• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Do Face Masks Actually Work Against Corona??

MSG_07

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
According to WHO unless you have existing conditions like a cough there is no point in wearing a mask out in public. There are arguments against that claim covering your mouth, nose and eyes is effective?

Are you wearing a mask and rubber gloves when you have to go out? Starting to see more of this when I'm out and about. Maybe there's an expert on here that can advise!

They aren't foolproof, thats for sure. However they are useful if someone coughs or sneezes as they will trap most of the bacteria/other goo in it. But no one knows exactly how the virus moves about and so it can possibly get in via your eyes. Besides that most masks are one use things so will deteriorate in effectiveness. But their better than nothing. If they were totally effective we would not be seeing 14% of hospital staff in Italy contract the virus

I see alot of people wearing them now and think do you wear them during our normal flu season? The thing is these masks may stop something from getting in but a virus can also enter through your eyes....

I see alot of people wearing them now and think do you wear them during our normal flu season? The thing is these masks may stop something from getting in but a virus can also enter through your eyes....

Wear them at work as doing care in community..but it is more in case I cough or sneeze around clients. However I decided to wear one I tesco yesterday..didnt see anyone else wearing them. Interestingly most people were staying a little apart from each other ut every time they passed me they took a wide berth as if I had the plague ?

Well that's the Rig Takeway closed now, things must be bad! They stayed open a couple of days, delivery only. Hope they all ok, no way they could social distancing in there.
Be prepared to queue outside supermarkets. I had to wait about 10 minutes.

Could this be the end finally, for Capitalism? I hope so...…..

How many Bouncers applauded NHS Workers at 8pm last night? I did ootside the windae

Last edited:
Wear them at work as doing care in community..but it is more in case I cough or sneeze around clients. However I decided to wear one I tesco yesterday..didnt see anyone else wearing them. Interestingly most people were staying a little apart from each other ut every time they passed me they took a wide berth as if I had the plague ?
Yeah I understand if its preventative to a degree around clients or hospital staff etc, I think though if your going to get it at some point in the long run then I'd rather just get it over and done with, yeah I think I'm riddled or something with the amount of folks dodging around me in the streets/shops, if only folks where that careful with every other virus haha

20200328_151413.jpg

Obviously wearing a mask reduces the odds of either you passing on the virus if you have it or catching it if you don’t have it. The thing is there is a current strain on supplies so really you should be saving any masks you have for the time when you really need it. So if you are going out for a walk you don’t need a mask as you should be avoiding being close enough to others to catch / spread it.

I've seen a figure that 80% will get the virus.

I've also seen that those with mild exposure normally get a milder form of the illness.

Also its still being suggested that to catch it you'd need to be in an infected person's presence for 15 minutes.

It would make sense then to have our medics, carers and others who are in close contact to be as well defended as they can be to lessen the impact on the individual. Proper masks being part of that.

I'm less convinced about their usefulness for the rest of us. Well the pishy ones most folk are wearing never mind you're likely to pick it up from a surface. Although every little helps I suppose.

IMG-20200328-WA0002.jpg

I've seen a figure that 80% will get the virus.

I've also seen that those with mild exposure normally get a milder form of the illness.

Also its still being suggested that to catch it you'd need to be in an infected person's presence for 15 minutes.

It would make sense then to have our medics, carers and others who are in close contact to be as well defended as they can be to lessen the impact on the individual. Proper masks being part of that.

I'm less convinced about their usefulness for the rest of us. Well the pishy ones most folk are wearing never mind you're likely to pick it up from a surface. Although every little helps I suppose.
I'm sure I saw something the South Koreans studied and they had said it can remain in the air for up to 30mins apparently the 2 metre thing is pish aswell, even if we get past this time fine is normal life just going to resume but no virus, just cant see it, it's something that will remain where big groups congregate like football etc, also interesting some citys are apparently disinfecting from the air is the word going around.

Last edited:
I'm sure I saw something the Sourlth Koreans studied and they had said it can remain in the air for up to 30mins apparently the 2 metre thing is pish aswell, even if we get past this time fine is normal life just going to resume but no virus, just cant see it, it's something that will remain where big groups congregate like football etc, also interesting some citys are apparently disinfecting from the air is the word going around.
Saw something on the TV a while back giving you a scenario where when someone sneezes on a bus the germs spreading from the back of the bus to the front which is obviously more than 2 metres. They're telling people to sit a seat apart on public transport if they have to use it which doesn't make sense.

The numpties I've seen (in person and via online videos etc) wearing a mask over their mouth, but pulled down so's not to cover their nose obviously haven't quite grasped the human respiratory system ?

Viola....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200328-230235.png
    Screenshot_20200328-230235.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
The virus clearly isn't going to be gone in a couple of weeks so maybe it's going to take a massive ramp up in production of proper PPE masks to get us back to some kind of normality. Compulsory wearing of masks (including eye protection) and rubber gloves whenever you leave the house.

Well that's the Rig Takeway closed now, things must be bad! They stayed open a couple of days, delivery only. Hope they all ok, no way they could social distancing in there.
Be prepared to queue outside supermarkets. I had to wait about 10 minutes.

Could this be the end finally, for Capitalism? I hope so...…..

How many Bouncers applauded NHS Workers at 8pm last night? I did ootside the windae

My local takeaway

Is your local from the pub thread the BS then?

Couple of doctors on the TV yesterday said masks are no protection against the virus.

This thread has been viewed 1750 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back