• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Development Team match v Celtic

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
As I am off work today I was going to go along to East Mains to see this scheduled Development Team match against Celtic. Yesterday it said on the clubs Twitter site that the game was originally planned for Forresters park, Tranent but was probably going to be moved to East mains as the pitch at Forresters was waterlogged. There was going to be more news to follow. Since then nothing. Can anyone confirm if this game is indeed going ahead at East Mains this afternoon and what the KO time is ? Don't want to trail away out there only to find the game is off or has been moved again.

Any reason they’ve stopped using the Oriam? Was handy for me to nip along. Using Forresters seems strange.

As I am off work today I was going to go along to East Mains to see this scheduled Development Team match against Celtic. Yesterday it said on the clubs Twitter site that the game was originally planned for Forresters park, Tranent but was probably going to be moved to East mains as the pitch at Forresters was waterlogged. There was going to be more news to follow. Since then nothing. Can anyone confirm if this game is indeed going ahead at East Mains this afternoon and what the KO time is ? Don't want to trail away out there only to find the game is off or has been moved again.
Confirmed for HTC at 1.45

Confirmed for HTC at 1.45
Thanks

IMG_20191105_133245.jpg

is the trialist the irish guy ??

Not long back...Hibs won 1-0 with a headed goal scored by big Kosovo Sadiki from a corner.
Really good competitive game...3 bookings..not much between the sides but I thought Hibs overall deserved to win. Excellent second half performance in particular from the team. These sort of games against top teams will definately benefit our young players better in their development than running up 5 and 6 goal hammerings against poor opposition in the Reserve League.

Some really good players coming through IMO. Hope they get a proper chance in the first team under the new manager.
Fraser Murray and Oli Shaw both withdrawn at half-time. Really impressed with Ben Stirling, Josh Doig, Innes Murray, Josh Campbell and Jamie Gullan who is out on loan to Raith Rovers just now but IMO has to be pushing for first team slot soon. The trialist was Michael O'Connor. Looked ok nothing special though...won a lot in the air and looks a strong lad. Celtic goalkeeper had some good saves notably from a Jamie Gullan free-kick in the second half. Celtic missed a couple of decent chances in the first half. Some really good young players on both sides.

Seen Scott Allan, John Collins and Paul Hanlon at the game.

Last edited:
is the trialist the irish guy ??
Yep.
As I say he Looked ok. Won a lot in the air.
Wouldn't say he was anything special though.

Not long back...Hibs won 1-0 with a headed goal scored by big Kosovo Sadiki from a corner.
Really good competitive game...3 bookings..not much between the sides but I thought Hibs overall deserved to win. Excellent second half performance in particular from the team. These sort of games against top teams will definately benefit our young players better in their development the running up 5 and 6 goal hammerings against poor opposition in the Reserve League.

Some really good players coming through IMO. Hope hey get a proper chance in the first team under the new manager.
Fraser Murray and Oli Shaw both withdrawn at half-time. Really impressed with Ben Stirling, Josh Doig, Innes Murray, Josh Campbell and Jamie Gullan who is out on loan to Raith Rovers just now but IMO has to be pushing for first team slot soon. The trialist was Michael O'Connor. Looked ok nothing special though...won a lot in the air and looks a strong lad. Celtic goalkeeper had some good saves notably from a Jamie Gullan free-kick in the second half. Celtic missed a couple of decent chances in the first half. Some really good young players on both sides.

Seen Scott Allan, John Collins and Paul Hanlon at the game.

Was talking to a Raith fan at work yesterday who said he was murder

Was talking to a Raith fan at work yesterday who said he was murder
Well he certainly looked the part in this game..and in others I have seen.
Maybe he is just going to struggle with the step up to first team football which admittedly is huge.

Well he certainly looked the part in this game..and in others I have seen.
Maybe he is just going to struggle with the step up to first team football which admittedly is huge.

To be honest yours is the opinion i take most from anyway

Yep I've been really impressed by Gullan any time I've seen him. Raith had him last year and wanted him back so he can't have been that bad!

How did Sadiki play @Greenmachine? Certainly hasthe physical stature but looks a bit raw when I've seen him before.

Yep I've been really impressed by Gullan any time I've seen him. Raith had him last year and wanted him back so he can't have been that bad!

How did Sadiki play @Greenmachine? Certainly hasthe physical stature but looks a bit raw when I've seen him before.
He potentially has all the attributes to be a good, solid central defender..he is a huge guy and has an imposing presence about him. He is aggressive in the tackle and decent in the air. He doesn't look the quickest though and also I never think he looks too comfortable with the ball at his feet. I think there is something there to work on, but i'm not at all sure he is ready yet to be considered for a first team squad place.
He had a decent game today, and I thought the whole Hibs defence coped well against a good team. I was really impressed with Josh Doig who looks very assured, reads the game well, and is a good passer of the ball for a central defender.

This thread has been viewed 1357 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back