Favourite Ever Hibs Manager? (1 Viewer)

Sir Albert

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Probably Stubbs. Delivered the holy grail and got the team playing some great football. Think he would have been more suited to is being in the top League as well.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Where are you with Neil Lennon now?

- - - Updated - - -

Often forgotten that GJP was struggling a wee bit before he left us having only won one in seven with 4 defeats. He left problems.
We were already in decline. Sauzee inherited a mess.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Seem to have missed Bertie Auld..(edit, I see he has been mentioned) .unless I missed reading that. I shook his hand at Ibrox as he came off the team bus...more to wind the orcs up than anything else...it didn't do much good he was sacked after that game.

The right fit? Hmm like has been said McLeish was blessed to have the best players and gave us plenty thrills. I would like to think the ebst fits would have been the guys who really wanted to manage HIbs, like Stanton, Blackley and Sauzee and not simply see Hibs as a stepping stone to something else. Unfortunately they did not have the best of runs. I actualay liked Fenlon as a guy, he was passionate and gave us a couple of cup finals, but unfortunately were also part of his downfall. Mowbray brought us some good times if no trophies so Miller in this respect was a good manager to have at the time. I think if you look at every manager we have had there will be games we won that made us think they were the man, but few could sustain the one off results.

Stubbs is def a favourite, but I also wonder if he could have changed the pass pass pass regime into something more direct and effective for league games.

Eddie Turnbull for me is the obvious winner, however I only started going to games shortly before he left. I am going to be slightly contoversial here and say that Stubbs will always have my utmost respect, but Lennon is actually a very good fit for us. He is a no nonsense type of guy who wants to see attacking play and a winning mentality. He would not tolerate prima donnas and he knows how to bring players on. He is not a Hibs supporter, but he also realises both Hibs and himself need each other right now, he will move to a better club soon as he sees one that is right for him, but for now I see our club is in very safe hands. Plus heloves winding our rivals up

I wish Stanton had succeeded though if you ask were my heart lies.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Do you think Sauzee was a success as Hibs manager?
I don’t think you can tell in 69 days, and I did feel at the draw with dunfermline he felt out of luck.

I do remember two games at home v Kilmarnock & Aberdeen the football was exhilarating if the results weren’t.

We’ll never know how it would have turned out, but I feel to this day it was a journey denied and there were some inside the club who were focussed on getting him off the playing wage bill. I don’t like the way he’s cut himself off from us, if not the signed prints, but he deserved better.

Does that answer the question?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Collins describing hearts as a pub team is right up there

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kevinc

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I don’t think you can tell in 69 days, and I did feel at the draw with dunfermline he felt out of luck.

I do remember two games at home v Kilmarnock & Aberdeen the football was exhilarating if the results weren’t.

We’ll never know how it would have turned out, but I feel to this day it was a journey denied and there were some inside the club who were focussed on getting him off the playing wage bill. I don’t like the way he’s cut himself off from us, if not the signed prints, but he deserved better.

Does that answer the question?
It answers my question, thanks.

Reactions: Purple & Green
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DarrenSQH

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
For me it’s Alan Stubbs. He took a club on its knees and won it’s the holy grail from the championship.

His appointment is the reason we are playing Aberdeen at a full house the morn instead of the old days of apathy and 7-8000 home fans.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
After my long and rather drawn out post earlier in which I gave my views about each and every Hibs manger of my lifetime as a Hibs fan, I forgot to (a) mention Pat Stanton and John Blackley's time as manager and (b) state my choice for the best Hibs manager of all time so here goes:

Stanton: Managed Hibs at a bad time for the club financially, didn't get on with Kenny Waugh. We had a poor team but Pat's great achievement was to bring through and introduce a great crop of young players several of whom went on the serve the club superbly for years. John Collins was one of them and he is one of the best Hibs players I have ever seen.

Blackley: Tried hard and signed some great players like Durie, McBride and the prolific Stevie Cowan. By his own later admission he thought he wasn't really cut out to be a manager, but instead was a decent assistant boss at various clubs.

Best manager ever then ..probably Hugh Shaw as he was the most successful ever. In my lifetime it would be Eddie Turnbull, Alex McLeish or Alan Stubbs. If it came down to a choice it would be Turnbull. Hopefully Neil Lennon can go on and become an all time great Hibs boss.

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Stubbs.

BIG G

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Reaction score
Has to be Alan Stubbs.

He gave us the greatest day in our history.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

broonieboy

On holiday Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
For me, Neil Lennon. I had a real dislike of him as a player and as Celtic manager, but on reflection I didn't like him because he was so uncompromising in his drive to succeed for his team. Something I now applaud in his approach with us. I love how passionate he is and how he doesn't accept mediocrity. Long may it continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS