Dion Charles

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I doubt he would have been King of the Road? I thought the signings of JDH, Scott, Mitchell, Wood, Tait and keeping Boyler, Nissy, Porto and Josh were excellent.

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I doubt he would have been King of the Road? I thought the signings of JDH, Scott, Mitchell, Wood, Tait and keeping Boyler, Nissy, Porto and Josh were excellent.

Agreed, but Ross wasn’t happy we didn’t have more faces, we knew about the McGrath shambles and now this.

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a shambles, it was a late punt. In no way was it ever a shambles.

Of course it was a shambles, Hibs didn’t submit the paperwork in time, his deal in England had fell through giving us enough time to sort the deal.

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
You know that how? We had an hour from what I understand?

It was confirmed in various reports, did you watch the transfer video? Ross looked far from happy that these deals weren’t done.

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
It was confirmed in various reports, did you watch the transfer video? Ross looked far from happy that these deals weren’t done.

So because 'various' press reports said its so, its so. I will stick with the fact we came in too late to do the deal as McGrath was supposed to be heading south and it fell through late in the day. It is not shambles, that sounds like something the Scum or Daily Rangers would report.

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
So because 'various' press reports said its so, its so. I will stick with the fact we came in too late to do the deal as McGrath was supposed to be heading south and it fell through late in the day. It is not shambles, that sounds like something the Scum or Daily Rangers would report.

The report confirmed the SFA said the paperwork wasn’t submitted in time so I can understand Ross’s frustrations.

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
So Dion is valued at 1.5m and we fell short of that.
I'd probably shit myself if Hibs pulled off a 1.5m signing tbh.

Yet we were wanting 5 million for Nisbet.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Yet we were wanting 5 million for Nisbet.

And? Nisbet has a better scoring record in a better league so why wouldn't we want that for him. That doesn't mean we should be splashing out one and a half mill for a player who, on paper, doesn't look anywhere near that valuation.

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Should we have asked for less then?
How much less?

My point is we shouldn’t moan when other clubs have valuations on their players when we have ours.

Last edited:

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I get your drift.
Hibs as a club don't moan about valuations, we either negotiate to a successful conclusion for all parties, or we end the deal.
I'm delighted with that.
As a seller, pay up or fuck off.
As a buyer, sorry that's too much for us.

The only ones that consistently moan as far as I can see are the few Hibs fans who say 'we should have paid them what they wanted' rather than what we value the player at.

And thankfully the vast majority of them inhabit Facebook rather than the Bounce.

If Hibs followed that advice.......we'd be Gunts.
Overpaying for mediocrity.
Pretty sure some club 'offered' to take Nisbet if we dropped a couple of million from the asking price.

:gigglle:

Wonder why we never jumped at that bargain.

AG1337

Private Member
Reaction score
Why let the facts get in the way of a good story?

Hibs do my tits in, they never get it right!
I blame Paul Hanlon

For everything

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
IMO it was a poor transfer window. We didn't get the first team players we wanted and in my view Ross was let down by his recruitment team, however i'm not going to get into a debate about it again....it's history now.

Where we finish in the league this season will be the ultimate determining factor in how good or bad our recruitment has been.

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I get your drift.
Hibs as a club don't moan about valuations, we either negotiate to a successful conclusion for all parties, or we end the deal.
I'm delighted with that.
As a seller, pay up or fuck off.
As a buyer, sorry that's too much for us.

The only ones that consistently moan as far as I can see are the few Hibs fans who say 'we should have paid them what they wanted' rather than what we value the player at.

And thankfully the vast majority of them inhabit Facebook rather than the Bounce.

If Hibs followed that advice.....we'd be Gunts.
Overpaying for mediocrity.
Pretty sure some club 'offered' to take Nisbet if we dropped a couple of million from the asking price.

:gigglle:

Wonder why we never jumped at that bargain.

I am talking about certain fans not the club.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 4044 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00