Films you wonder how you've managed to not see (1 Viewer)

Brainwrong

Spaktacuradge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I watched Carlito's Way yesterday in splendiferous high def. Loved it. But, I was left wondering why the feck I'd not already seen it. Although, I was pleased I hadn't, it's brilliant getting a wee treat like that i.e. a film you've not seen but love.

Made me think as to how often this happens to me. It doesn't much, certainly not with an obviously excellent genre like American gangster flicks. But, oddly, its this very genre that has done this to me before.

The last film I was pretty confused as to why I hadn't seen it yet was Once Upon a Time in America.

Then, the time before that was A Bronx Tale.

So, this thread could either be about which American gangster film I should next be surprised at having not seen. Or, which classics have you oddly missed then seen and loved?

Or we could say fuck it and just recommend American gangster films.

Thoughts?

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
Have you seen The Godfather? That's pretty good.

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Love Carlito's way! Benny Blanco from The Bronx - probably one of the best named characters in cinematic history :giggle:

The pool hall scene is brilliant; the sense of foreboding and rising tension become almost unbearable, even on a second or 3rd watch.

Recently discovered A Bronx Tale on Netflix and questioned why I'd never seen it before when I've so many others in that genre.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Not personally but I do know someone who [I'll whisper this] has never seen The Blues Brothers

Brainwrong

Spaktacuradge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Love Carlito's way! Benny Blanco from The Bronx - probably one of the best named characters in cinematic history :giggle:

The pool hall scene is brilliant; the sense of foreboding and rising tension become almost unbearable, even on a second or 3rd watch.

Recently discovered A Bronx Tale on Netflix and questioned why I'd never seen it before when I've so many others in that genre.
Yep, excellent name!

Aye, that scene was intense and amazingly understated.

Bronx Tale is excellent, really enjoyed it. The difference between that and Carlito's Was was that I hadn't even heard of A Bronx Tale. Whereas, Carlito's Way was in my cinematic lexicon without having even seen it.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen the Blues Brothers all the way through. Musicals aren't my thing.
Nor mine but this is much more than just a musical so I'm prepared to forgive the musical interjections into the story. Bearing in mind it's essentially about a band there has to be some music. What about the commitments? Do you consider that a musical.

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I don't think I've seen the Blues Brothers all the way through. Musicals aren't my thing.
It is a million miles away from being a "musical" in the commonly understood sense.

Fritz

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
I`ve managed to not see "50 shades of Grey"," Pearl Harbour" and "The Bridges of Madison County" and i`ve never once wondered why. :rascal:

egb_hibs

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I have never seen Gone with the wind or the Sound of Music (apart from snippets).

The__Proclaimer

LEGEND!!
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I've never seen a Woody Allen film. (except the one where he's a time traveling alien but reckon that doesn't count.)

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Ive never seen Raging Bull or Schindlers List which seem like two films everyone and their dog has seen.

I watched the 70s Invasion of the Body Snatchers for the first time recently which I enjoyed.

mondongo

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Ive never seen Raging Bull or Schindlers List which seem like two films everyone and their dog has seen.

I watched the 70s Invasion of the Body Snatchers for the first time recently which I enjoyed.

Kiefer's father was in that one I believe.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
I only watched The French Connection Two weeks ago,watched part 2 recently too.
Excellent films and i've now bought the book

HATTIE

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score

Another brilliant film about a boxer is "Somebody up there likes me" A film about Rocky Graziano.
From 1956, black and white but great film.
Paul Newman plays Rocky

Peanut

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I've never seen Escape to Victory. But I would watch it ...

... if I was chained to the radiator with my eyes sewn open.

Brainwrong

Spaktacuradge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Cheers for that, sounds right up my street:applause:

I've still not seen 'Citizen Cain' - had the dvd knocking about for a while, but still not found a wet afternoon for it.
Citizen Kane is fucking amazing. Saw it for the first time about 10 years ago. To me, it was so ahead of it's time that it's not really dated. You see techniques that are still used to this day and seem pretty mindblowing for having been created in the late 1930s (if I remember correctly).

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel