• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Expanded top league?

Would you rather

• Total voters
Ross County owner is against reconstruction but is sympathetic.

Aberdeen will support reconstruction.

Last edited:
Ross County owner is against reconstruction but is sympathetic.

The Sheep will support reconstruction.

Sheep will only support if its temporary. He wants his bigot gates.

Just when you thought the farce couldn’t get more farcical!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is LD’s voice in all of this because make no mistake if the Gunts come through this we have lost out, we already have had ST’s sold on the basis that our league was remaining as 12, Doncaster and that muppet show informed everyone that today’s meeting would be the final decision, so both the Gunts new proposal and the Zombies proposal failed therefore that should be the end of it. We have already lost £125k because of this and now we have to end up sharing funds with the Gunts and ICT!!

Last edited:
Ffs... this shambles needs to end now. Clubs should be coming out en masse ridiculing that shambolic and embarrassing club. They are like the junkie whores on the street begging for services

By hook or crook the Gunts will stay up, ridiculous this issue hasn't been put to bed, appears Doncaster wants them to stay up now there benifator gave them his bribe

Can’t see Championship clubs voting in favour of reconstruction - facing Hearts instead of Partick Thistle is much more financially lucrative.

Also cannot see Hibs or St. Mirren voting for if, would be surprised if any bottom 6 club does - they can’t afford to lessen their share of the prize money by dividing it between 14.

I think the SPFL are fearful of legal action from Hearts, so have given the all the clubs the chance to make a final vote on reconstruction which would save them. This is so they can say in any potential legal battle that every opportunity has been given to all of the member clubs to change the leagues.
I will be surprised if they vote for this change but you never know in the current climate. Increasing the amount of teams in the top league is not going to add to the quality and standard of the game in Scotland.

Can’t see Championship clubs voting in favour of reconstruction - facing Hearts instead of Partick Thistle is much more financially lucrative.

Also cannot see Hibs or St. Mirren voting for if, would be surprised if any bottom 6 club does - they can’t afford to lessen their share of the prize money by dividing it between 14.

was reported last night from some newspaper majority of championship clubs won’t backing it I’m sure

Reactions: Zab
Looks like it's a dead duck.
Again.
Budge has 10 days until the fixtures are announced.
Does she have enough time for another bash at saving hearts?
Sorry!
Meaningful league reconstruction.

Looks like it's a dead duck.
Again.
Budge has 10 days until the fixtures are announced.
Does she have enough time for another bash at saving hearts?
Sorry!
Meaningful league reconstruction.
No. It has to end after the vote on Monday. A ridiculous amount of time has been spent already since late March pandering to the Edinburgh establishment club. In my opinion they originally had a legitimate grievance being relegated with 8 games still to be played and only 4 points from the bottom, but that's just the way it is. We should have moved on long before now, especially given the immense challenges the game in Scotland will be facing in the next few months.
The league was called as it is with Hibs losing a considerable amount of money in the process. All the talk of reconstruction is just a desperate attempt at trying to save themselves. For some unfathomable reason (which is worthy of a separate thread in itself) the scottish sports media seem to think this club is so important to the top league that it has to be saved at all costs. I have never understood why they get so much reverence from the media in Scotland, even in the Old Firm dominated west of scotland media. Again that is worthy of a separate discussion.

Last edited:
No. It has to end after the vote on Monday. A ridiculous amount of time has been spent already since late March pandering to the Edinburgh establishment club. In my opinion they originally had a legitimate grievance being relegated with 8 games still to be played and only 4 points from the bottom, but that's just the way it is. We should have moved on long before now, especially given the immense challenges the game in Scotland will be facing in the next few months.
The league was called as it is with Hibs losing a considerable amount of money in the process. All the talk of reconstruction is just a desperate attempt at trying to save themselves. For some unfathomable reason (which is worthy of a separate thread in itself) the scottish sports media seem to think this club is so important to the top league that it has to be saved at all costs. I have never understood why they get so much reverence from the media in Scotland, even in the Old Firm dominated west of scotland media. Again that is worthy of a separate discussion.
Exactly, it was the same with Newco Rangers in 2012, the same media and influencers within Scottish football where determined they could just walk into the top league, thankfully sporting integrity won as it should do in this case again, Hearts should do the rightful thing and help the Championship clubs to survive next season.

I think the SPFL are fearful of legal action from Hearts, so have given the all the clubs the chance to make a final vote on reconstruction which would save them. This is so they can say in any potential legal battle that every opportunity has been given to all of the member clubs to change the leagues.
I will be surprised if they vote for this change but you never know in the current climate. Increasing the amount of teams in the top league is not going to add to the quality and standard of the game in Scotland.

Or has Doncaster played a blinder here by making sure all avenues were brought to the table so that if Hearts did take them to court they wouldn’t have a leg to stand on as the SPFL gave them loads of opportunities to get the right amount of votes from other clubs. Anyway if Hearts did take legal action then the SFA would get involved and my understanding is you cannot take a governing body to court so not only will they be relegated they will also have court fees, and the charges both the SPFL and the SFA put on them also.

If this were to go ahead then would Hibs have the right to question us dropping a place to 7th and losing out on £125k
Genuine question !!!

I suspect your opening sentence is fairly accurate.
In addition to this all being totally embarrassing, it is also confusing.

Have Hearts been “officially” relegated OR is their demotion pending the outcome of talks around league reconstruction?

The former would mean a reversal of the decision to relegate them should reconstruction get approval?
If that was the case then any club put in detriment by this decision would have solid grounds for appeal.

I am confusing myself now but hopefully my intended drift is gotten.

I still think if it was us we would be raging however.....

Just relegate them and let’s get on with things ☺️

If this were to go ahead then would Hibs have the right to question us dropping a place to 7th and losing out on £125k
Genuine question !!!

Agree.

Genuine question !!!

I would say definately because the terms of the season finishing would have changed

This thread has been viewed 3246 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75