• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The EUROS thread

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
Despite Scotland qualifying for the first time in yonks I can't say I was particularly enthusiastic about it however last night for no apparent reason a wave of enthusiasm swept in.

Mon Scotland, if I had a flag I'd wave it outside my door 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Screenshot_20210611-084135_OfficeSuite.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zab
It s usually a good tournament, with the lesser fancied teams doing well, sometimes even winning it. Oh how I’d love to beat the tories at Wembley, but I can’t see it .
Germany was the team I wanted in the work sweepie, got Russia.

I have a feeling Scotland will do better than many neutrals are saying.

Helps us having two games at Hampden.

Czech Republic game on Monday is our best chance of a win IMO.

England game a free hit, as most will write us off.

Belgium, France or England to win the tournament.
England only because all their games are at Wembley. A huge advantage.

Looking forward to it.

Come on Scotland !

I have a feeling Scotland will do better than many neutrals are saying.

Helps us having two games at Hampden.

Czech Republic game on Monday is our best chance of a win IMO.

England game a free hit, as most will write us off.

Belgium, France or England to win the tournament.
England only because all their games are at Wembley. A huge advantage.

Looking forward to it.

Come on Scotland !
Englands games played at Wembley.
Hoping for a repeat of 66.
But there's goal line technology nowadays.....

Quite excited about the whole thing. Scotland back at a major tournament for the first time in 23 years (I was in Bordeaux in 1998!) Some fans back in stadiums will be nice too. On paper France should win it but Portugal have a great first XI too albeit an aging defence and of course they are both in the "group of death" with Germany. Cannae wait!

Made Spain 82 and Italia 90. Couldn't get time off work for France 98. Would never have believed then it would be 20-odd years before we got to another tournament. Might have just packed in the job if I'd known!
Really looking forward to this. Radio Times wallchart at the ready.

Looking forward to seeing how Scotland get on, it's been far too long since we've made a tournament. I think I read Gallagher is the only outfield player over 30 so hopefully this group of players can make it to the finals again 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Also really looking forward to this - even if we do our usual.

Its great Scotland being in it again.

I too was in Bordeaux in '98 - happy daze.

I'm gonna put money on Scotland not scoring a single goal all tournament.

Looking forward to the tournament itself though. I usually pick Germany to win major tournaments.

I’m excited for it, glad there will be fans at the games! Watching the kick off show on iPlayer now.

I fancy France to win it, with Poland the dark horse to do well.

Hope but don’t expect Scotland to do well.

Italy v Turkey.Hate Erdogan but like the folk and the scenery.An upset would be nice.

Anyone got tickets for the Hampden games?

Anyone got tickets for the Hampden games?

Not yet ;))

Quality opening ceremony with Andrea Bocelli, then the Italian national anthem…. Proper international football is back. Love it!

Thought they did a good job with their ceremony too!
There's always something quite powerful about the end of the Italian anthem.

I wasn't sure if I was up for the tournament or not, used to watch every game I could find on TV, this year I've not watched anything other than Hibs. Then I got Turkey in the sweepstakes when there was only them, France, Belgium and Italy left. Downer.

But I love stadium firework shows. So I'm all in for this now!

Italy controlling the opening match in the first half, just unable to breach Turkey's mass defence so far.
It's very hard to create openings when the opposition get everyone behind the ball.
If Italy score first its game over IMO.

Bring back the wee car.

Italy controlling the opening match in the first half, just unable to breach Turkey's mass defence so far.
It's very hard to create openings when the opposition get everyone behind the ball.
If Italy score first its game over IMO.

Just smash it off a defender instead then 😁

Unlucky, no too much he could've done, he was wrong side of the ball to get it moving the other way.

That 2-0 was Totti-esque

(and as Eartha Kitt sang it, "What a difference a hyphen makes...")

Tickets available for hampden 077591F4-CFD9-441B-A69B-71B980E18680.png

Forza Italia!

Forza Italia!
They looked very good the second half.

Tickets still available for Wembley C45EA39D-48F7-440D-B339-F2D1AC2F4762.png

They looked very good the second half.

All game, Turkey just don't have the legs for them. Run out of energy, almost gave up some of them.
Easier to keep that up when you've kept it level.

Italy look real good, might cause us problems later in the tournament

It's certainly no cattenaccio. Every generation of Azzuri I have seen would have kept and cherished that 1-0.

It's certainly no cattenaccio. Every generation of Azzuri I have seen would have kept and cherished that 1-0.

This Italy side doesn’t look anything the teams of old. The pressing, movement and passing was excellent. They look a very good side.

All game, Turkey just don't have the legs for them. Run out of energy, almost gave up some of them.
Easier to keep that up when you've kept it level.

Italy look real good, might cause us problems later in the tournament
Only seen bits of first half.
I think we dinnae play them until the final.😉

Am sittin watchin van Basten disagreeing with van der Vaart on next Dutch team selection... nice diff from Lineker Shearer etc...

Raf has been living the GOOD life since retirement (and very public divorce) it seems.... 😃

Italy were superb tonight, great passing football, solid and creative in midfield and well organised defensively as you would expect. The first goal was crucial and they just took Turkey apart after that.

As for Turkey, well it was like watching Hibs in the scottish cup final again. Lifeless, lacking any energy and creativity, and totally devoid of passion.

Good if somewhat one sided start to the tournament.

Did not watch the game. Apart from Scotland's games, may not bother.

BIG G

As an Italy /Scotland supporter I really enjoyed the match last night. Joined it as Nessun dorma was reaching its crescendo,took me back to the great Italian team of italia 90 and big Pav.
Appart from the football what an amazing wall of noise coming from both sets of supporters the difference it brought to the game was THE DIFFERENCE empty stadia are shite no matter how good the game is Super league supporters take note.
After the Italian anthem the expression on Giorgio Chiellini’s face showed the passion and joy of getting back to football played in front of supporters and the 16000 or so played their part to the full.
Italy’s passing was a joy to watch even up against an Aberdeenesqe defence.
Playing out of defence it was made to look so easy as the Turks settled into their own half. At the sharp end in a Turkish forest I marvelled at the way we could still pass and probe their defence but a goal was proving extremely difficult and any chance would have to be converted.
It took an og to break the deadlock after the initial celebrating with my boys and daughter my lad said “hard goal to defend that if Demiral hadn’t put it in Immobile would have “
Ffs I replied I’ve been saying that about Hibs all season that’s the kind of ball you want fiered into the box not these high balls all the time!
If Berardi was Boyle ,Immobile Nisbet and Demiral some Aberdeen,St Johnstone,Hun defender the result is the same defenders shite it when put in that situation.
We(Hibs) need to work on those kind of balls getting Nisbet and Doidge to gamble more (not the bookies ) there is a place for long balls and there is more to it than getting to the by line and whipping it in.
Hibs are generally good at passing the ball but a lot of the time it is laborious ,side to side and backwards. Imo this is due to players not moving into space it’s the old pass and move scenario it’s not that difficult and the same applies to throw ins loose your marker. Hope Jack Ross was watching last night. Hibs aren’t Italy but then the ugly sisters aren’t France or aBelgium.
There you go,began talking about the Euros ended talking about the SPL as Grievsey used to say “Footballs a funny old game “.
Forza Italia 🇮🇹and C’mon ra Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Yeah was telling my laddie the exact same…. Was surprised when they started really going for it again after they scored

Wales are pish.

1-0 Switzerland...well deserved.

1-1 great header from Moore...

Feck me Wales scored! I'll refrain from typing more until I see the rest of the game.

Beaut of a header that

I quite enjoyed the first half, had to go out for the second, but not surprised to see both teams score.

This doesn’t look good for Erickson right now 😞

• Sad
Distressing

This thread has been viewed 30233 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back