• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Efe Ambrose

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
The Sun are saying we will not offer an improved deal yet a journalist on Twitter reckons we are in discussion with him as things haven't panned out the way he'd hoped after leaving. Find that quite difficult to believe as you would of thought don't tear up your contract unless you had 2 or 3 clubs interested in you!
Think this is the important bit , the grass isn't always greener

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
The Sun are saying we will not offer an improved deal yet a journalist on Twitter reckons we are in discussion with him as things haven't panned out the way he'd hoped after leaving. Find that quite difficult to believe as you would of thought don't tear up your contract unless you had 2 or 3 clubs interested in you!
I assume it's the original offer we made him which is still on the table. I certainly don't think we should be offering him any more money than what was in that deal. He is just looking for more money and probably thought that by invoking the "leave early" clause it would either (a) alert other clubs he was available, or (b) push Hibs into offering him more. I still think he will be signed up by an English club (or perhaps Celtic again), but like most fans I would love to see him sign the original deal we offered him.

Last edited:

tayside hibee

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
If you want quality over quantity then he is your man. Doesn't tend to get injured, is very fit, doesn't pick up many suspensions. When you look at some players who have barely kicked a ball this season , I know where I'd be spending the cash.

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
If you want quality over quantity then he is your man. Doesn't tend to get injured, is very fit, doesn't pick up many suspensions. When you look at some players who have barely kicked a ball this season , I know where I'd be spending the cash.
Absolutely. Best player at the club since McGinn left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Pretty sure Hibs will have pushed the boat out here, for all the reasons above.
But if Efe is looking for wages equivalent to what he could reasonably command down south then it was never going to happen.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Since he signed for Hibs I don’t remember him ever having an injury or a suspension. He’s available for every game.

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Didn't realise how tall he was look at his stats - 6'3. I hope wee Efe returns.

SlovSam

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
That's quite an unusual release clause he has in his contract whereby you are effectively a free agent in the January transfer window at a time when there are only a few decent players around many of whom still require a pay of, as well as the many dubious players who might make it or might not and just loads and loads of complete and utter duds.

To have a player of Efe's quality available for zero expense other than his signing on fee puts him in a strong position and its nice to still be in with an outside chance of him resigning.

Its his last pay day and he is right at his peak though and its hard to see that there wont be better offers out there.

ThePosterFormerlyKnownAsChavez

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
That's quite an unusual release clause he has in his contract whereby you are effectively a free agent in the January transfer window at a time when there are only a few decent players around many of whom still require a pay of, as well as the many dubious players who might make it or might not and just loads and loads of complete and utter duds.

To have a player of Efe's quality available for zero expense other than his signing on fee puts him in a strong position and its nice to still be in with an outside chance of him resigning.

Its his last pay day and he is right at his peak though and its hard to see that there wont be better offers out there.
Have to say that it remains a mystery to me how we got him in the first place .

Hectorhib

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I love watching his casual style of play, but he has a reputation for being a liability, and that's not easy to shake off.I don't think there'll be many better offers to him....hope he comes back

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Just because he's not signed for anyome doesn't mean he's not got offers?

We knew about suitors in Turkey and France? He'll be weighing up his options, he's got time to do so.

If us offering him an improved deal free'd him up, we shouldn't have bothered. Doesn't really make sense.
Sounds like he was always free to do this I think.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Watching the game yesterday. Get him signed back up pronto. We'll never be able to sign a player with his quality, he's worth paying the extra money for.

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Watching the game yesterday. Get him signed back up pronto. We'll never be able to sign a player with his quality, he's worth paying the extra money for.
In the crowd?? Good to see he still cares a bit. Sorely missed. Just imagine where we could of been without Efe.

SuperTortolano

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
In the crowd?? Good to see he still cares a bit. Sorely missed. Just imagine where we could of been without Efe.
My writing is terrible. I was watching the game on TV, but it stood out like a sore thumb how much we miss the big guy at the back. Hopefully we can convince him to finish his career here.

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Efetobore Ambrose looking set to sign for Derby according to SSN. Missing him already...

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Certainly good enough for that level at Derby. Good luck fella.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel