• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Fans reps

Hi @traceyhibs

Sorry that @Jamie made it hard for you to post here, he's still learning this internet stuff and messes up now and again.
Now you're finally here, I'd be interested to hear your answer to one question - nothing sarky like 'what did the fans reps ever do for us' but just a general enquiry.
Now that you have 'performed the role' and have the benefit of being on both sides as it were, do you think the concept of fans reps on the Board - the way it works at Hibs - is worthwhile? Does it add value, and if so to whom?
Maybe you could ask Frank the same question and reply on his behalf.
He promised to post regularly after his successful re-election but obviously Jamie screwed up his account even worse than he did yours.
Thanks in advance.

Hi and sorry for the delay. I have to admit I was torn initially with the role and being on the board as a Non-Executive Director as it is a dual role. Your representing supporters but you also have a responsibility to the club and sometimes that can be two different outcomes. Now that I have been in the role I do think it is worthwhile in that we have the same voice as every other Director round that table. We don't always agree. Frank spoke with some Fans Reps at other clubs and they were amazed we get to sit through the whole board meeting as they are asked to leave when it comes to the Financials.

I think it has added value to those supporters who we've helped. Not everything gets shouted about and we have helped individuals or groups with issues that are important to them but will approach us without putting it online. We work closely with the Security Officer to raise issues at away stadiums (or our own) and for going to Ibrox we relay issues from matches and anything that we were told we would get but didn't. Recently I've been liaising with Police Scotland over an incident after the Hearts match and we are meeting prior to the Rangers game which has been moved to a Friday night. Listening to supporters and ensuring any concerns re match safety are fed back and dealt with.

Look I'm not going to sit here and say we've been wonderful and done everything perfectly because we haven't. I think communication with individuals when dealing with issues has been good but communication with updates following board meetings etc.. dropped off pretty quickly. I was happy to deal with the online communication but I didn't comprehend how huge that was going to be. We haven't been as visible on these forums as would have liked to have been and it's mostly been Facebook and Twitter with all the groups that are on there. I have time now within this year to help the new representative and work with them to ensure that changes dramatically and help them put things in place for the next election.

Haven't asked Frank re this yet but will when I see him and hopefully we can get his thoughts on it all too. I know he can't get on here.

Thanks

Tracey

Haven't asked Frank re this yet but will when I see him and hopefully we can get his thoughts on it all too. I know he can't get on here.

Thanks

Tracey

He can Tracey, he doesnt. I have helped him numerous times with passwords and stuff. He just doesn't like posting on forums, which for me is as good a reason as any not to stand as a fans rep.

I do agree you have been very helpful in any dealings you and I have had, however I am sure you know, I think the role you play is a hiding to nothing and I would scrap it.

He can Tracey, he doesnt. I have helped him numerous times with passwords and stuff. He just doesn't like posting on forums, which for me is as good a reason as any not to stand as a fans rep.

I do agree you have been very helpful in any dealings you and I have had, however I am sure you know, I think the role you play is a hiding to nothing and I would scrap it.

Ah didn't know you'd tried to get him back on. I know we have discussed it before and respect your opinion. Totally appreciate not everyone is for the role and would rather it be scrapped.

Hi and sorry for the delay. I have to admit I was torn initially with the role and being on the board as a Non-Executive Director as it is a dual role. Your representing supporters but you also have a responsibility to the club and sometimes that can be two different outcomes. Now that I have been in the role I do think it is worthwhile in that we have the same voice as every other Director round that table. We don't always agree. Frank spoke with some Fans Reps at other clubs and they were amazed we get to sit through the whole board meeting as they are asked to leave when it comes to the Financials.

I think it has added value to those supporters who we've helped. Not everything gets shouted about and we have helped individuals or groups with issues that are important to them but will approach us without putting it online. We work closely with the Security Officer to raise issues at away stadiums (or our own) and for going to Ibrox we relay issues from matches and anything that we were told we would get but didn't. Recently I've been liaising with Police Scotland over an incident after the Hearts match and we are meeting prior to the Rangers game which has been moved to a Friday night. Listening to supporters and ensuring any concerns re match safety are fed back and dealt with.

Look I'm not going to sit here and say we've been wonderful and done everything perfectly because we haven't. I think communication with individuals when dealing with issues has been good but communication with updates following board meetings etc.. dropped off pretty quickly. I was happy to deal with the online communication but I didn't comprehend how huge that was going to be. We haven't been as visible on these forums as would have liked to have been and it's mostly been Facebook and Twitter with all the groups that are on there. I have time now within this year to help the new representative and work with them to ensure that changes dramatically and help them put things in place for the next election.

Thanks

Tracey
You are a non executive director. I don’t think you appreciate what that entails.

You continually ignore questions raised in this site. Your Happy to answer basic and easy questions on .net

It’s laughable you involved in planning for ibrox, when your first visit was last season and had to follow the Carlton bus as you didn’t know how to get there.

You spend most of your time in hibs director box. Enjoy trappings of the boardroom. When us normal fans stuck in a long queue in BTG.

Why should you get cheap travel to Europe when we had to pay full whack?

They didn’t even tell you there wouldn’t be hustings . They don’t consult you on things like ticket prices of Elgin game.

Pair of jokers.
Correct

If the fans reps do not have the time to post EVERYWHERE then do not bother at all posting anywhere.

And in fact if they cannot give their time to the fans then do not stand at all.

Ah didn't know you'd tried to get him back on. I know we have discussed it before and respect your opinion. Totally appreciate not everyone is for the role and would rather it be scrapped.

To be fair Tracey when have you ever known anything. It’s either because

A. Your genuinely clueless
Or
B. You need to be told what to say

Part of me feels bad having a go but then you put yourself in this position and enjoyed the trappings.

The way that some people speak to fellow Hibs fans who are giving up their own time free of charge I'll be astonished if anyone is daft enough to nominate themselves this time round.

The way that some people speak to fellow Hibs fans who are giving up their own time free of charge I'll be astonished if anyone is daft enough to nominate themselves this time round.
Then maybe they’ll scrap it as should be done anyway. I’ll think yer kidding yersel anyway, there’ll be plenty looking tae get their hands on the blazer and once they have they’ll probably disappear from here like the others did once they got what they wanted

You are a non executive director. I don’t think you appreciate what that entails.

You continually ignore questions raised in this site. Your Happy to answer basic and easy questions on .net

It’s laughable you involved in planning for ibrox, when your first visit was last season and had to follow the Carlton bus as you didn’t know how to get there.

You spend most of your time in hibs director box. Enjoy trappings of the boardroom. When us normal fans stuck in a long queue in BTG.

Why should you get cheap travel to Europe when we had to pay full whack?

They didn’t even tell you there wouldn’t be hustings . They don’t consult you on things like ticket prices of Elgin game.

What because I don’t respond to your ludicrous posts with false accusations! You cross a line and it’s unacceptable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair Tracey when have you ever known anything. It’s either because

A. Your genuinely clueless
Or
B. You need to be told what to say

Part of me feels bad having a go but then you put yourself in this position and enjoyed the trappings.

And you are? Very mature

And you are? Very mature

As I have said before Tracey, you are on a hiding to nothing. I cannae imagine why you volunteered yourself for more of the nosense you have to put up with as the rest of board get away scot free.

A good Hibby taking the shite whilst the board look on and laugh. Fuck that.

What because I don’t respond to your ludicrous posts with false accusations! You cross a line and it’s unacceptable!

They are questions and observations. What line has been crossed? Are there things we aren’t allowed to ask directors elected by fans?

It’s still out there, you posted on here after months of ignoring questions, regarding you challenging the comms issued by Hibs and Dougan’s version of the events.

You said hibs approached you. You offered that information and you have been challenged on it.

Other things such as cheap European travel, excessive use of boardroom etc etc

As I have said before Tracey, you are on a hiding to nothing. I cannae imagine why you volunteered yourself for more of the nosense you have to put up with as the rest of board get away scot free.

A good Hibby taking the shite whilst the board look on and laugh. Fuck that.
It feels like enjoying boardroom perks and cheap euro travel is payback

It feels like enjoying boardroom perks and cheap euro travel is payback

For me it looks like the board got what the wanted/ needed, a couple of fall guys to take the punches from fans whilst the board watch on. I am absolutely against the role, but like the two people who do it.
No sure what boardroom perks there might be, but I know both fans reps pay for the own season tickets and away tickets and the main thing I felt they got wrong in the European trips was not spending enough time with us the fans before and during the trips, and the lack of assistance in getting to and from the grounds etc.

I'm with Rocky on this one.
I know how much we Hibs fans wanted a say on the board - and we got one. I would never stand for the Board but I have admired those who have put their names forward, including those who were not elected. I have voted for Frank twice because I see him doing a good job under difficult circumstances. I did not vote for Tracy but I would have voted for her in the forthcoming elections, until I then realise she may not need to go through an election this time. However, I concur with the idea of there being one Rep in an over-lapping of the elections, but I don't think the Hibs Board have gone about the implementing of this process in the right manner. I have spoken to Tracy at length, and on a one-to-one she is very informative and enlightening, but always with the proviso that she cannot divulge what she is not at liberty to discuss.
Getting back to Rocky's point, I also agree that she takes a deal of flak, some merited, some not, but often in a manner that is far out of proportion to the fact that she is a fans' representative and does not deserve that. By all means criticise, but bear in mind that she is one of us - and is there because she feels she has the skills to forward our ideas and complaints to the Board.
I am not one of Tracy's friends but I am someone who thinks our Reps do a decent job and I would not want to see the Fans' Reps disappear from the Board.

Could they conceivably set up a blog-type thing? So that anyone interested can go and read regular updates?
They could, but even blog-related content sees a relatively small amount of interaction with people. It's about variety, and that would include an amount of work beyond two people to realistically cover.

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks @tracey,

I don’t think the ‘Fans on the Board’ works to be honest. As others have said, you (and possibly Frank) have been of help to individuals or groups on occasions, (thanks for locating my ticket for the Faroes!) and that’s great. But the majority of fans haven’t seen that side, and are unhappy that you are bound by the duties of being a Director. It’s acceptable for fans to have a go at the Board, or Rodders, who are legitimate targets – even though they get the blame for executive decisions rather than strategic ones. It’s not quite as good when that includes fan elected members. Quite a number of fans probably have no idea of how a Board operates or the legal responsibility of being a Board member and that makes the role even more difficult.

However it IS acceptable to have a go at you and Frank where you have been derelict – the lack of presence on social media by Frank is disgraceful considering his promises, and it’s fair to say you could have been a bit more Bounce-friendly rather than concentrating on Facebook . Even a wee update to Hibs.net & the Bounce on current Board topics (not the confidential ones!) would have been helpful.

I don’t actually believe that the Board has suckered you guys into being scapegoats, or at least not intentionally – but effectively, and from the start, the job was a Board rep to the fans and not vice versa.

I’m sorry about some of the abuse directed at the two of you – but in my view it was inevitable.

Frank is a top Hibs man – but as a communicator he has been the proverbial chocolate teapot.

Good luck for your last year ‘in office’ and maybe make a point of dropping in here more regularly?

Cheers

It was on twitter, the lassie who stood last time and we have never seen on the bounce since asked and Hibs answered.

I promised if I was elected to engage more on here, but I wasn’t. I've continued to read the forums, but have been careful not to step on Frank or Tracey’s toes - I'm not going to try to subvert them or force my way in.

I promised if I was elected to engage more on here, but I wasn’t. I've continued to read the forums, but have been careful not to step on Frank or Tracey’s toes - I'm not going to try to subvert them or force my way in.

Will you be standing this time round?

Was gonna ask that.

Last edited:

If you do stand again you would have likely had more support if you had engaged here.

If you do stand again you would have likely had more support if you had engaged here.
Indeed. Popping up only at election time just looks, rightly or not, that it's connected solely to the vote.

Yes I am thinking about standing again. I now live back in Edinburgh and so am better able to commit to the role. I have some ideas for how we can improve the communication between the board and fans, and I believe more can still be done to make things more transparent, although there has been some progress over the last few years.

Must be.....posting on here.

BIG G

What has stopped you contributing to the forum since your last desperate attempt to get elected? Engaging in debate and offering your opinion is not subversion, it is demonstration of the fact that you are a valid candidate to represent a view on behalf of a subset of the fans. I think that your sudden re-appearance is rather embarrassing and you should consider not pushing yourself forward this time.

What has stopped you contributing to the forum since your last desperate attempt to get elected? Engaging in debate and offering your opinion is not subversion, it is demonstration of the fact that you are a valid candidate to represent a view on behalf of a subset of the fans. I think that your sudden re-appearance is rather embarrassing and you should consider not pushing yourself forward this time.
^^^^LIKE^^^^

*sorry admin

I wouldn't go that far, being frequent existing posters on the Bounce or Dotnet didn't seem to be a prerequisite for the previous incumbents. Also IMO internet forums aren't as representative of the support as a whole as we'd sometimes like to believe (even less so these days with the rise of all the other social media platforms). I would say, if successful, they would need to engage frequently and continuously though, something which the previous Reps certainly failed to do.

Then again I think the whole thing is a sham so for that reason I'd say she shouldn't bother!

This thread has been viewed 12778 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back