• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Doris Day

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Another icon has slipped off her mortal coil. Doris was an actress who played to her strengths, always sweet and likeable, never nasty or vindictive. The perennial pretty girl next door, the woman you would happily take home to see your mum she will be remembered best in the Cheesy Romance category of the ironic Pillow Talk with Rock Hudson and with the whip-cracking Tomboy turned stunner in Calamity Jane. She would reach iconic status especially amongst the LGBT+ community with songs like Once I Had A Secret Love.In old age, she made her name for animal welfare and for standing by Rock Hudson in his dying days. She says she wants no funeral nor headstone, nor service which is quite cool really. Anyway Que Sera Sera RIP.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Sad thing is I'll say to my nephew 'I see Doris Day died ' and he'll say 'who?'.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Sad thing is I'll say to my nephew 'I see Doris Day died ' and he'll say 'who?'.
But that is not sad, it's just the way it is for mortal beings like humans. Next gen will have their own legends and so it continues until...

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Must be one of the last icons of Hollywood's golden age to leave us? Enjoyed her performance alongside one of my favourite actors - James Stewart - in Hitchcock's "The Man Who Knew Too Much". RIP

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Aye but Doris Day isn't my generation, she's my mum and dad's.I mean I knew who Greta Garbot was and she was the 30's and 40's.Now if you mention somebody who isn't alive during their lifetime youngsters don't have a clue.

Hibs v St.Johnstone

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel