Fantastic photo of black hole... (1 Viewer)

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score

It's the stuff of sci-fi movies, the mathematical genius of Hawking and Einstein and the combined power of 8 super telescopes. It's a remarkable piece of science and looks like Einstein's mathematical theory of relativity and how it relates to black holes could well be correct.

There's a programme on BBC4 tonight all about it

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
It’s not very black?
:lookaround:Superheated gas outside the hole appears to create a halo effect. Least that's what Brian Cox said when I went to see him in February :5:

Reactions: Purple & Green
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
I always looked at the shape of galaxies like ours and thought they looked like water going down plug holes. I always thought there’d be a black hole at the middle of all the oldest ones. Turns out that’s about true.

I figured the Big Bang happened when lots of black holes fell together and got too dense - haven’t had that theory proved yet but live in hope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HATTIE

Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Im sure i heard on tv it was 3 million trillion miles away:kos:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
It disnae half look like the eye of Sauron mind...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
:lookaround:Superheated gas outside the hole appears to create a halo effect. Least that's what Brian Cox said when I went to see him in February :5:
The gas is actually outside the black hole. Gravity warps space so much that it causes the gas to spin around the black hole at enormous speed. Centrifugal force then stops the gas from falling in. I find all this stuff fascinating, I wish I’d gone to see Brian Cox, was it good?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Website
www.2sevens.nl
It's a blurry photo of a doughnut.
The sun is just a big bright ball in the sky but it keeps 6bn of us going.

Voyager 1 would only be half way to the bright creamy ring of the BH doughnut if it had set off from the centre of the hole in the middle...

Reactions: Greenmachine
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
I see the first Private venture to land on the Moon has fucked up.

BIG G

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
I see the first Private venture to land on the Moon has fucked up.

BIG G
Like everyone on this tiny wee planet of ours, we first of all want to look after our families. Spending countless £billions by The Soviet Union, the USA and now autheritarian China in the Space Race was and is bizarre. Photy of a Black Hole. Splendid. Ask any of the hundreds thousands who have to use Foodbanks in the UK whether they would rather see this photy of get a big packet or Cornfakes for their kids.

BIG G

Last edited:
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Like everyone on this tiny wee planet of ours, we first of all want to look after our families. Spending countless £billions by The Soviet Union, the USA and now autheritarian China in the Space Race was and is bizarre. Photy of a Black Hole. Splendid. Ask any of the hundreds thousands who have to use Foodbanks in the UK whether they would rather see this photy of get a big packet or Cornfakes for their kids.

BIG G
This planet gave us more than enough to survive and prosper. Unfortunately greed fucked that up.

Reactions: Hammi
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score

BIG G
Space exploration is absolutely vital to the survival of our species. Our planet will become uninhabitable in the future and in order for us to survive we will need to leave the Earth. Missions like this help us understand our universe and that is just as vital as the majority of mass extinction events have occurred from things hitting our planet from space.
If we’re talking about wasting money, we should be looking at the billions being spent on nuclear weapons and our armed forces in order to feed the delusion amongst some in this country that Britain is still a major player on the world stage.

Reactions: HaarlemShuffler
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Splendid. Well worth it then....The ISS is the most expensive machine ever constructed with a price tag at around $150bn (£115bn). Nasa’s space shuttle programme, which kicked off in the early 1970s by promising safe and affordable access to space, hoped to cost just a few tens of million dollars per launch. But as the shuttle was thrown in the scrapyard in 2011, the agency estimated the total cost at $209bn — nearly $1.6bn per flight. Splendid we have cameras on our phones, non stick frying pans and memory foam mattresses. Meanwhile Nearly 1/2 of the world's population — more than 3,000,000,000 people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty — less than $1.25 a day. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty.

BIG G

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Splendid. Well worth it then....The ISS is the most expensive machine ever constructed with a price tag at around $150bn (£115bn). Nasa’s space shuttle programme, which kicked off in the early 1970s by promising safe and affordable access to space, hoped to cost just a few tens of million dollars per launch. But as the shuttle was thrown in the scrapyard in 2011, the agency estimated the total cost at $209bn — nearly $1.6bn per flight. Splendid we have cameras on our phones, non stick frying pans and memory foam mattresses. Meanwhile Nearly 1/2 of the world's population — more than 3,000,000,000 people — live on less than $2.50 a day. More than 1.3 billion live in extreme poverty — less than $1.25 a day. 1 billion children worldwide are living in poverty. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty.

BIG G
You don’t solve the above problems by cutting spending on science. If every penny that has been wasted on military spending since civilisations began had been spent on scientific research none of the above problems would exist. We can pipe gas thousands of miles from Russia, but we can’t pipe water to areas of the world where it’s needed most.
Poverty exists because there isn’t the will to end it. We could and should be living in a paradise right now, but the greed of the capitalist system means we probably never will.

Reactions: moathibby
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS