• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Doidge, vela, James, mallan ffs

dandalf1988

New radge
Reaction score
Almost all players had some bad moments today but mallan was non existent and now he doesn't shoot free kicks and hits his open play shots sky high what does he actually bring?

Vela literally ran around midfield for 45 mins did he touch the ball?

James can't defend and can't attack.

Doidge is the worst thing to happen to scottish football ever. I honestly cannot find a redeeming quality in him. He's slow, although he gets his head to the ball he hasn't a clue where it's going and couldn't score if his life depended on it. Look at the swedes goal today or Boyles on Wednesday and compare with the 4 chances he had in Aberdeen. If he gets another game in a hibs jersey I'll consider asking for a refund on the tickets.

Look at the difference Flo made - at least he is a goal threat - and he'll be back on the bench next week if this fuckin arsehole is still there

Don’t forget Newell who will be getting paid big bucks for doing SFA

Almost all players had some bad moments today but mallan was non existent and now he doesn't shoot free kicks and hits his open play shots sky high what does he actually bring?

Doidge is the worst thing to happen to scottish football ever. I honestly cannot find a redeeming quality in him. He's slow, although he gets his head to the ball he hasn't a clue where it's going and couldn't score if his life depended on it. Look at the swedes goal today or Boyles on Wednesday and compare with the 4 chances he had in Aberdeen. If he gets another game in a hibs jersey I'll consider asking for a refund on the tickets.
When we are not in possession this lot are completely invisible..dont track runs..positionally all over the place..always wrong side of their man.

Doidge looks like he has some aversion to finding space in the box. He is half a yard slow to move and has no composure when he does get a chance. Hopeless is being kind.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mallan is a truly terrible player and isn't good enough to play for Hibs.

Hanlon for nigh on two years has been shocking and is getting an easy time of it

If Hibs are to progress I'd start with these two

Mallan is a truly terrible player and isn't good enough to play for Hibs.

Hanlon for nigh on two years has been shocking and is getting an easy time of it

If Hibs are to progress I'd start with these two
I would look to replace Hanlon he is far too soft.

Get Porteous as captain and tell him to lead the team.

Vela isn’t a holding midfielder. Don’t play him there

Mallan is a central midfielder. Either play him there or don’t play him at all. If you are only playing one centre midfielder play him or Scott Allan.

Vela isn’t a holding midfielder. Don’t play him there

Mallan is a central midfielder. Either play him there or don’t play him at all. If you are only playing one centre midfielder play him or Scott Allan.
Mallon is being hung out to dry playing outside right

Doidge and Vela played a carbon copy of the way they played against Livi.
Vela runs all night looks like he's putting in a shift but all he does is run to the player who has the ball, he doesn't tackle them. It's like a pre match training session where the guy in the middle has to try and get the ball back.
Doidge is rank. Can't win headers, can't hold up play, can't direct headers, can't dribble past players, goes down too easily and above all can't score. He's worse than 2 men short!

And yet doidge will still start ahead of kamberi next week if that wanker is still in charge

And yet doidge will still start ahead of kamberi next week if that wanker is still in charge
Yip unfortunately you're probably right. Honestly Hecky would be better putting the no.9 shirt on a mannequin and sticking in in the oppositions box, at least there's a chance of a cross hitting off it and going in.

Mallan.... Impact player.... Said it before. His defending today was woeful. Track the runner son.
Vela. Waste of space.
James.... A mixed bag.... Ain't Sir David.
Doidge. I struggle with him. Needs a partner. Kamberi was excellent, when he came on.
I still think if we played two up top. Doidge may give something. But probably not a lot of goals. Which is kinda self defeating.
They ain't the best, but we need more from them. Because sadly we are stuck with them. A different approach is required, they have no confidence. And that means a new manager.

Mallan is a good attacking mid. He is being hung out to dry in this side though.

He should be fighting with Scott Allan for that spot and nothing else, he can't do anything else. There is no way to fit them both in the same side without the player who is shifted out of position suffering.

James is an ok full-back. He would probably suit playing with a back three better. Decent squad player.

The other two are a fucking mystery though.

Celtic got crosses in far too easily

James is pish, he could meet the opposing winger on the half way line but by the time he's finished backing off you can guarantee he'll be in our box.
Vela is a complete imposter.
Mallan should never be played out wide, either start with Allan then bring Mallan on in his place or vice versa.
Horgan, it doesn't always work for him but at least he doesn't hide.
Hallberg could be a good signing, especially if we sign a proper dm and free up up to get forward more.

James "defending" for the 3rd goal and also when Forest ran at him early in the second half was fuckin laughable. A bit like Horgan in the first half when frimpong was running at him. Fuckin useless the pair of them

James is pish, he could meet the opposing winger on the half way line but by the time he's finished backing off you can guarantee he'll be in our box.
Vela is a complete imposter.
Mallan should never be played out wide, either start with Allan then bring Mallan on in his place or vice versa.
Horgan, it doesn't always work for him but at least he doesn't hide.
Hallberg could be a good signing, especially if we sign a proper dm and free up up to get forward more.

Great summary, agree with all of that, its how I see it. I had hoped James would improve, but no.

Celtic got crosses in far too easily
Not too familiar with Celtic players but think it was Eduard had acres of space on the wing nobody near. All our defenders were in the middle of the box.
It looked like they were instructed to deal with crosses coming rather than prevent them at source which didn't work cos that led to at least one of their goals.

Not too familiar with Celtic players but think it was Eduard had acres of space on the wing nobody near. All our defenders were in the middle of the box.
It looked like they were instructed to deal with crosses coming rather than prevent them at source which didn't work cos that led to at least one of their goals.

Aye we didn't make it hard for them to play balls in at all

Mallan and Allan in the same team is just dire, midfield is so unbalanced. And need a defensive midfielder.

Mallan and Allan in the same team is just dire, midfield is so unbalanced. And need a defensive midfielder.

Could do with some defensive defenders

Doidge is in the same class as the legendary Dave Bus

He's very close to being one of the worst players I've seen at this level

My summary of the summer signings:

Doidge - not great in the air, not great at holding it up or linking with others, his runs are to hide not into space, finishing is woeful.

Vela - how this guy is professional footballer is beyond me, doesn’t have one redeeming quality.

Newell - see Vela.

James - poor defender, indecisive so backs off far too much and give the attacker all the space he wants. Decent crosser of the ball.

Jackson - terrible defender, immobile and easy beat.

Maxwell - poor shot stopper, nowhere near as good as Marciano.

Naismith - better then James, not a patch on Gray.

Middleton - tries, but doesn’t offer much.

Hallberg - the one proper player signed, clearly still getting up to speed with the physical demands of Scottish football and didn’t have a pre-season, but looks like he will be a good player for us. Think he’s wasted as a holding midfielder?

I think Hallberg is quality

Only good signing

Could do with some defensive defenders
That to, but a defensive midfielder would give them that protection that they clearly need.

I think Vela would struggle to get in a Spartans team in all honesty

You obviously never saw the Kuqi monster play in season 12/13. I use the term play loosely.

Yip unfortunately you're probably right. Honestly Hecky would be better putting the no.9 shirt on a mannequin and sticking in in the oppositions box, at least there's a chance of a cross hitting off it and going in.
???????@the mannequin brilliant

I think Vela would struggle to get in a Spartans team in all honesty
Yeah but to be fair to Vela it's hard to break into a team of 300.⚔⚔???

You obviously never saw the Kuqi monster play in season 12/13. I use the term play loosely.

To be fair to Big Kuqi he was a player in his day

Doidge is even worse than bad Kuqi

With the possible exception of Hallberg, the rest of Heckingbotom's summer signings look to me more like squad/fringe players than first team starters. I seriously wanted them to do well and indeed I thought Doidge in particular would be a key player for us this season when he signed, however it's been so depressing to see how inadequate they have looked in our first team. I was willing to give them all a chance as I never believe pre-season friendlies and League Cup ties in July against second division teams is a fair time to make judgements on any new players especially when they have came from a different country, however here we are in early November and not one of them has so far shown anything like enough to justify the money spent and contracts given out.
If Hecky goes and we get a new manager in, we will take at least a year to purge ourselves from all of this as it is going to be a very expensive business paying off the management team and punting so many of his players who have proved to be not anywhere near good enough to play for Hibernian.

Last edited:
With the possible exception of Hallberg, the rest of Heckingbotom's summer signings look to me more like squad players than first team starters. I seriously wanted them to do well and indeed I thought Doidge in particular would be a key player for us this season when he signed, however it's been so depressing to see how inadequate they have looked in our first team. I was willing to give them all a chance as I never believe pre-season friendlies and League Cup ties in July against second division teams is a fair time to make judgements on any new players especially when they have came from a different country, however here we are in early November and not one of them has so far shown anything like enough to justify the money spent and contracts given out.
If Hecky goes and we get a new manager in, we will take at least a year to purge ourselves from all of this as it is going to be a very expensive business paying off the management team and punting so many of his players who have proved to be not anywhere near good enough to play for Hibernian.
Yeah, this is arguably the most depressing thing at the moment. I'm sure Heckingbottom will get punted eventually, so agony of putting up with him is necessarily short-lived.

But now we've got a squad full of dross who we can't just sack. I mean, for instance, who's going to buy a striker who doesn't score any goals? A midfielder who's mediocre going forward and anonymous defending?

It's a shan spot to be in. We have done a lot of damage with this failed appointment, make no mistake.

Yeah, this is arguably the most depressing thing at the moment. I'm sure Heckingbottom will get punted eventually, so agony of putting up with him is necessarily short-lived.

But now we've got a squad full of dross who we can't just sack. I mean, for instance, who's going to buy a striker who doesn't score any goals? A midfielder who's mediocre going forward and anonymous defending?

It's a shan spot to be in. We have done a lot of damage with this failed appointment, make no mistake.

Unless a new manager sees something we have yet to, I'd have thought the best hope is to loan them back to League 1/2 clubs with an option to buy and re-coup some of the outlay.

Like you say though, its a shite state of affairs and big waste of dosh whichever way you cut it.

1573429070832.png

To be fair, up until Saturday most folks thought this.

To be fair, up until Saturday most folks thought this.

Indeed. Hopefully this will be him on a run where he can prove us doubters wrong. I was surprised to learn last week that the club absolutely believe he will come good and that he was a player Neil Lennon wanted to bring to the club.

Indeed. Hopefully this will be him on a run where he can prove us doubters wrong. I was surprised to learn last week that the club absolutely believe he will come good and that he was a player Neil Lennon wanted to bring to the club.

Mind you, the club absolutely believed that Hecky was the right appointment too.

I'm happy that my initial thoughts that Doidge was a bit of a donkey are perhaps wide of the mark, and I hope that it turns out that Josh Vela isn't an empty jersey after all.

Here’s hoping, we certainly got more out of him with Kamberi and Allan supplying him chances than we have with hopeful punts and crosses (that Hecky preferred).

I wasn’t really surprised to hear that he’s been a long term target - Hibs don’t spend money on many players, so I’d expect the ones we do to be fairly well researched.

Under new management I wouldnt be surprised if Vela comes good an aw.

Bolton fans loved him but under Hecky no one had a clue what his best position was and he looked a lost laddie.

This thread has been viewed 7236 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back