• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Edinburgh kiltwalk

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Just signed up to do the 15.5mile kiltwalk for Anthony Nolan.
Anybody done one in the past?
Any advice?

brianmc

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Never done it.
Just put one foot in front of the other and you'll do fine!
And well done for making the effort

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Just signed up to do the 15.5mile kiltwalk for Anthony Nolan.
Anybody done one in the past?
Any advice?
Yep, done three now. 2 full marathon length ones in Edinburgh and 1 last year the 26 miles from Glasgow Green to Loch Lomond.
If you're fit it's possible to do the shorter length ones without too much training. If it's the full ones you could probably do it too but it's not advisable. You'll pay for it in blisters and sair bits the following days.
Make sure you break in any shoes you intend wearing.

A lot depends on your fitness levels, age and how much you put into training. They do give you a training schedule to follow if you are interested.

I walked with my offspring who are taller, 30 years younger and eat up the ground. We did the Glasgow Green to Loch Lomond in 6 hours, pretty much non-stop with one pee stop. I hit a wall, out of the blue, at about 23 miles. Just suddenly felt I couldn't finish it even though id done it twice already in that previous 12 months. They got me through the psychological barrier for about a mile by singing 500 miles with me like 3 dafties. The wall passed and I got a second wind. Think in hindsight it was we set out too quickly. We finished much more quickly than the previous ones.

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Yep, done three now. 2 full marathon length ones in Edinburgh and 1 last year the 26 miles from Glasgow Green to Loch Lomond.
If you're fit it's possible to do the shorter length ones without too much training. If it's the full ones you could probably do it too but it's not advisable. You'll pay for it in blisters and sair bits the following days.
Make sure you break in any shoes you intend wearing.

A lot depends on your fitness levels, age and how much you put into training. They do give you a training schedule to follow if you are interested.

I walked with my offspring who are taller, 30 years younger and eat up the ground. We did the Glasgow Green to Loch Lomond in 6 hours, pretty much non-stop with one pee stop. I hit a wall, out of the blue, at about 23 miles. Just suddenly felt I couldn't finish it even though id done it twice already in that previous 12 months. They got me through the psychological barrier for about a mile by singing 500 miles with me like 3 dafties. The wall passed and I got a second wind. Think in hindsight it was we set out too quickly. We finished much more quickly than the previous ones.
Reasonably fit and walk.for miles,currently doing a million step challenge for diabetes.
Will Ramos the walking up when the kids go back to school.
Thanks for your help

tricky

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Have done Edinburgh kiltwalk a couple of times and the St Andrews to Dundee one too all 26 miles. Last few miles arenā€™t easy, after first one I lay in a heap after for ages and didnā€™t move the others I kicked a football about and kept moving a bit and was a lot less stiff and sore in following days. The kiltwalks are good fun, we tend to just power through eating and drinking on the move without any breaks. Heel is knackered now so am limited in what I can do but am doing the 100 Streets Challenge for Support in Mind Scotland this year around Edinburgh

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel