• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Galatasaray

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Private Member
Reaction score
In for Porteous. 1m+ According tae a red top rag.

Reactions: Zab
Be chucked out quick at that price

In for Porteous. 1m+ According tae a red top rag.
The + ,would have to be 3 million.....

What is it about Turkish clubs and Scottish players?

I can't think of any transfers there that have worked out well.

For Efes sake, I've been there loads of times and even had regular problems with the transfers to and from the hotel!

For Efes sake, I've been there loads of times and even had regular problems with the transfers to and from the hotel!
Mallan did ok, it seems

Mallan did ok, it seems
He's on loan till 30 June with an option to buy apparently.

We'll see. I'll bet there's a wrangle over money before long.

Most players seem to come back to Britain complaining about unpaid wages etc.

Most players seem to come back to Britain complaining about unpaid wages etc.
Turkey twinned with Gorgie.

The + ,would have to be 3 million.....

I’d take the 1 million and a sell on fee. But I don’t really rate him.

I’d take the 1 million and a sell on fee. But I don’t really rate him.

I dont think he'll get sold on. Or if he did, it wouldn't be for much. Not from over there, he would either leave under freedom of contract or because he wanted back to more familiar scenery.
Cash in now while we can.

Agreeing on not rating him so highly now though, I did originally, probably more the excitement of having a tough young player come through.
But he's starting to show that all he is, is a tough laddie.
There are moments that make you think there's a lot more to him, but the mistakes, concentration and ball playing for the most part are staying fairly consistent.

I'd sell, I'd be trying to get £2 - 2.5M

Porto by his standards had a bad season. I’d keep him, I really think he’ll be a top defender and future Scotland captain.

Porto by his standards had a bad season. I’d keep him, I really think he’ll be a top defender and future Scotland captain.

It's the only season he's played an actual season worth of games though. This was his first real chance to show that consistency and growth.

He could easily still develop into a top player, but if the money is there now and its reasonable. I'd jump on it.

I disagree. I thought the odd wee daft mistake aside he was exceptional. His passing improved massively. As did his defending.

I disagree. I thought the odd wee daft mistake aside he was exceptional. His passing improved massively. As did his defending.

Yeah, I agree.

I think the numerous "what could have been" factors that stopped a good season from being a great one for Hibs has shone an overly critical light on some our players. Porto more than most.

He's good and worth a lot more than £1m.

I say had a bad season by his standards, comparing him to last season. Think he was in the Scotland squad at one point. Didn't think he had a terrible season this year.

I do think he will improve.. based on what? I just think he has the attitude if he cuts out mistakes as all youngsters do, he will become s top centre half of head screwed on

I am far from convinced with young Ryan.
I want him to prove me wrong but I think his stock has diminished over the last season.

If he sticks to the basics he might do well. If he thinks he is the next Alan Hansen then he might struggle.

Next season is critical for the lad. I hope he stays with us and proves he is worth his potential

Few more games alongside darren might have helped cut mistakes

This thread has been viewed 1825 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50