• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Ferguson, Moyes, McPherson, Reid...

Gav1990

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Ferguson of Man Utd, Moyes of Everton, McPherson previously of St. Mirren, Reid of Hamilton. All these Managers were under pressure early in their careers at these clubs, especially Ferguson. Man Utd fans wanted his head. I am sick of us becoming YAMS II, I dont see why we give Yogi time like the names above to bring on the team. These managers all took their teams to a higher level. How can we do well if he the board sell stokes on the 2nd last day and give him no time to get a replacement. He does well to get a decent striker, and he gets duffy, who then gets injured! Lady luck has abandoned us and WE DONT NEED FANS DOING THE SAME review the situation at xmas.

Ferguson of Man Utd, Moyes of Everton, McPherson previously of St. Mirren, Reid of Hamilton. All these Managers were under pressure early in their careers at these clubs, especially Ferguson. Man Utd fans wanted his head. I am sick of us becoming YAMS II, I dont see why we give Yogi time to bring on the team. How can we do well if he the board sell stokes on the 2nd last day and give him no time to get a replacement. He does well to get a decent striker, and he gets duffy, who then gets injured! Lady luck has abandoned us and WE DONT NEED FANS DING THE SAME review the situation at xmas.

Gav, loyalty is something we all share. But it is loyalty to Hibs and not to Hughes who is certainly out of his depth at the San Siro. If he gets until christmas we may well be in a relegation dogfight and to be honest, we dont seem to have the stomach for that mate, so no. I disagree entirely.

Gav, loyalty is something we all share. But it is loyalty to Hibs and not to Hughes who is certainly out of his depth at the San Siro. If he gets until christmas we may well be in a relegation dogfight and to be honest, we dont seem to have the stomach for that mate, so no. I disagree entirely.

Fair enough Dub, I can see where your coming from, but I like to think the 1st half of last season wasnt a flook, and with no strikers I dont see who could come in and do better :dunno:

i just cant support this guy anymore. hes made our club a laughing stock. he has taken this club beyond what he can fix, his interviews are horrific to listen to aswell. he made a mess of falkirk now hes doing the same to us. if yogi is a hibby then he should do whats best for the club and leave now

I'm with Gav on this one (sorry Dubster) We have chopped and changed managers far too often in the last few years. Time is needed.

Fair enough Dub, I can see where your coming from, but I like to think the 1st half of last season wasnt a flook, and with no strikers I dont see who could come in and do better :dunno:

1st half of last season was a fluke. Even when we won we were poor in most games & a fair few dodgy reffing descisions helped us out.

I'm with Gav on this one (sorry Dubster) We have chopped and changed managers far too often in the last few years. Time is needed.

How long do we give? Mid march when we are facing a relegation battle?

we have Riordan and Nish, both of who are goal scorers when used right (IMO they have both been used wrong by Hughes for the majority of games). We have Galbraith who can play as a striker as far as I'm aware. We have Kurtis Byrne who is a gifted youngster, but who Hughes doesn't think can handle the SPL. we have to take his word on that. We have Duffy back at christmas, still with plenty of time to turn our season around should we find ourselves in the position of having a manager who can actually get something out of these players.

I'd rather watch our young players out there giving it their all and learning their trade, even if it means losing, than a bunch of journeymen with no pride in what they do. At least the youngsters would lose with dignity.

Could it be that the first part of last season he didnt have the players playing HIS way, and when he did(second half of the season, this campaign) he has turned us into a green falkirk?

Its a good point Gav, managers need time to progress and build a team.

But there has to be signs that a club is moving in the right direction under a manager and after a year and a half we seem to be worse off in terms of results and the team than we were before.

I remember a thread a while back asking how long a manager needs to get his team together. Most folk said 2 years and I said by the end of his first year in charge you should be seeing signs of improvement. We have seen nothing like it.

i just cant support this guy anymore. hes made our club a laughing stock. he has taken this club beyond what he can fix, his interviews are horrific to listen to aswell. he made a mess of falkirk now hes doing the same to us. if yogi is a hibby then he should do whats best for the club and leave now

Whatever the rights and wrongs i disagree with that , were they expecting the title or something ?

How much time does he need to turn things round?:dunno: C'mon guys 4 wins in the last 27 games,continue with him and we will be calling time on our SPL.status,:bye GGTTH.

I'm firmly on the fence with this one. Whilst I fully agree we can't afford to stick with it too long as 1st Div football could become reality, I hate the managerial merry-go-round and would not be happy if we ended up with someone who took the job just because they don't have one, as opposed to someone who genuinely wants the job. Despite Yogi's failings, particularly some of his interviews of late, he wants what's best for Hibs, as do we. We would never all agree on what's best, even if Mourinho was manager. I think the root of our problem is in the dressing room and Yogi must get it dealt with pronto or the current squad of players will drag us down.

How can anyone say Yogi made a mess of Falkirk? he kept them in the SPL for longer than they were due.

I know its tough at the moment but i'm totally behind Yogi.

I'm firmly on the fence with this one. Whilst I fully agree we can't afford to stick with it too long as 1st Div football could become reality, I hate the managerial merry-go-round and would not be happy if we ended up with someone who took the job just because they don't have one, as opposed to someone who genuinely wants the job. Despite Yogi's failings, particularly some of his interviews of late, he wants what's best for Hibs, as do we. We would never all agree on what's best, even if Mourinho was manager. I think the root of our problem is in the dressing room and Yogi must get it dealt with pronto or the current squad of players will drag us down.

Many valid and thoughtful points made above.

My tuppenceworth -

Surely some of the problems in the dressing-room stem from Hughes himself and his style of management. He has had a year to put down his marker as to how he wants to run things. We all know the consequences of a weak teacher. The class pushes the boundaries further and further back until they, the pupils, assume control. The good teacher never throws the reins away, because he knows that it is virtually impossible to get them back. Unfortunately Yogi would appear to set the standards of an unruly pupil, which is what I suspect he was at school.The managerial merry-go-round is fraught with the dangers you describe, BT, but that we should contemplate boarding it again is, I feel, because the Board's selection process is simply not good enough, and itself smacks of an ill-disciplined approach. I do not, however, believe in resisting boarding that merry-go-round when the ship (oh, these metaphors) is clearly drifting on to the rocks.

Having said all that, I would be prepared to eat my moustache if Yogi were suddenly to show signs of turning the ship :))pullhair:) around. Were there such signs yesterday? :dali:

Many valid and thoughtful points made above.

My tuppenceworth -

Surely some of the problems in the dressing-room stem from Hughes himself and his style of management. He has had a year to put down his marker as to how he wants to run things. We all know the consequences of a weak teacher. The class pushes the boundaries further and further back until they, the pupils, assume control. The good teacher never throws the reins away, because he knows that it is virtually impossible to get them back. Unfortunately Yogi would appear to set the standards of an unruly pupil, which is what I suspect he was at school.The managerial merry-go-round is fraught with the dangers you describe, BT, but that we should contemplate boarding it again is, I feel, because the Board's selection process is simply not good enough, and itself smacks of an ill-disciplined approach. I do not, however, believe in resisting boarding that merry-go-round when the ship (oh, these metaphors) is clearly drifting on to the rocks.

Having said all that, I would be prepared to eat my moustache if Yogi were suddenly to show signs of turning the ship :))pullhair:) around. Were there such signs yesterday? :dali:

I don't know what signs, if any, there were yesterday as I was hill walking away from it all. Regarding the Board's selection process, however, what makes you think that would change with the next appointment?

I don't know what signs, if any, there were yesterday as I was hill walking away from it all. Regarding the Board's selection process, however, what makes you think that would change with the next appointment?

I'm hoping clear and repeated failure, and, now that expenditure off the pitch has been completed, real ambition.

I'm hoping clear and repeated failure, and, now that expenditure off the pitch has been completed, real ambition.

Will be difficult to show that at the same time as cutting the wage bill, no?

well said gav least one hibby realises its only the start of yogis SECOND SEASON and last season FINISHED 4TH AND GOT A EUROPEAN SPOT!!

but i suppose everyone else is right and yogi doesny have a clue eh.... get a grip!!!

right guys, time to pipe down.

hibs, are in almost no danger of going down.

hughes, got us into europe last year (admittedly straight out again but they were a good side)

he signed some good players.

we dont have to be so depressing about everything!

This thread has been viewed 2789 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£57.50