• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Expanded top league?

Would you rather

• Total voters

Two Headed Boy

Private Member
Reaction score
I've always argued in favour of a bigger top league. Less points dropped to the OF means a more level playing field for everyone and the variety of away days would add a bit of much needed excitement.

Ive seen people proposing this as a solution to the current fixture crisis - i.e. call the season, have no relegation and promote Dundee Utd, Inverness, Dundee and Ayr Utd.

Normally, I'd be all for this but it means saving Hearts...

What do you think?

I don't have a voting button.

Expanding the top league is one of the more sensible suggestions that has been put forward in my opinion.

The authorities have plenty time to work on it.

Should’ve been done a long time ago. A lot of top flight clubs don’t want it tho as there is a huge reliance financially on as many visits from Glasgow 2 per season as they can get. Until our TV deal is better most clubs gate income is still a msssive percentage of total turnover compared to other countries. Having 4 - 6000 twice a season is a lot of dough for Killie, Well, St Johnstone for example.

How good would the league be if we could have strong Falkirk, Dundee, Dunfermline, Raith etc and the subsequent away days that those bring.

Germany seem likely to promote 2 or 4 and have no relegation. We definitely won’t. Thank F as I want those Hertz ***** down for the sole reason they are the worse team in the league as the table shows.....

7E343429-73B4-49B0-A8F6-9C898DE5821B.jpeg
This is premature but where we are headed

The polls dont seem to be working, have let @Jamie know.

Just have one big fuck off league that takes about two years to get through.

One week your playing Smeltic the next Edinburgh City.

The polls dont seem to be working, have let @Jamie know.
Permissions sorted mate

If ever there was a good time to just reconstruct our league properly.
Started on the right path allowing non league teams into the structure.

End this season now, declare Celtic champions and I've no real solution for the scottish cup, so it goes to a league spot.
And next season, as much as I'd like to relegate hearts, do away with it, bring up all 4 championship teams to give us 16. They can even keep their split to give us 37 league games.
Turn the other 3 into 2 and you've solved everyones problems.

End this season now, declare Smellies... champions and I've no real solution for the scottish cup, so it goes to a league spot.
And next season, as much as I'd like to relegate Gunts, do away with it, bring up all 4 championship teams to give us 16. They can even keep their split to give us 37 league games.
Bring up 5 and relegate them

We have a winner??

Dunfermline for Hearts...

Yup that works.

End this season now, declare Smellies... champions and I've no real solution for the scottish cup, so it goes to a league spot.
And next season, as much as I'd like to relegate Gunts, do away with it, bring up all 4 championship teams to give us 16. They can even keep their split to give us 37 league games.

A 16 team league with a split means one of the OF will have to play one home derby and two away. They'll never agee to that.

It's the reason I wish those two would just fuck off to England and the Scottish game could leave Sky behind and go with Amazon, Netflix or You Tube or something.

Unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures.

It's not fair or satisfactory if teams don't get promoted, its not fair or satisfactory if teams don't get relegated - so following on from what happened in the east of Scotland league.....when and if football restarts, especially if the gap is months....

Do conferences by league positions at time of stopping. Top Two leagues could be split into 2 of 12, with the top 6 in each league making up the premiership for the following season.

Conferences would be:

Conference 1Conference 2
CelticRangers
MotherwellAberdeen
LivingstonHibernian
St JohnstoneKilmarnock
St MirrenRoss County
HamiltonHearts
Dundee UnitedInverness Caley
DundeeAyr United
DunfermlineAbroath
MortonAlloa
Queen of the SouthPartick Thistle
Raith RoversFalkirk

Play each other twice. Play other conference, winners of conferences play off for title.

Not perfect, but perhaps better than no promotion/no relegation or promotion/relegation before league campaign is finished. If we were bottom at this point and got relegated I'd be raging. In perspective, obviously.

I've always argued in favour of a bigger top league. Less points dropped to the OF means a more level playing field for everyone and the variety of away days would add a bit of much needed excitement.

Ive seen people proposing this as a solution to the current fixture crisis - i.e. call the season, have no relegation and promote Dundee Utd, Inverness, Dundee and Ayr Utd.

Normally, I'd be all for this but it means saving Gunts...

What do you think?

No more League or cup football for this season
Euros moved to next year
Celtic-League winners
Dundee United and Inverness promoted to the top league giving us 14 clubs
Hearts (unfortunately) stay up
League won't start till September IMO..let's hope so anyway.
Scrap the League Cup
Scrap the winter break

The above is what I think will happen.

:dunno1:

Sorry. Was pricking around with Google while browsing this thread.
Put it down to itchy trigger finger!

The leagues have been called.

The gunts have been relegated.

All the clubs in that lower division are on zero, nil, no points.

If the gunts little Budgie puts forward a league reconstruction proposal that is acceptable, unlikely I know, and that includes an expanded top league which club(s) from that lower league should be invited to join the top league?

There's none of them that could put forward a case that would justify being included based on sporting merit or any less important attribute. I can't think of anything on which it could fairly be based.

The gunts little Budgie obviously thinks they have a divine right to be in the top flight, arrogant bitch, but every other club in that league could say 'Oh we were going to massively overspend next season so we deserve to be there' and they're in the same position as the gunts. Stalemate.

The leagues have been called.

The gunts have been relegated.

All the clubs in that lower division are on zero, nil, no points.

If the gunts little Budgie puts forward a league reconstruction proposal that is acceptable, unlikely I know, and that includes an expanded top league which club(s) from that lower league should be invited to join the top league?

There's none of them that could put forward a case that would justify being included based on sporting merit or any less important attribute. I can't think of anything on which it could fairly be based.

The gunts little Budgie obviously thinks they have a divine right to be in the top flight, arrogant bitch, but every other club in that league could say 'Oh we were going to massively overspend next season so we deserve to be there' and they're in the same position as the gunts. Stalemate.

When is her new proposal due to be released?

I have sympathy for Hearts in this, and I do find it bizarre that there is no provision within the spfl rules for calling a season early so everyone knew where they stood.

The easy solution would have been to move 2 teams up to prem for next season, no relegation which would have meant 2 teams moving up from each division. Next season, relegation would have brought things back to normality that is 3 down, 4th bottom in playoff v 2nd in League One. This isn't fair, more the "least unfair" option.

Something that doesnt affect us is the pyramid shenanigans, but it links into the clubs thinking - if they had allowed Kelty and Brora in to make up the numbers then it's pretty certain that Brechin/Cowdenbeath/Albion Rovers would have been dropping out the league the following season so the self-preservation kicks in.

Allowing Kelty and Brora in, would have addressed a particular problem regarding the brechin/kelty/brora play off being pulled by the spfl when the spfl dont have the authority to pull it. There is a bigger issue with the pyramid though - there another 67 teams coming into next season, with another 20 at tier 6 in the west. Once Brechin/Cowndenbeath/Albion Rovers drop out of league 2 they aren't coming back anytime soon as Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire have found.

Having read the rules, I think Kelty/Brora are virtually certain to win a legal case and have a play off before the following season starts.

But really, this should all have been thrashed out weeks ago.

I have sympathy for Hearts in this, and I do find it bizarre that there is no provision within the spfl rules for calling a season early so everyone knew where they stood.

The easy solution would have been to move 2 teams up to prem for next season, no relegation which would have meant 2 teams moving up from each division. Next season, relegation would have brought things back to normality that is 3 down, 4th bottom in playoff v 2nd in League One. This isn't fair, more the "least unfair" option.

Something that doesnt affect us is the pyramid shenanigans, but it links into the clubs thinking - if they had allowed Kelty and Brora in to make up the numbers then it's pretty certain that Brechin/Cowdenbeath/Albion Rovers would have been dropping out the league the following season so the self-preservation kicks in.

Allowing Kelty and Brora in, would have addressed a particular problem regarding the brechin/kelty/brora play off being pulled by the spfl when the spfl dont have the authority to pull it. There is a bigger issue with the pyramid though - there another 67 teams coming into next season, with another 20 at tier 6 in the west. Once Brechin/Cowndenbeath/Albion Rovers drop out of league 2 they aren't coming back anytime soon as Berwick Rangers and East Stirlingshire have found.

Having read the rules, I think Kelty/Brora are virtually certain to win a legal case and have a play off before the following season starts.

But really, this should all have been thrashed out weeks ago.

Agree with almost all of that, but it is imperative that the Puddledrinkers are relegated, worst team in the league all season, down they go.

The sooner it gets booted into the long grass the better, and then the ‘legal battle’ can begin.
It should be a classic, as the Gunts have apparently knocked back offers of legal advice from Saul Goodman and Perry Mason and instead engaged top estate agent and conveyancing lawyer Leslie Deans.

Terrifying prospect for the SPFL I’d imagine.

Poor wee Hearts, premature ejection.

Was supposed to be today.

The sooner it gets booted into the long grass the better, and then the ‘legal battle’ can begin.
It should be a classic, as the Gunts have apparently knocked back offers of legal advice from Saul Goodman and Perry Mason and instead engaged top estate agent and conveyancing lawyer Leslie Deans.

Terrifying prospect for the SPFL I’d imagine.

She's gonna have more votes against her than Theresa May soon. Get them tae fuck :47:

The old diversion ploy in place here, deflect the real reason for their turmoil onto everybody else. Look at the league table, look at the amount of average players they signed, look at the money wasted on the managers, players, unfinished infrastructure, etc. They're wasting too much energy on this, should be cutting and prepping for a return to top football next year. I remember Gunt fans laughing at the statements from der Hun, this is where they're at now.

Does any new plan not need an 11-1 vote from the premiership teams to get it through with hearts being counted as a championship team now the seasons been called?

Does any new plan not need an 11-1 vote from the premiership teams to get it through with hearts being counted as a championship team now the seasons been called?
The way I understand it is that if financials are concerned its 11-1 otherwise its 9-3.

Wee Anne's like a the provident lady, nobody answers the phone or tap on the door. This ones for the poor older generation. Teehee Cowan Tailoring ya bass.

Could be a bit of pain ahead if they decide not to start the championship until fans are allowed. Read there has been talk of an 18 game league starting January for example.

Could see attempts being made to minimise the number of clubs impacted and increase the top league to even 16 to safeguard as many full time clubs as poss.

Reckon all top flight clubs will need to share a percentage of their 2020/21 income to the lower leagues who could be out the game until stadiums can be opened.

Exceptional times so selfish C@nts like that Celtc Fukr Lawwell need to get the message

Bloody Amateurs.

Lower league clubs in Scotland will not be able to survive playing behind closed doors. They rely on gate money to survive as do most clubs in Scotland, this is the reality of having no crowds at games in Scotland. Jim McInally the Peterhead manager said today all that had to be said. They would be as well having no football at all next season in Leagues one and two. I think there will be many teams in the Championship and a few in the SPL who will not make it either, whether we play behind closed doors or not. This time next season we will be discussing a complete restructure of the leagues with the remnants of what is left of scottish football.
This is the stark reality of the challenge facing our game right now and I wish they would start facing up to it instead of all this shit about short-term league reconstruction to save Hearts from going down. We have wasted so much time pandering to this mob. Yes, they do have a legitimate grievance about being relegated with 8 games left, and I understand why they are taking it as far as they can, but enough is enough. We have much more urgent things to sort out than this endless votes and meetings prolonging an issue which has surely ran it's course now.

Last edited:
Wee Anne's like a the provident lady, nobody answers the phone or tap on the door. This ones for the poor older generation. Teehee Cowan Tailoring ya bass.
Kent the boy that worked in there, auld Vic. Used tae give us his discount.

14-14-16

As if that will pass

Good luck with the lawsuit you incompetent fool

A few Championship clubs are to announce that they will go bust in the coming weeks with the prospect of no income until September.

A few Championship clubs are to announce that they will go bust in the coming weeks with the prospect of no income until September.
No surprise. This will only be the start of it.

Hearts? ???

A few others saying they are likely to be mothballing, pretty much what the Pars are doing.

Let's not forget though the gunts have been relegated, there's nothing can save them from relegation. Its happened. If, when the league restarts, they are in the top division they will have been promoted to that position.

This thread has been viewed 3227 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75