Doidge, vela, James, mallan ffs

bigmanandy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Mallan and Allan in the same team is just dire, midfield is so unbalanced. And need a defensive midfielder.

Duns_Hibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
This team is so unbalanced and set up so badly it's scary. It's negative, narrow, stifling football yet we still leak goals. Other players are equally culpable but I firmly believe the manager's rigid approach is killing them. Dempster, if you still have any decision-making authority under the new owner, wake up and make a bloody change.

cleanyman

Bounce Radge
Doidge is in the same class as the legendary Dave Bus

He's very close to being one of the worst players I've seen at this level

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
My summary of the summer signings:

Doidge - not great in the air, not great at holding it up or linking with others, his runs are to hide not into space, finishing is woeful.

Vela - how this guy is professional footballer is beyond me, doesn’t have one redeeming quality.

Newell - see Vela.

James - poor defender, indecisive so backs off far too much and give the attacker all the space he wants. Decent crosser of the ball.

Jackson - terrible defender, immobile and easy beat.

Maxwell - poor shot stopper, nowhere near as good as Marciano.

Naismith - better then James, not a patch on Gray.

Middleton - tries, but doesn’t offer much.

Hallberg - the one proper player signed, clearly still getting up to speed with the physical demands of Scottish football and didn’t have a pre-season, but looks like he will be a good player for us. Think he’s wasted as a holding midfielder?

bigmanandy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge

I think Vela would struggle to get in a Spartans team in all honesty

MSG_07

Bounce Radge

You obviously never saw the Kuqi monster play in season 12/13. I use the term play loosely.

happyhillockhibee

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Yip unfortunately you're probably right. Honestly Hecky would be better putting the no.9 shirt on a mannequin and sticking in in the oppositions box, at least there's a chance of a cross hitting off it and going in.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂@the mannequin brilliant

cleanyman

Bounce Radge
You obviously never saw the Kuqi monster play in season 12/13. I use the term play loosely.
To be fair to Big Kuqi he was a player in his day

Doidge is even worse than bad Kuqi

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
With the possible exception of Hallberg, the rest of Heckingbotom's summer signings look to me more like squad/fringe players than first team starters. I seriously wanted them to do well and indeed I thought Doidge in particular would be a key player for us this season when he signed, however it's been so depressing to see how inadequate they have looked in our first team. I was willing to give them all a chance as I never believe pre-season friendlies and League Cup ties in July against second division teams is a fair time to make judgements on any new players especially when they have came from a different country, however here we are in early November and not one of them has so far shown anything like enough to justify the money spent and contracts given out.
If Hecky goes and we get a new manager in, we will take at least a year to purge ourselves from all of this as it is going to be a very expensive business paying off the management team and punting so many of his players who have proved to be not anywhere near good enough to play for Hibernian.

Last edited:

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
With the possible exception of Hallberg, the rest of Heckingbotom's summer signings look to me more like squad players than first team starters. I seriously wanted them to do well and indeed I thought Doidge in particular would be a key player for us this season when he signed, however it's been so depressing to see how inadequate they have looked in our first team. I was willing to give them all a chance as I never believe pre-season friendlies and League Cup ties in July against second division teams is a fair time to make judgements on any new players especially when they have came from a different country, however here we are in early November and not one of them has so far shown anything like enough to justify the money spent and contracts given out.
If Hecky goes and we get a new manager in, we will take at least a year to purge ourselves from all of this as it is going to be a very expensive business paying off the management team and punting so many of his players who have proved to be not anywhere near good enough to play for Hibernian.
Yeah, this is arguably the most depressing thing at the moment. I'm sure Heckingbottom will get punted eventually, so agony of putting up with him is necessarily short-lived.

But now we've got a squad full of dross who we can't just sack. I mean, for instance, who's going to buy a striker who doesn't score any goals? A midfielder who's mediocre going forward and anonymous defending?

It's a shan spot to be in. We have done a lot of damage with this failed appointment, make no mistake.

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Yeah, this is arguably the most depressing thing at the moment. I'm sure Heckingbottom will get punted eventually, so agony of putting up with him is necessarily short-lived.

But now we've got a squad full of dross who we can't just sack. I mean, for instance, who's going to buy a striker who doesn't score any goals? A midfielder who's mediocre going forward and anonymous defending?

It's a shan spot to be in. We have done a lot of damage with this failed appointment, make no mistake.
Unless a new manager sees something we have yet to, I'd have thought the best hope is to loan them back to League 1/2 clubs with an option to buy and re-coup some of the outlay.

Like you say though, its a shite state of affairs and big waste of dosh whichever way you cut it.

Bossie

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Doidge is the worst thing to happen to scottish football ever. I honestly cannot find a redeeming quality in him. He's slow, although he gets his head to the ball he hasn't a clue where it's going and couldn't score if his life depended on it. Look at the swedes goal today or Boyles on Wednesday and compare with the 4 chances he had in Aberdeen. If he gets another game in a hibs jersey I'll consider asking for a refund on the tickets.
1573429070832.png

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
To be fair, up until Saturday most folks thought this.
Indeed. Hopefully this will be him on a run where he can prove us doubters wrong. I was surprised to learn last week that the club absolutely believe he will come good and that he was a player Neil Lennon wanted to bring to the club.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Indeed. Hopefully this will be him on a run where he can prove us doubters wrong. I was surprised to learn last week that the club absolutely believe he will come good and that he was a player Neil Lennon wanted to bring to the club.
Mind you, the club absolutely believed that Hecky was the right appointment too.

I'm happy that my initial thoughts that Doidge was a bit of a donkey are perhaps wide of the mark, and I hope that it turns out that Josh Vela isn't an empty jersey after all.

HibeeZab

Rock n' Roll Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
Here’s hoping, we certainly got more out of him with Kamberi and Allan supplying him chances than we have with hopeful punts and crosses (that Hecky preferred).

I wasn’t really surprised to hear that he’s been a long term target - Hibs don’t spend money on many players, so I’d expect the ones we do to be fairly well researched.

Hibs v Motherwell