• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Eddie May

SuperTortolano

Private Member
Reaction score
After listening to his dour and negativity, matched with the way we played in the last two matches, he'd be gone. I don't want a coach like that around the club managing the young laddies. The guy has a very negative aura about him.

Harsh. Seems he's doing a good job with the laddies?

I've head from folk with connections apparently May is not that well liked by the players in the development squad.

I've head from folk with connections apparently May is not that well liked by the players in the development squad.
So be it. His job is to help produce talented young footballers who have the mental and physical strength to play the first team. I'm sure he is none too bothered if the development squad players like him or not.

Last edited:
He's a dour, torn faced git.

I like him.

He's a dour, torn faced git.

I like him.
He is indeed a dour, torn-faced git but he seldom praises the development squad when he is in the dugout during their games. A case of modelling himself on a certain manager, perhaps?

I've seen very little of him, what I've seen I don't like.

Can’t pick a team.Two very negative team selections.Hope he does not get any more opportunities.

After listening to his dour and negativity, matched with the way we played in the last two matches, he'd be gone. I don't want a coach like that around the club managing the young laddies. The guy has a very negative aura about him.

But he’s doing a role he doesn’t aspire to, and doesn’t want.

Judge him on what he has done in the role he is there for.

But he’s doing a role he doesn’t aspire to, and doesn’t want.

Judge him on what he has done in the role he is there for.

That's my view too - he keeps on telling us he doesn't want the job - he's a fish out of water.

Seems a bit more successful in his real job, and I don't care if anyone likes him.

For a man who is the guardian of our future generation, I'm surprised he played Sean Mackie last night for the whole 90 minutes when the youngester was clearly out his depth and toiling badly. Even when all the subs had been used he still kept Mackie in the same position even although he looked clueless in that position and was having a torrid time.

For a man who is the guardian of our future generation, I'm surprised he played Sean Mackie last night for the whole 90 minutes when the youngester was clearly out his depth and toiling badly. Even when all the subs had been used he still kept Mackie in the same position even although he looked clueless in that position and was having a torrid time.
The laddie is moved around a bit in the development team. Earlier this season, when we played up at Dundee in the lower leagues cup, Mackie was playing right midfield (almost diametrically opposite to his "normal" left full-back position) but when a defender was injured, he reverted to his full-back role, and played well. The development/reserve team were unlucky to lose a goal in the last couple of minutes.

Young players often learn more from the bad games than the good, May knows the lad so must be confident he has the character to grow from the experience.

Young players often learn more from the bad games than the good, May knows the lad so must be confident he has the character to grow from the experience.
Let’s hope so . I’ve only see him play left back for the first team and I was very impressed .
Best crosser since Tortolano .. decent pace .. tallish .. strong and I rate him .

Reactions: Zab
Let’s hope so . I’ve only see him play left back for the first team and I was very impressed .
Best crosser since Tortolano .. decent pace .. tallish .. strong and I rate him .

I do as well, he’s got all the attributes to be an excellent full back.

Whose up next for the slagging off?The kit man?

Whose up next for the slagging off?The kit man?

Funny you should say that.
Tam McCourt is a waste of a wage.
Every week he's seemingly fit enough to get a place on the bench and yet I've never seen him get a game.
What's that all about.

Every week he's seemingly fit enough to get a place on the bench and yet I've never seen him get a game.
What's that all about.

He's neglected the pitch for too long.

Can’t pick a team.Two very negative team selections.Hope he does not get any more opportunities.
Last nights team wasn’t negative. Two strikers and gauld in behind. Players played crap in seconds half. Work rate and desire wasnt there

What's that all about.
Went to see him at a St Pats question and answer session at the Hibs club,put my hand up and asked him what soap powder he would recommend.Got a laugh.

Went to see him at a St Pats question and answer session at the Hibs club,put my hand up and asked him what soap powder he would recommend.Got a laugh.
And it was deserved Moaty me old son [emoji16]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Last nights team wasn’t negative. Two strikers and gauld in behind. Players played crap in seconds half. Work rate and desire wasnt there
For most of the game we played with one striker though. Gauld did hee-haw. I'm wondering if we should have kept Hyndman after all and given him a second chance. The flashes we saw of him have impressed more than what I've seen of Gauld.

When I said team selection was negative I was meaning six defenders and goalie. Also the same players were selected as Lennon would.No imagination at all.We had nothing to lose but they did not want to change anything.Garbage.You can dress it up how you want.

Can't understand the desire to turn the guns on an academy coach who is doing something he has to but is not really wanting to.
I've known Eddie since he was a laddie. The Hibs daft laddie at St Catherine's and then Holyrood HS. Then the daft teen who was so often late for training after sleeping in he bought a flat in Bothwell Street to avoid fines from Miller. His big Doberdug used to walk him. He's a good lad. A Hibs fan, player and now coach. It's interesting folks are worrying about him not being liked by the youth players. One minute we're bemoaning the boy band Hibees production line, the next it's the coach who needs to be nice to them...

The sights shouldn't be set on Eddie. There's a valid queue in front of him. And if he continues to produce proper first team candidates like Porteous and Mackie then he'll have improved the club fortunes.

Last edited:
When I said team selection was negative I was meaning six defenders and goalie. Also the same players were selected as Lennon would.No imagination at all.We had nothing to lose but they did not want to change anything.Garbage.You can dress it up how you want.
I’d say very if not identical set up when we beat them at ER. Mallan sat instead of Milligan.Big difference Is we didnt press their defence.

I’d say very if not identical set up when we beat them at ER. Mallan sat instead of Milligan.Big difference Is we didnt press their defence.
We were missing Horgan too. Horgan and Mallan bossed them at ER. Our midfield was meek last night

I am shocked by the attack’s on Eddie May - he clearly doesn’t like being in the limelight
- he is doing hibs a favour._ good hibby , player and fan - give the man a break

Eddie May is the least of our problems

We were missing Horgan too. Horgan and Mallan bossed them at ER. Our midfield was meek last night
Hence l said we didn’t press. Hence I said gauld played. Hence structure to the team was same and real change was Milligan for Mallan.

I will take a mental note to check everything 100% . FFS didn’t know it was an English exam.

FAO admin please disable by log in. Social media has finally got on my Bristol’s cities .

Hence l said we didn’t press. Hence I said gauld played. Hence structure to the team was same and real change was Milligan for Mallan.

I will take a mental note to check everything 100% . FFS didn’t know it was an English exam.

FAO admin please disable by log in. Social media has finally got on my Bristol’s cities .
What are you on about?

It was a comment that, in my own wee heid, as far as I can remember, the biggest contribution to us beating Celtc last time was the specific contribution of Mallan and Horgan. Neither started on Wednesday.

That is all.

An observation. Not a debate. Not a criticism.

What's that all about.
Is he still there ?

Is he still there ?

Of course.

Probably get a stand named after him.
:sm113:

The Tam McCourt Food Court is under the FF lower.

This thread has been viewed 5556 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back