• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Forever Green - New Home Kit

Can't get the link to work either.:pullhair:

I'm not over the moon, or disappointed.

Glad it's all green with white sleeves, the way it should be.

Click on this and you get 123-reg blah blah blah, new domain and all that crap!!!!:banger:

New domain will be your dns to update with the new site...

Try this

http://sunnyoasis.com/services/DNS-cache-flush.php

Like it! I'll be having one too :thumbgrin

Like how if you click on the "Apparel" tab the blurb that pops-up is in Latin(?)! Is that intentional? :giggle:

Bored generic pish. I hope Nike are paying the club a decent wedge otherwise I wish we had LCS back :-(

Like it! I'll be having one too :thumbgrin

Like how if you click on the "Apparel" tab the blurb that pops-up is in Latin(?)! Is that intentional? :giggle:

I noticed that too, I do web development at college and that Lorem Ipsum stuff is what developers put in a website where the text is going but they don't know what the actual text will say yet! On another note the top is smart as Hell! :applause:

Preffered last seasons top. Probably wont be buying this 1

It's decent but would have preferred a white collar.

I quite like the green collar on the top and the white cuffs on the sleeves. It's very traditional looking and subtly different to what has been before.

Any word on away colours?

Preffered last seasons top. Probably wont be buying this 1

Last seasons was the best we've ever had imo. Gutted we didn't stick with the bottled green :-(

I'll be waiting to see what the away and third strips are like before I buy one I think, was hoping to love this but I just don't.

I'll take a wonder along and see if it's better in the flesh but don't think I'll be opening my wallet today.

I noticed that too, I do web development at college and that Lorem Ipsum stuff is what developers put in a website where the text is going but they don't know what the actual text will say yet! On another note the top is smart as Hell! :applause:

That's called filler. Graphic designers drop it into concept visuals to give their clients a sense of what the copy in their finished job would look like.

Last seasons was the best we've ever had imo. Gutted we didn't stick with the bottled green :-(

Would make a great third strip with green sleeves with another strip for when we play Celtic?

Nah, not for me. Much preferred the bottle green.

I can't have been the only one to take a first glance at that Forever Green picture and think "fcuk me, our new signings plus Kuqi...!!"

Who could forget - [video=youtube;R_naBbHu_AU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_naBbHu_AU[/video]

The maroon clad Lithgae lot maybe :kos:

Bit of background on the famous 5 modelling the tops :applause:
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130607/crabbies-your-famous-five_2262950_3202759

This and I liked the darker old green than this one.

Went down first thing. Cheap and nasty and the forever green text on the back is very poor.

Bad show Hibs.

'Working closely with Nike...' and that's what they've come up with? It's decent but nothing amazing, just another template design. I just get annoyed with these big companies that don't make the effort for teams playing in Premier Leagues around the world. It'll probably grow on me but certainly not the worst we've had. I liked the two tone green thing we had going before with the strips, don't think it was used as well as it could have been.

I think that top is feckin top.

Well done Hibs.

Can't wait to support the forced child labour slave market!

Looks like a Werder Bremen top from a few seasons ago.

I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest. Doubt I'll be getting this one.

'Working closely with Nike...' and that's what they've come up with? It's decent but nothing amazing, just another template design. I just get annoyed with these big companies that don't make the effort for teams playing in Premier Leagues around the world. It'll probably grow on me but certainly not the worst we've had. I liked the two tone green thing we had going before with the strips, don't think it was used as well as it could have been.

Really don't know what you expect, there's only so much they can do with the home kit? Most people moan when its not the traditional one like this, then others moan it's too plain? :dunno:

I quite like it, looking forward to seeing away kit now!

As for the template thing, it was obvious we'd be stuck with that, even Everton got it last year.

Underwhelmed but then I really liked last years kit. I reckon this one might look OK with long sleeves but its certainly nothing to set the heather on fire.

Totally agree with Callum77. Are the Underwhelmed after a grey ManU kit? Or a Budgie Harlequin style vomit-fest?

Or worse; that tragedy of a Black & Neon Yellow top we had about 15 years ago.

Boak.

I know Sweary will disagree.

Totally agree with Callum77. Are the Underwhelmed after a grey ManU kit? Or a Budgie Harlequin style vomit-fest?

No, but for all the slope and bottle green strips had their detractors I admired the fact they were a bit untraditional. It's not a black or white/untraditional or mental decision here, there are many shades of green.

No, but for all the slope and bottle green strips had their detractors I admired the fact they were a bit untraditional. It's not a black or white/untraditional or mental decision here, there are many shades of green.

I just don't see the point in a redesign. Ever. But perhaps I'm being a little unreasonable.

Really don't know what you expect, there's only so much they can do with the home kit? Most people moan when its not the traditional one like this, then others moan it's too plain? :dunno:

I quite like it, looking forward to seeing away kit now!

As for the template thing, it was obvious we'd be stuck with that, even Everton got it last year.

It is plain. I disagree that we have seen all that can be done with the design. I am not all for a traditional kit every season as it's not refreshing to see the same thing over although it would be nice to retain certain aspects of it. You can go down to a sports shop and get something similar(plain nylon training top) without the club badge and sponsorship for a fraction of the price. If it wasn't Hibs I wouldn't bother. I just wish that companies would make an effort to customise the kits a little for bigger teams.

Other than change to Emerald Green, quite dissapointed really but hey ho it's the people that wear it and how they perform that matters :wink:

It is plain. I disagree that we have seen all that can be done with the design. I am not all for a traditional kit every season as it's not refreshing to see the same thing over although it would be nice to retain certain aspects of it. You can go down to a sports shop and get something similar(plain nylon training top) without the club badge and sponsorship for a fraction of the price. If it wasn't Hibs I wouldn't bother. I just wish that companies would make an effort to customise the kits a little for bigger teams.

The problem with saying they should customise the kits for bigger teams is the fact that Nike have like 40-50 teams bigger than us on their books, and that's probably just football.
I would like a bit variation now and then though, so long as the sleeves stay white I'm happy.

The fact that we're going into a proper partnership with them with the shop etc should have got us something a bit better imo.

I like it. Plain and simple with no unnecessary detail. A future classic IMO

Got mine and guess whose in the photo that makes up the background of the shop window?

Got mine and guess whose in the photo that makes up the background of the shop window?

frank sinatra :dunno:

I like it. Plain and simple with no unnecessary detail. A future classic IMO

Correct. It's a Hibs strip. It performs its function. I have only seen it on screen so I will advise caution to those reading the following remarks, but in my view there is nothing wrong with it and much that is right about it.

Then, of course, I frankly confess I am the wrong person to express an opinion. Each to his own but I can never understand why people see football strips as fashion items. I cannot see why anyone would want to wear a football strip who is not playing football. I understand the commercial drivers behind the process. But if everyone felt like me, Hibs, or any other football club, wouldn't sell a single jersey.

Sparky?

Correct. It's a Hibs strip. It performs its function. I have only seen it on screen so I will advise caution to those reading the following remarks, but in my view there is nothing wrong with it and much that is right about it.

Then, of course, I frankly confess I am the wrong person to express an opinion. Each to his own but I can never understand why people see football strips as fashion items. I cannot see why anyone would want to wear a football strip who is not playing football. I understand the commercial drivers behind the process. But if everyone felt like me, Hibs, or any other football club, wouldn't sell a single jersey.

There are a lot of folk that feel like that. Me included. I tend to make my Hibs statement by wearing green. Non Hibs items.

However, if in a postion of power, I would abuse said power to raise the profile of the club. Actor, musician whatever, I like it when they tell you who they support and it's not Zombies, Timothys, Manure, whatever.

If they come out with a white and green sleeved away kit and an all dark bottle green for the 3rd kit, it'll make up for this disappointment.

The photos really make the fabric look 'cheap', what's with the side paneling and they don't even have the 'breathable holes' and sellotape over the stitching junctions at the shoulder to really make it a Nike shirt.

It might be a grower....

This thread has been viewed 19803 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back