• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Favourite Non-2016 Scottish Cup Memories

Hibee Kev

Private Member
Reaction score
2016 gave us plenty of great memories and there are tonnes of threads already with some brilliant anecdotes from that great day and the earlier rounds. But what are your favourite SC memories outside of 2016? Here’s a few of mine:

• 2007 (Replay) Hibs 4 Aberdeen 1. Benji on fire and a screamer from Mikey Stewart. Biggest win over the sheep in my lifetime. Felt so proud of how we played that night!
  • 2006 Rangers 0 Hibs 3. I was at the Ivan Sproule game but in my sick bed for this one. Thought we played better in this encounter and what an away support. My brother and Dad were on zitelli.
  • 2003 Dundee United 2 Hibs 3. A perfect hat-trick from Grant Brebner. Think I was behind the goals at Tannadice for this one? Must have taken a good support through.
  • 2013 Falkirk 3 Hibs 4. Ashamed to say I watched the 2nd half of this in a pub outside Hampden. Table of drinks exploded when Super Leigh rifled home the 4th in extra time!
Any more for any more?

2003 was the first bounce bus. Legendary.

Beating Aberdeen on penalties at Pittodrie 1997 maybe?

Was there! Hibs ran free buses up to Pittodrie for that one?

1986 beating Celtic 4-3 after being behind twice.

Last minute winner from an 18 year old Eddie May. Wonder what ever happened to him?

Was there! Hibs ran free buses up to Pittodrie for that one?

I think so - I drove up and stayed over.

Away to Kilmarnock, 2013. Sparky hat trick, I think? Stand was bouncing, almost literally.

Away to Kilmarnock, 2013. Sparky hat trick, I think? Stand was bouncing, almost literally.
One of my favourites , too. Although I was shitting it because I genuinely thought the thing was going to fold!
The 0-3 at greyskull( cup game)
The semi final we lost to Hertz.....not for anything to do with the game, but we were with Greenman when we got back to Edinburgh. Standing outside the Royal Nip with our drinks, he turns, looks at his reflection in the window and says..'take a fuckin look at that! I'm 53, fat as fuck, wi a face like a bag at tripe'. 5 seconds later he utters 'but av got a big c*ck'!
The 4 of us were rolling around on the pavement.
That's what supporting Hibs is about. And the Bounce tours in particular.

2003 was the first bounce bus. Legendary.

Was it the Livvy game where a certain Bounce VIP was left behind ?

McManus late header to win the quarter final at Killie in 2001, absolute scenes.

Wotherspoon winner v the deviants in early December 2012

Was it the Livvy game where a certain Bounce VIP was left behind ?

It was the Dundee United game above. Funnily enough I was in Dundee yesterday and it reminded me. 16 years ago - unbelievable.

Gordon Rae v them
Hibs Aberdeen semi at dens - we got beat and a riot after

Hibs Aberdeen at Tynie we won

This thread has been viewed 1983 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back