• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Digital Ad Boards At Easter Road

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Surely it'd be a good investment for the club to install digital advertising permanently around Easter Road to increase revenue? I know for the televised games we normally have digital displays in front of the East. What about installing these in the North, East and South stands on a permanent basis? It would give Easter Road a more modern look and surely make things easier in the cup competitions where boards don't need to be replaced! Just a thought.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Surely it'd be a good investment for the club to install digital advertising permanently around Easter Road to increase revenue? I know for the televised games we normally have digital displays in front of the East. What about installing these in the North, East and South stands on a permanent basis? It would give Easter Road a more modern look and surely make things easier in the cup competitions where boards don't need to be replaced! Just a thought.
We had them in front of east a few seasons back. Not sure why they got binned but I imagine they must not have been paying their way

Green juventine

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I know they bring in extra revenue for the club which is a great thing.
I haven't experienced them in the flesh but I hate watching a game on tv with them especially when they flash and keep changing. That one with the wee sausage dog that runs along I find very distracting and I sometimes loose sight of the ball.
Suppose it's not as bad when you're in the stadium ,personally though I could do without them but money talks and if other teams rake in money through them well why not us.
Only stipulation would be to keep them motionless cause it probably distracts players when they're trying to pass wide.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I think they are just hired.
Possibly mega expensive to fit permanently.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
I'd guess we can't pick up the volume of advertising to justify their presence, or we already have commercial deals in place for the permanent boards. I'd guess the new owners will fix this.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Bounce Radge
They are a pain in the arse!
The amount of times I've been distracted by a bloody running dog!
Mind you, it could be something to watch while the VAR decides who has done what.

EastMeetsWest

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Gray Boot Sponsor
It's an outside company that puts them in. They were starting to build up a good regular stream of advertisers until the season we went down. After that a lot of advertisers started pulling out with 3 of the top clubs (for size of ground) in a lower league the attraction and revenue wasn't their to sustain it across the board. Sure it's still going though, definitely seen one of their Van's somewhere.

Was on track for a job with them then it got pulled. Was a rather pish summer was that one.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
I noticed the gunts had them in their game against Ross County. If they have them then we should have them too. It's obviously making them money or they wouldn't do it. In a 2 team city you simply must keep up with the Jones's.

On that matter I hear all about the gunts up and coming games on local radio constantly. Never a peep about Hibs. That is just silly. Hibs should be shouting from the rooftops about our business also.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Smurf

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I think they are just hired.
Possibly mega expensive to fit permanently.
This. Having worked in digital outdoor the costs are such that it would take huge advertising revenues that Scottish football can't generate to justify such an investment.

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
In response to some of the replies above... Yes we still use these digital boards for big games. I remember the one with dug and yes it was distracting however they aren't all like that! I think it could be a good investment, as Beefy pointed out the tramps across the city are using them so why shouldn't we! If it means we have more money for players I'm for this.

Hibs v Gunts

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel