Fans reps (1 Viewer)

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I'd be happy to take that part of the job - free travel and hobnobbing with the players and the top brass of European clubs. All good perks, and I'd probably not end up in a mountain bus park terminus in a state of inebriation.

:lookaround:

Not that I did.

But happy as it would make me to enjoy the status and the freebies I'm not sure how that would benefit you guys.

I'd take pics probably, but would that be enough?
Vote Aldo.

Whilst the fans reps were wined and dined by Faroese officials we had the legendary Aldo Bus.

Whilst they stood on the other side of the cordon in the Runavik stand we queued with Aldo for pishy tea and a Kit Kat

We were the winners in all this. Even at £6 for half a dozen morning rolls and a fiver for a Tunnocks caramel wafer. We had Aldo.

Vote Aldo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

davhfc

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Vote Aldo.

Whilst the fans reps were wined and dined by Faroese officials we had the legendary Aldo Bus.

Whilst they stood on the other side of the cordon in the Runavik stand we queued with Aldo for pishy tea and a Kit Kat

We were the winners in all this. Even at £6 for half a dozen morning rolls and a fiver for a Tunnocks caramel wafer. We had Aldo.

Vote Aldo
I wasnt going to bother voting, but ill vote Aldo :icon-mrgreen:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
On a more serious note...

This is now looking a bigger sham by the minute.

Folk re-selecting themselves. Sauzee help us if Trump or his ilk got wind of that being acceptable. No hustings. No accountability to the fans people are allegedly representing?

If ever we needed real evidence that these posts are Board reps TO the fans, we got it in spades this week. But we all knew it anyway.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I have to admit when I met bus convenor Aldo I thought ..................."aw fcuk, am no having much luck with busses on these trips" but the boy is a legend.

Presidente Aldo.
:sm127:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I wasnt going to bother voting, but ill vote Aldo :icon-mrgreen:
Aldo got the fans to Runavik. Aldo put his heart, soul and 4 litres of fieryjacks cider into making a very expensive and tricky transfer from the capital to the craggy hillside on a completely different island possible for us non fans reps.

Without him, Shrink and his carer would still be on a council bus somewhere in the middle of a field of Faroese sheep...

Vote Aldo. The real fans fan, eh?

Reactions: Bofahibee
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Was going to report this post son, but on the basis it's factually correct I'll let it go.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Was going to report this post son, but on the basis it's factually correct I'll let it go.
Impressed.

That you remembered.

I've still got the Torshavn bus app on my phone. The one that tells you where all the council buses are. The Aldo Bus has its own wee icon...It does a continuous loop round the Irish Pub. Quite entertaining in the winter break when wanting to avoid transfer bed wetting threads or similar...or even just bed wetting.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I find it hard to say either way as I have no idea what's been achieved or otherwise. Which is perhaps the main thing that needs addressed - better communication. Better clarity about what we as a support should expect from the supporters reps would probably help too. If it's 'yes the reps will listen to fans and yes they'll feed those views in to the board but no you'll never get to hear the outcomes of that' then I suspect they'll always be on a hiding to nothing in fans' eyes. And it's hard to argue with that.
Aye, that's a big issue. What's actually been going on when a lot of the things that they do isn't well communicated outside a couple of small groups that supporters aren't heavily involved in?

It's worth noting that a lot of this issue isn't actually caused by the representatives; it's caused by supporters. The reason for this isn't deliberate, it's simply an issue with the sheer differences that exist between supporters themselves!

Some are old;
Some are middle-aged;
Some are young;
Some are attendants;
Some are TV watchers;
Some are workers;
Some are retired;
Some are at school;
Some are foreign.

I could go on and on, but the point I'm making is that the sheer difference between the supporter percentage means that the representatives would need a significant set of coverage if they wanted to cover everyone... And there's just no way they could do that, because they're not universal staff members who cover all information sets. What I dislike about the online coverage, which is arguably where most of the information should be, is that it's dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. And one of the representatives (in particular) doesn't provide any information that's supported by that stance, largely because he's an older guy who's not online orientated to the extent that he arguably should be.

This isn't a personal criticism, it's just the reality for someone that age.

Ach, I'm not going to go on about it because I'm just whinging and that's never great. All I'm really saying is that the representatives are in a spot where they can't cover the higher percentage of supporters and there are no systems put in place by the club that would support a solution to that issue.

For crying out loud, we don't even really know what the overall intent for the representatives fundamentally is.

It's time to say cheerio to it, in my view, because I don't expect the necessary significant changes to ever happen.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
The word on the street is that that Big Frank is not happy and feels that he has been stitched up like a kipper.

BIG G

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
You can hold the position for a total of four years maximum, Frank has done so, his time was up.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
The word on the street is that that Big Frank is not happy and feels that he has been stitched up like a kipper.

BIG G
Sense of entitlement. Four years he's had. He's obviously a big Hibby and carried out many brilliant acts, tasks & duties. However, his time was long ago up.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Sense of entitlement. Four years he's had. He's obviously a big Hibby and carried out many brilliant acts, tasks & duties. However, his time was long ago up.
Agree with this. I dinnae agree with the way this has been done but he's had his shot either way. IMO the whole idea should be scrapped before it causes any mair bother, it's a farce anyway.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Aye, that's a big issue. What's actually been going on when a lot of the things that they do isn't well communicated outside a couple of small groups that supporters aren't heavily involved in?

It's worth noting that a lot of this issue isn't actually caused by the representatives; it's caused by supporters. The reason for this isn't deliberate, it's simply an issue with the sheer differences that exist between supporters themselves!

Some are old;
Some are middle-aged;
Some are young;
Some are attendants;
Some are TV watchers;
Some are workers;
Some are retired;
Some are at school;
Some are foreign.

I could go on and on, but the point I'm making is that the sheer difference between the supporter percentage means that the representatives would need a significant set of coverage if they wanted to cover everyone... And there's just no way they could do that, because they're not universal staff members who cover all information sets. What I dislike about the online coverage, which is arguably where most of the information should be, is that it's dreadful. Absolutely dreadful. And one of the representatives (in particular) doesn't provide any information that's supported by that stance, largely because he's an older guy who's not online orientated to the extent that he arguably should be.

This isn't a personal criticism, it's just the reality for someone that age.

Ach, I'm not going to go on about it because I'm just whinging and that's never great. All I'm really saying is that the representatives are in a spot where they can't cover the higher percentage of supporters and there are no systems put in place by the club that would support a solution to that issue.

For crying out loud, we don't even really know what the overall intent for the representatives fundamentally is.

It's time to say cheerio to it, in my view, because I don't expect the necessary significant changes to ever happen.
Could they conceivably set up a blog-type thing? So that anyone interested can go and read regular updates?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
And it would be covered in slime after he touched it.
I detest that prick. Never been able to find out how much he costs the club in any accounts etc?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

traceyhibs

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
@traceyhibs Do you support there being no hustings for the election of the other board representative?
No and didn't realise until I saw Charlene's tweet. Think that worked well last time and was great to get to know each candidate a little better. Not sure the reasoning behind it but I am going to find out. There isn't much time between nominations and when they are elected so could be a factor but I do think it was worthwhile the last time round.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
No and didn't realise until I saw Charlene's tweet. Think that worked well last time and was great to get to know each candidate a little better. Not sure the reasoning behind it but I am going to find out. There isn't much time between nominations and when they are elected so could be a factor but I do think it was worthwhile the last time round.
Interesting. Don't you think though that that you didn't know that there wouldn't be hustings reveals something quite interesting? And why isn't there more time between nominations and the election? Surely in order to generate the best candidates and for the winning candidate to get their message out there, then a reasonable amount of time needs to be given? It's obvious the statement put out yesterday did you no favours. Was that statement written by David Forsyth? It's nothing personal from my perspective but it just all smacks of not being treated with any respect from the hierarchy at Easter Road.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Please answer other questions raised in this thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

stairways_second_coming

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
You would need to be mad to do it. These two people shouldn't be answering for the mistakes of the board, who are looking to pay off two puppets to take there beating. It must be stressful reading through all the abuse they receive online f going from a normal fan to that

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS