clark is a Celtic man too.Dont think he ever got the offer.Derek McInnes knocked it back.
Steve Clarke was never offered the Rangers job, he said so himself. As you say McInnes did

Would Steve Clarke take the Hibs job should it become available? That depends on his ambition - is he at Kilmarnock to rebuild his reputation with an eye on a return down south, or was it just to get away from the English Championship merry go round. If he was offered the job, assuming we pay Kilmarnock what they want, we could certainly offer him a higher salary and a bigger budget to work with.

That said the best option for Hibs is Neil Lennon turning this around, getting a few big wins before the winter break, and revitalising this team in the January transfer window.

Mags

Registered
Monthly Radge
May 18, 2015
He gave a few home truths in that BBC Scotland interview.....
I am not sure which players he means. I am seeing a team of players lacking confidence, which becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. They are worried about losing the ball, scared to try to beat a man etc. Once St Mirren scored last night they ( understandably) put everyone behind the ball, making it difficult to break them down. I thought we were much better than Saturday,which would not be difficult and did not see any particular players who were not trying. Having said that, I'm not convinced by Marvius. Kamberi did not have a good game, but I reckon that is also a confidence issue. Re Lennon...I've no idea what is going on. I never thought he was a brilliant manager when he came, but have enjoyed watching Hibs play up until the last few weeks'. He has made some questionable signings, but I shall not jump on the 'Lennon has to go' bandwagon. Perhaps I am being naive, but all teams go thro' a 'sticky' patch. I hope this is ours' and am glad we accumulated points at the beginning of the season. I do not support a manager. I support my team. If Lennon decides to leave we shall move on, but until then we have to believe this phase will pass....unfortunately probably not this month!

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 11, 2007
A stool at the bar
loads appear to believe he's currently suffering with mental health. Is he? How do folk know?
Personal experience maybe and recognising the some of the signs.

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Jan 2, 2010
Glasgow
Steve Clark could double his wages coming here and would look at Hibs as a bigger club.Kilmarnock have average gates 6k and are in my opinion one of the worst supported teams in the league.
Problems compo for Killie though innit?

I doubt we'd be his only suitor and Killie will know this and that'll reflect the kind of cash they'll ask for. They'll be looking for comperable cash to buying a decent player I'd have thought

MSG_07

Registered
May 25, 2007
Lapland
Problems compo for Killie though innit?

I doubt we'd be his only suitor and Killie will know this and that'll reflect the kind of cash they'll ask for. They'll be looking for comperable cash to buying a decent player I'd have thought
Clarke has another 1 and a half years left on his Killie contract so possibly £200,000-ish maybe?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Jun 27, 2002
Gourock
www.hibeesbounce.com
Clarke is a Killie fan, and I doubt he would take any other club job in Scotland. Why would he?

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
Rumour was that he is on a mahoosive salary paid by ‘a benefactor’.
No idea if true.

vasco de gama

Private Member
Registered
Dec 20, 2006
Southern California
And moreover, if he's avoiding talking to the media and looking quite uninterested during games most because he wants to, that's a big problem.
That doesn't mean its mental health issues making him not talk to the media or looking uninterested during a game - as someone else pointed out Butcher went off to media about specific players and that backfired massively so maybe Lennon is being smart by avoiding the press. When my team is playing gash I often find myself turning away from the field as staring / shouting at the players simply isn't gonna resolve the problems. A coaches main work comes in training - yes they can make tactical changes during a game but its pretty seldom that you can turn around a player's poor form during a game by yelling at them. His mental health is an ever present thing. He has to live with it just as we as a club have to live with it.

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Private Member
Registered
Mar 8, 2007
Edinburgh
All this talk of losing the dressing room is hard to stomach.

In any other job you don’t have to like your boss or the requests they make of you......but you do have to strap on a set of balls and just fucking get on with it.

The players are playing like a sack of shite, regardless of selection and formation, the effort isn’t good enough, the will to win is lacking.....they need to take responsibility here.

If they’re not willing to do that they can hit the fuckin road for all I care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Central_Hibee

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Feb 2, 2009
Falkirk
So @1875 any chance of sharing that bit of god's that you thought would justify Lenny being pissed off? I can't sleep for wondering about it

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Jun 27, 2002
bathgate
www.hibeesbounce.com
That doesn't mean its mental health issues making him not talk to the media or looking uninterested during a game - as someone else pointed out Butcher went off to media about specific players and that backfired massively so maybe Lennon is being smart by avoiding the press. When my team is playing gash I often find myself turning away from the field as staring / shouting at the players simply isn't gonna resolve the problems. A coaches main work comes in training - yes they can make tactical changes during a game but its pretty seldom that you can turn around a player's poor form during a game by yelling at them. His mental health is an ever present thing. He has to live with it just as we as a club have to live with it.
Completely agree with you. I guess what I was getting at was that in a time when we're in our worst slump since relegation I would want our boss to be front and centre leading us through it. The fact he isn't worries me.

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 11, 2007
A stool at the bar
I was in the pub yesterday tea time when the sports news was on. GP was doing his interview and mentioned the players not showing/turning up. Pet gunt pipes up 'looks like your manager hasn't turned up either'. I saw the irony.

Next Game : Hibs v Elgin (Scottish Cup)

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel