• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Derby victories relative to wins against the OF over the past 4 decades

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
A good Hibby mate and I were debating the above a couple of nights ago, and we were both somewhat surprised to realise that, since the 1979-80 season, we have achieved the following:
- 30 victories over 'Rangers' (much as I robustly refuse to accept that the foul entity currently plying its trade at the Bigotry Borstal is the same rodents' turd of a football club as that which died in 2012, for the purpose of this exercise I am treating them as such) consisting of 15 wins in Leith, 12 at The Lodge and three at the neutral venue of Spamden;
- 29 victories over hertz, consisting of 21 in Leith and eight in Gomorrahgie; and
- only 21 victories over the lesser greens, consisting of 16 wins in Leith and only five at Parkheed.

What this demonstrates is that:
1) Our record against the huns (both clubs) is probably second only to Celtic over this time scale. Which is very, very impressive;
2) Our derby record is very disappointing; albeit it has certainly improved markedly in recent times; and
3) Our record against Celtic is woeful. I would imagine that hertz and Aberdeen have fared better against them than us over the same period.

Interestingly, following the George Best-inspired 2-1 home win v the huns on Saturday, 22 December 1979, we did not win again against either hertz or Rangers until Saturday, 12 January 1985. But in the interim we beat Celtic twice at home during the 1981-82 season.

Here are the highlights of each of the three matches alluded to in the preceding paragraph:
-

-

-

lespenny

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
A good Hibby mate and I were debating the above a couple of nights ago, and we were both somewhat surprised to realise that, since the 1979-80 season, we have achieved the following:
- 30 victories over 'Rangers' (much as I robustly refuse to accept that the foul entity currently plying its trade at the Bigotry Borstal is the same rodents' turd of a football club as that which died in 2012, for the purpose of this exercise I am treating them as such) consisting of 15 wins in Leith, 12 at The Lodge and three at the neutral venue of Spamden;
- 29 victories over hertz, consisting of 21 in Leith and eight in Gomorrahgie; and
- only 21 victories over the lesser greens, consisting of 16 wins in Leith and only five at Parkheed.

What this demonstrates is that:
1) Our record against the huns (both clubs) is probably second only to Celtic over this time scale. Which is very, very impressive;
2) Our derby record is very disappointing; albeit it has certainly improved markedly in recent times; and
3) Our record against Celtic is woeful. I would imagine that hertz and Aberdeen have fared better against them than us over the same period.

Interestingly, following the George Best-inspired 2-1 home win v the huns on Saturday, 22 December 1979, we did not win again against either hertz or Rangers until Saturday, 12 January 1985. But in the interim we beat Celtic twice at home during the 1981-82 season.

Here are the highlights of each of the three matches alluded to in the preceding paragraph:
-

-

-

What a performance from Roughie and not too shabby from McArthur either.

Plasticman

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
The sheep have beaten the huns 55 times since 75/76 ... loads more times than us.

Jack

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
How many games have we played against that lot ... and we might as well do draws as well ... and points lol

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
How many games have we played against that lot ... and we might as well do draws as well ... and points lol
Cannae be ersed to work it out. However, with regard to the point about Aberdeen, I would venture that the overwhelming majority of their victories over the dead club from 1980 onwards occurred during that decade. Certainly, until this season, they didn't enjoy that much success against in recent times.

Power

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I reckon I’ve seen more wins against Rangers in the last decade (even just away from home) than fans of other teams have in their lifetime.

We’ve got their number, especially since 2012.

SKII

Administrator
Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
I reckon I’ve seen more wins against Rangers in the last decade (even just away from home) than fans of other teams have in their lifetime.

Call
666 1690

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce

We've won there in:

Over the same period, hertz have won there once (in 2012). Their previous victory there was in 2004. Before that, 1996. Before that, 1988. Before that, 1985. Before that, 1975. So Christ knows how long it has taken them to win there eight times! Something we managed in only 13 years!

I mean, have Celtic beaten them eight times at Ibrox in a 13 year period? Ever?

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Sorry, hertz also beat them there in 2014. Forgot about that. Even so, 7 wins there from 1975 onwards for them. Also, I'm sure they won 3-0 there in the early 70s. So, in all likelihood, they took around 40 years to record eight wins there.

Power

Bounce Flag Co-Owner
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
We've won there in:

Over the same period, hertz have won there once (in 2012). Their previous victory there was in 2004. Before that, 1996. Before that, 1988. Before that, 1985. Before that, 1975. So Christ knows how long it has taken them to win there eight times! Something we managed in only 13 years!

I mean, have Celtic beaten them eight times at Ibrox in a 13 year period? Ever?
2019 incoming.

Seven Tattoos

Timothy Claypole Radge
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
2019 incoming.
That would be fantastic. We are the only team the Scouse thug hasn't managed a victory over thus far. It would be tickety-bloody-boo to go there and come away wi the three points.

It would also be fannytastic to listen to his churlish, nasal whine in that accent which would strip the shite off the porcelain in a Swynecastle cubicle after we win there.

No doubt the deluded muppet would claim that the authorities are all ganging up on poor wee Rain-Jurrz. Gusset-nuzzling bawbag of a man.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors