• Hi there, if you are wanting to register, you will need a registration code. To obtain said code please email hibs@hibeesbounce.com with a brief description of why you want to become part of the bounce. Please also supply us with your IP address Click here if you do not know your IP Thank You. GGTTH

Doris Day

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Another icon has slipped off her mortal coil. Doris was an actress who played to her strengths, always sweet and likeable, never nasty or vindictive. The perennial pretty girl next door, the woman you would happily take home to see your mum she will be remembered best in the Cheesy Romance category of the ironic Pillow Talk with Rock Hudson and with the whip-cracking Tomboy turned stunner in Calamity Jane. She would reach iconic status especially amongst the LGBT+ community with songs like Once I Had A Secret Love.In old age, she made her name for animal welfare and for standing by Rock Hudson in his dying days. She says she wants no funeral nor headstone, nor service which is quite cool really. Anyway Que Sera Sera RIP.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Am I the only one who was surprised to hear this?

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Am I the only one who was surprised to hear this?
No,I checked wiki, to see if it wasn't a hoax, I was almost caught out today by some hoax saying Lena Horne was dead.She died in 2010.

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Sad thing is I'll say to my nephew 'I see Doris Day died ' and he'll say 'who?'.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Sad thing is I'll say to my nephew 'I see Doris Day died ' and he'll say 'who?'.
But that is not sad, it's just the way it is for mortal beings like humans. Next gen will have their own legends and so it continues until...

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Must be one of the last icons of Hollywood's golden age to leave us? Enjoyed her performance alongside one of my favourite actors - James Stewart - in Hitchcock's "The Man Who Knew Too Much". RIP

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Aye but Doris Day isn't my generation, she's my mum and dad's.I mean I knew who Greta Garbot was and she was the 30's and 40's.Now if you mention somebody who isn't alive during their lifetime youngsters don't have a clue.

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£35.00
This donation drive ends in

HIBS V Sheep

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £70 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all?
Goal
£70.00
Earned
£35.00
This donation drive ends in