Derek Hatton rejoins Labour Party... (1 Viewer)

jock3

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Great news welcome back Deeks, 71 now, after over 30 years expulsion. Ha ha Neil Kinnock. George Galloway next please....

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Must admit I never could stand Deggsy.
Him and his tinfoil suits.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Reactions: 1875

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
  • Angry
Reactions: 1875

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Hatton has been suspended from the party already over Tweets that are being investigated

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
Hatton has been suspended from the party already over Tweets that are being investigated
A tweet from 2012 criticizing the Israeli government? Just what do they think will be achieved with this circus?

jock3

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
The Blairites will use any excuse. Let's face it, the Israeli regime already get away with murder....

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
He wasn't suspended for criticising the Israeli government. Unwittingly or not, a defence of this is a defence of antisemitism.

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Hatton, the "broadcaster, property developer, businessman and after-dinner speaker" is an arse, and always has been. Just because he was once working-class doesn't place him beyond reproach, although it would appear that fact does absolve anything in some folk's eyes.

Reactions: FTJT and Jack

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
He wasn't suspended for criticising the Israeli government. Unwittingly or not, a defence of this is a defence of antisemitism.
Utter rubbish.

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
I put up a reply to P and G on this matter that seems to have disappeared. In essence saying that 2012 tweet was re
tweeted by Corbyn hating Blairite Labour MP Ian Austin, I predicted he would be the next careerest traitor to fuck off. Wish I had put dough on this. He resigned today.Ta ta with you and your 22 majority at the last election. There are loads of these right wing Labour carpetbaggers in my party. As to Hatton....his tweet said......
"Jewish people with any sense of humanity need to start speaking out publicly against the ruthless murdering being carried out by Israel." I personally do not find that unreasonble.
With over 50 years in the Labour and Trade Union Movement I have met dozens of Jewish friends no doubt as Hatton has, who have opposed actively the action of the State of Israel's treatment of Palestinians. More so ones who have visited and experienced over decades.
Attacking Hatton for having silvery suits or what he does now is crass nonsense.

BiG G

Last edited:

jock3

Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
goodbye to all Blairites thanks, working class traitors just make sure you have a by-election before you go!

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score

Closer to what Rank and File members of the Labour Party believe, than many on the Bounce, Sun, Express, Daily Mail, Telegraph et al. Dialectics will prove them all wrong and I will be the first to come back and remind some.

BIG G

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
As to Hatton....his tweet said......
"Jewish people with any sense of humanity need to start speaking out publicly against the ruthless murdering being carried out by Israel." I personally do not find that unreasonble.
With over 50 years in the Labour and Trade Union Movement I have met dozens of Jewish friends no doubt as Hatton has, who have opposed actively the action of the State of Israel's treatment of Palestinians. More so ones who have visited and experienced over decades.
Attacking Hatton for having silvery suits or what he does now is crass nonsense.

BiG G
You think it's okay to hold Jews collectively responsible for the actions of Israel? That's antisemitic and it is defined as such in the Labour Party's own code of conduct which is why Hatton was suspended.

Reactions: FTJT

O'Driscoll

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
In my opinion Derek is welcome back in the Labour party, just look at what is happening to local authorities nowadays with the austerity agenda and year on year cuts, if more councils showed the courage and commitment to their people that Liverpool city council did in the 80's we'd be a lot better off for it.

Gareth

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
You think it's okay to hold Jews collectively responsible for the actions of Israel? That's antisemitic and it is defined as such in the Labour Party's own code of conduct which is why Hatton was suspended.
I'm actually sympathetic with your view on this, though it would carry a bit more weight if the people arguing it had been equally vociferous about all muslims being told that they have to be stronger in their condemnation of islamic terrorism

Reactions: FTJT

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I'm actually sympathetic with your view on this, though it would carry a bit more weight if the people arguing it had been equally vociferous about all muslims being told that they have to be stronger in their condemnation of islamic terrorism
Yes. Although quite a lot of people have done that. Me, for one, although I am admittedly not influential.

The left are quite welcome to go, "yeah, there might be some issues with racism in Labour but the tories are awful too" but that isn't a movement I personally would want anything to do with.

Obviously some of Labour's antisemitism issue has been weaponised by opponents and no doubt exaggerated. In what political world would that not happen? But that doesn't mean it's not there and unfortunately and as I say probably inadvertently, this thread goes some way towards showing that.

Gareth

Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Yes. Although quite a lot of people have done that. Me, for one, although I am admittedly not influential.
The point I'm making is that those doing so have not repeatedly been called racists. Indeed the very media and politicians deliberately obscuring the difference between anti-Israel and anti-Semitism are often the ones attacking Muslims for not marching against terrorism.

The left are quite welcome to go, "yeah, there might be some issues with racism in Labour but the tories are awful too" but that isn't a movement I personally would want anything to do with.
I think there is a complete lack of balance in the attention given to this and I think it is political. Christ one of the breakaway MPs uses terms about funny tinged people and after 12 hours its put down to her being tired. The Goldsmith campaign has never been condemned by the Tory Party and the media pretty much schtoom about it. The suspension of racist Tory Councillors then let back into the party and not a dicky bird. If you can't see an issue here I don't think you're looking hard enough.

Obviously some of Labour's antisemitism issue has been weaponised by opponents and no doubt exaggerated. In what political world would that not happen? But that doesn't mean it's not there and unfortunately and as I say probably inadvertently, this thread goes some way towards showing that.
Its not that they are being weaponized by opponents but that they are taken as fact when those opponents mention them that I have a problem with. And the lack of Jewish voices on the other side is equally problematic. Jewish Voice for Labour get very little attention for example, but the conservative Jewish groups are taken as speaking for all Jews.

Hibs v Motherwell

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel