First single bought

moathibby

VIP Member
Ok I’d only be about 8,and I hadn’t discovered taste I saw it on Crackerjack and thought it was barrie it was Gimme dat Ding by the Pipkins.Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
VIP Member
A bit of a cheat , but I got my mum to buy 5,4,3,2,1.
I did buy a couple of singles when i had the wherewithal to do so, but i cant remember any of them.

moathibby

VIP Member
My second attempt wasn’t much better in fact it was probably worse it was “If” by a comedy duo called Yin and Yan which was just a piss take of the Telly Savalas version.My third however was a beauty it was Jeepster by T Rex.

Two Headed Boy

VIP Member
A bit of a cheat , but I got my mum to buy 5,4,3,2,1.
I did buy a couple of singles when i had the wherewithal to do so, but i cant remember any of them.

First bought for me by my parents was either Jive Bunny or TURTLE Power from the Ninja Turtles soundtrack. First I bought myself with pocket money I'd saved was the re-release of Sheriff Fatman by Carter USM. Compared to the likes of Take That and Jason Donovan, Jim Bob and Fruitbat jumping around on top of a burned out Fiesta on Top of the Pops seemed like the coolest thing going when I was 10. I'm still fond of them to this day.

Green juventine

VIP Member
Can’t remember which but think it was Sugar Sugar by theArchies or CoCo by the Sweet (actually turned out to be session musicians) in my defence I was still at primary. 😱🤮

moathibby

VIP Member
You’re lucky ldrp took her other biggest brother Stevie to see them.

NGP

A message to you, radge
VIP Member
Mines was also either Showaddywaddy or Darts, but again you and I are of similar age. First grown up single would probably have been Milk & Alcohol by Dr Feelgood?
Night boat to Cairo was my 1st 'proper' purchase

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Legend
A mates and my dads birthdays were days apart and he bought Band of Gold by Freda Payne for his auld man and I bought Wandering Star by Lee Marvin, I’m sure they cost 7/6, aboot 35p

moathibby

VIP Member
When you go into a record shop hand over your 50p or whatever that is a proper purchase doesn’t matter if it’s Under the Moon of Love or John I’m Only Dancing.

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£75.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks