Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Following on from my greatest ever thread..
And after seeing someone mention Sproule was their kids favourite Hibs player to date..

Who's yours? And what game of theirs sticks in mind?

I think Ivan might be mine, passion, commitment, heart and an all round great person. Always had me on my feet and he truely became a Hibby, and you could see it in him. His hat trick at Oldco obviously is the one game everyone thinks of relating to him.

If I was a bit older, or was taken to the football more as a kid, I would've been able to appreciate Sauzee and Latapy more, videos and stories dont do them enough justice I think.

Now tell me some stories, cheers :thumbgrin:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Following on from my greatest ever thread..
And after seeing someone mention Sproule was their kids favourite Hibs player to date..

Who's yours? And what game of theirs sticks in mind?

I think Ivan might be mine, passion, commitment, heart and an all round great person. Always had me on my feet and he truely became a Hibby, and you could see it in him. His hat trick at Oldco obviously is the one game everyone thinks of relating to him.

If I was a bit older, or was taken to the football more as a kid, I would've been able to appreciate Sauzee and Latapy more, videos and stories dont do them enough justice I think.

Now tell me some stories, cheers :thumbgrin:
Hammi man, go straight for the throat and ask peeps to put together their favourite team. They can choose the formation and it has to be players they have seen play.

Up the ante my son :boxing:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Hammi man, go straight for the throat and ask peeps to put together their favourite team. They can choose the formation and it has to be players they have seen play.

Up the ante my son :boxing:

I thought about it. But I want some story and reasons behind it.
I didn't think everyone would want to write 11 stories, i reckon some players would be in there purely because they're better than someone else.

Like for me, Jim Leighton would be in goals because he was my hero as a kid, and nobody since him has been better... No real reason behind it.
Whittaker at rb, because everyone else has been shit.. Etc..
Maybe I'm just in a shitty generation :dunno: :giggle:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I thought about it. But I want some story and reasons behind it.
I didn't think everyone would want to write 11 stories, i reckon some players would be in there purely because they're better than someone else.

Like for me, Jim Leighton would be in goals because he was my hero as a kid, and nobody since him has been better... No real reason behind it.
Whittaker at rb, because everyone else has been shit.. Etc..
Maybe I'm just in a shitty generation :dunno: :giggle:
Just a thought me old son.

I'd probably go for the flying pig as my goalie and IMO John Brownlie blows every other right back we have ever had off the planet.

As you said, you live in a shitty generation for footie but I'll swap you ages if you like :dub:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

West Lothian Hibee

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
East Calder, West Lothian, United Kingdom
Liked brown when he was at hibs. The game that sticks in my memory was his last game for us his diving header v the soap dodgers was class then starting on o'dea(sp?) When he was going to them in the summer. Subbed in the last few minutes to a standing ovation from everyone in the stadium. And ivans celtc style winner (right at the end.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

josh-great

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Rob Jones, he was a champ in defence and scored a couple as well. We could do with a defender like that right now. Remember him sneaking up crouched down at the C.I.S cup final and scoring, it was excellent. We need more players like that, who will stand tall and not be shrugged off the ball. So aye Jonesy is probably my fav. Some people might think it's strange like. :thumbgrin

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Liked brown when he was at hibs. The game that sticks in my memory was his last game for us his diving header v the soap dodgers was class then starting on o'dea(sp?) When he was going to them in the summer. Subbed in the last few minutes to a standing ovation from everyone in the stadium. And ivans celtc style winner (right at the end.)
I enjoyed that game, but it wasn't much of a game.. Was a footballing love in, Gravesen? Was having a laugh all game, joking with the crowd, trying wee tricks etc.. Far too light hearted an affair for me..

Especially with their feeder club banners at the start (sure it was that game)

Then leaving to hear them celebrating on made me sick..

I liked Brown though, not such a fan of him now, he's grown into Lennons boots imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a thought me old son.

I'd probably go for the flying pig as my goalie and IMO John Brownlie blows every other right back we have ever had off the planet.

As you said, you live in a $#@!ty generation for footie but I'll swap you ages if you like :dub:
If you can make it happen, help yourself to my age, but only as long as your footballing memories follow me.
Fair? :thumbgrin

Hopefully there's some glory days coming, I want some memories too.. Only really got the CIS cup win, and i was so ill that day.. Couldn't have asked for a better weekend for my 18th though :bbb:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DonegalHibee

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Website
www.chrismcgonagle.com
I enjoyed that game, but it wasn't much of a game.. Was a footballing love in, Gravesen? Was having a laugh all game, joking with the crowd, trying wee tricks etc.. Far too light hearted an affair for me..

I liked Brown though, not such a fan of him now, he's grown into Lennons boots imo.
He's an absolute **** now :pullhair:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

West Lothian Hibee

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
East Calder, West Lothian, United Kingdom

Nah different game I think bud sure the banner was mid season. Could be wrong though. And I usually leave the football and forget most things about it by the time I go to my bed. That game just sticks in my mind.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Callum77

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
He's an absolute **** now :pullhair:
He always was! It is what makes him such a good player.
Wish he'd get away from Celtc though, hindering his career.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Plasticman

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
not from me, didn't even cheer his goal - that game made me sick. well pissed off with our best players goin there, and pissed off with him.

- - - Updated - - -

As a boy Jackie Mac was my fav player, as I got older I enjoyed watching JC probably more than anyone else, but Keith probably made me happier than any Hibs player Ive seen. Watchin that goal in the semi in the old stand at Hampden, smiling now thinking about it

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DeLaCruz

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Keith Wright and Derek Riordan.

I also loved David Zitelli.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
As a young lad it was Pat Stanton...as I grew older it was Ally McLeod and Jackie McNamara.

Since adulthood I would say there are loads of players who would be amongst my "favourites"...but if I had to choose one it would probably be John Collins.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Reaction score
too many to mention, obviously sauzee and the team at that time. But in terms of players coming through Hibs, then I loved Gordon Rae. He played in attack then was happy to move back as the years moved on and played central and was no nonsense player who was solid and never pushed around. Remember the song "nobody puts the ball in the net like our Gordon Rae" sung to the oxo tune. Also loved watching Mickey Weir and called one of my sons after him.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Westside Green

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Pat Stanton. I wanted to be him when I grew up, a fan playing for his team. I only managed one part.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sir Albert

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Sauzee for me. And the game when he scored and got his tooth knocked out against the poppy thiefs sticks out.

When I was young it was John Collins, always a class act.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
Pat Stanton. The team back then was a joy to watch, classical right and the kamikaze left, what entertainment. There have been a few good players since, most mentioned but nothing compares to that team of the 70s for me. My father said that lot were pathetic at times so I guess the famous five were even better. Never seen Neil Martin play? Never hear many folk talk about him but he apparently scored goals for fun.
Des Bremner also deserves a mention. In the modern game I'd plump for John Collins and Scott Brown.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
Latas or Jackson during their times at ER they were both almost unplayable.

Honorable mentions for McGinley (1st time) Crunchie,ONeil,Keith and Mickey

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Its a three way spilt for me, assuming its Hibs players of course? As a laddie, I loved to watch Alex 'Mickey' Edwards play beside the king of them all, Paddy Stanton, however in Franck Sauzee, we signed the best player I have ever seen in a Hibs shirt, so its Franck for me if I have to choose.

Honourable mentions go to Johnny Collins, Georgie Best, Jackie MacNamara, Erich Schaedler, Derek Riordan, Steven Fletcher, David Murphy, Scott Brown and Russell Latapy too.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS