• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

ER officially 2nd best stadia in Scotland

Hattie

Donator
Private Member
Reaction score

The gunts pink bus shelter with glossy new co-op shop front costing £15m and not enough cash to finish it, is 2nd rate ?????

St Johnstone and St Mirren gold grounds?? What what what???

I remember back in January 2017 when Hibs played Bonnyrigg in the Scottish Cup they had the huge support beams anchored over that death trap of a main stand to be demolished. Perhaps the cash cow at Tynecastle will have filled up enough pennies to get to the coin exchange at new year... No plastic coins now Jambos. ???

New ST Mirren Park is compact and bijou but decent. I enjoy going there.

These results are a testament as to how our club has been transformed completely in the last five years. Our stadium is for me the best in Scotland outside of Glasgow and the overall running of the club is now highly professional and befitting a club of the size and stature of Hibernian.

To be fair, the stadium was completed in 2010?

I’m not sure why his has suddenly become news - this was released in April

Clearly the PA system wasn’t part of the assessment ?

View attachment 914

The gunts pink bus shelter with glossy new co-op shop front costing £15m and not enough cash to finish it, is 2nd rate ?????

Just to point out that across the road on dotnet it's been mentioned that the cost is currently in the region of £18m and will rise to at least £20m before it's finished.

They're also noting Spurs 62,062 stadium has taken less time to build than their stand!

So I looked it up.
Off topic but ... the Spurs stadium cost £1bn for the "whole project". I reckon that's around £17k a seat!!! How the fuck [insert any number of questions here]?

Great to see Hibernian complete a gold standard in full.

This table throws up more questions than it should :sm113:

Clearly the PA system wasn’t part of the assessment ?
If there was a table for PA systems, Celtic, Rangers and Hearts would be right up there with Hibs fighting relegation with so called minnows. What's being said about the sometimes inaudible, depending on wind direction PA at ER, by the high heid yins,K.

BIG G

What's being said about the sometimes inaudible, depending on wind direction PA at ER, by the high heid yins,K.

BIG G
Platinum in "Most Tricky Grammar In One Sentence" class, 2019 :sm023::grinning-smiley-045:

What is the point of all this! Clearly Platinum is higher than gold, I wasnie impressed by Darkheid last time I went. St Mirren's groond I thought was awful, bit like a derelict factory and the Hibs fans got penned in at the end.

What is the point of all this! Clearly Platinum is higher than gold, I wasnie impressed by Darkheid last time I went. St Mirren's groond I thought was awful, bit like a derelict factory and the Hibs fans got penned in at the end.
It'll be because of their £2 million disco lights they've fitted for evening games. Yeah I couldn't understand the St M or St J awards either. Bit of a head scratcher, grounds are as basic as they come. Not like Easter Road with the tellys and Sky Sports on etc.

It'll be because of their £2 million disco lights they've fitted for evening games. Yeah I couldn't understand the St M or St J awards either. Bit of a head scratcher, grounds are as basic as they come. Not like Easter Road with the tellys and Sky Sports on etc.
Basic is Pittodrie. Seats screwed into the old terracing steps, two steps between seats but really shallow ones where you end up half on, half off one if you're on your feet. Where there's no real protection from the elements- that are not insignificant- and where you queue for food from a hatch with wire over the front like a corner store in an area of deprivation in LA. Where the toilets are 1980s portacabinz separate from the "stand".
That's not basic, that's primitive.

Or Dundee, where you get lucky if your seat isn't welded in an upright position by gull shit and corrosion and if it does go down your seat is so close to the ones in front and behind you sit with your knees in the back of the person in front of you and with knees in your back from the gadgie behind.

Or the Gunts, where someone forgot to put sides on the ends of the concourse - and that's just in the finished stands.

St Mirren is small but well made and theres attention to detail. Most importantly they haven't skimped on seat space or leg room. My 6ft plus laddie looks forward to it just for the comfort for taller folk. They even do a low fat and vegetarian catering range that other clubs don't.

All relative but there's much bigger clubs with much poorer facilities.

St Mirren looks awful, but it has been used by SFA from the start, so you would presume changing rooms etc are a high standard and well as pitch size, seating etc.
St Johnstone is a puzzler, just out of date now.
Pittodrie, both Dundee grounds and Motherwell require serious upgrading. The Motherwell pitch is not level, some serious undulations that should be sorted.
PBS, the pitch is too small and they can't do anything about that (£18m for one stand and counting).
Killie, terrible seating, plastic pitch, but probably ticks the right boxes in terms of what is required.
Hamilton is just not worth mentioning.
Looking at the OF purely in terms of stadia, I prefer Ibrox, but Parkhead provides better internal facilities.
ER is in a great place, good internal facilities, right size pitch and has room to improve if required. It does need some basic maintenance across the ground.

This thread has been viewed 1835 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back