Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Do you fit your squad into your favoured formation

or

fit your formation around the squad available to you?

I asked this directly to Bobby Williamson when he washibs manager at a q and a with the fans (that would be a good idea for phb or would have let the fans onside longer)

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'd think a competent manager deploys a system to maximise the potential from his squad.

Heckingbottom is incapable of doing so.

Chester Perry

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Do you fit your squad into your favoured formation

or

fit your formation around the squad available to you?

I asked this directly to Bobby Williamson when he washibs manager at a q and a with the fans (that would be a good idea for phb or would have let the fans onside longer)
What was the Teletubbies reply?

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I remember reading an interview years ago with Ian McCall where he said that he had a simple philosophy when selecting a team. Find out what positions each and every member of your squad is most comfortable playing in, and play them there.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
I remember reading an interview years ago with Ian McCall where he said that he had a simple philosophy when selecting a team. Find out what positions each and every member of your squad is most comfortable playing in, and play them there.
unless they are all right backs :D

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
By what we've witnessed so far this season, PHB plays his favoured one forward/striker.
It would seem he's not going to deviate from that at the start of a game.
That leaves players playing out of their favoured positions/ positions most suited.
Hes chopped and changed every game. I havent checked, but I doubt we've started with the same 11(injuries aside) any 2 consecutive games.
As for his pressing game?
It doesn't exist.

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I like him. As he says every week on the radio football isn't complicated. Coaches like Heckingbottom make it so.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Look at the players, build a system to suit.

Getting a whole host of players to switch and play your style, your roles and your football takes time.

I'd sack the wingers for now, 4312, Stubbs style.

dandalf1988

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Look at the players, build a system to suit.

Getting a whole host of players to switch and play your style, your roles and your football takes time.

I'd sack the wingers for now, 4312, Stubbs style.
Good shout coz we can't cross to save our lives but decent playing down the middle

Hibs v Motherwell