• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Eggy language

jimtom

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Anyone remember as spoken in the Leith area. A wheggy peggudin suppeggy.

Surely a wegite pegudeging segupeger

Anyone remember as spoken in the Leith area. A wheggy peggudin suppeggy.
What on earth are you talking about?

BIG G

Surely a wegite pegudeging segupeger
Am I going mad?

BIG G

Legooks legike egit

Legooks legike egit
Yeggu egare a eggy megan.

BIG G

Eggit weggas speggoken eggin Peggilton teggeggoo. Eggin feggact Eggit weggas speggoken eggall eggover.

Ieg thegink Ieg haveg iteg crackeged! Well?

Ieg thegink Ieg haveg iteg crackeged! Well?
just a case of saying egg before each vowel sound. Never seen it written before.

just a case of saying egg before each vowel sound. Never seen it written before.
There was a thread on here years ago. That was the first time I'd seen it written. Could speak it fluently as a bairn but never once wrote it down.

It sounds better than it looks

my wife and her pal talk like this sometimes, weirdos.

my wife and her pal talk like this sometimes, weirdos.
Egotists?

I thought eggy peggy was a world wide phenomenon I had nae idea it was a local language for local people.

Used to nip ma heid.

Still does apparently :grrr:

Never heard of it.

My sister and her pals used to talk that eggi language. Drove me mental as a kid - especially when I knew they were talking about me.

As opposed to Jamesie from Egebamyasi aka Mr Egg who has just added ...egg to the end of everything he’s ever said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to nip ma heid.

Still does apparently :grrr:
Indeed, what a shit thread :giggle:

I remember this ( late sixties ) Just a fad but even looking at it now it’s pretty tricky . I never got into it . In fact so tricky I was never sure people talking in this language were doing it properly

I remember this ( late sixties ) Just a fad but even looking at it now it’s pretty tricky . I never got into it . In fact so tricky I was never sure people talking in this language were doing it properly
Ehggy?

Indeed, what a shit thread :giggle:
Sheggit threggit indegged!

Sounds like a Clockwork Orange thing.

A language used by schoolkids in the late sixties of the ages between about 6-9.

A language used by schoolkids in the late sixties of the ages between about 6-9.
At St Tony's lochend Road Leith in 1967 it was between kids 13 to 16.Its the IWT factor moaty.I was there.

Last edited:
Definitely deserves some special status, like Gaelic, and Govt funding.Any suggestions as to what it's own BBC channels should be called? Leith could be designated as an area where it's purist form is spoken, like Oxford English....the sooner the football is back, the better; Moaty's threads are going completely off the wegall!

I think you'll find this post was started by jimtom.All I said that it was a language talked by primary school kids.If Jimtom agrees to differ that's his prerogative.If there's a thread of mine you don't like move on or come up with something better yourself.

At St Tony's lochend Road Leith in 1967 it was between kids 13 to 16.Its the IWT factor moaty.I was there.
That's when I started at Craigentinny Primary and heard the older kids talking it.

That's when I started at Craigentinny Primary and heard the older kids talking it.
There was a teacher at Tony's can't remember his name and taught English/History who used to give us a laugh by doing the eggy language.

I think you'll find this post was started by jimtom.All I said that it was a language talked by primary school kids.If Jimtom agrees to differ that's his prerogative.If there's a thread of mine you don't like move on or come up with something better yourself.
Sorry, Moaty.....wasnae haein a go at ye...I love your quirky threads

Sorry, Moaty.....wasnae haein a go at ye...I love your quirky threads

His purple flares with the tie dyed tank top are amazing.

His purple flares with the tie dyed tank top are amazing.
worth a real manual LOL :)

This thread has been viewed 3006 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back