• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Delferriere

Greenmachine

Private Member
Reaction score
Season long loan to FC Edinburgh...can still play in the Development team and Hibs have the option to recall him in January. Wouldn't surprise me if this happens to be honest.
Not going to bang on about this again, said what I thought in another thread, I will go with the coaching staff on this one as they have far better knowledge than me about this sort of thing. I think he is a very good player who would not be out of place in the current first team. Hopefully if things go well he will come back an even better player for Hibs.

Might nip up to Meadowbank a few times this season to see him and the other Hibs loanees playing.

Last edited:
Far too good for League 1

Probably is too good for league 1 but at least he will get a solid season playing week in week out and get himself toughened right up

Far too good for League 1
I agree. Loans are a good way of benchmarking a young players level and Hibs won't learn this from him playing in the 1st Division. The upside is Hibs still have effective day to day control over his development given he will still train with Hibs.

Reactions: Zab
Makes sense to me. Spending the first half of the season in League One means he should not only be playing every week, but being a stand out on a regular basis. Being able to play/train with the Development Team at the same team can only help get him ready for the Hibernian first team.

I trust the process the club are taking with these youngsters. We'll definitely see an influx break thru in the next 2-3 years.

Mixed feelings about this but you have to trust the club know best.

Everyone keeps saying that stepping up to the first team at any level is pretty serious stuff. If he is still training with Hibs for the most part I don't see too much of an issue as he will be playing first team football against pros. If the younger players need to toughen and strengthen (always a problem somehow at Hibs) better to have this happen no? I will presume he can be recalled if required or if he impresses enough to be considered for the Hibs first team.

Reactions: Zab
I agree wi Greenmachine,he should be involved wi the first team,but i suppose you have to trust the coaching staff.

This thread has been viewed 1235 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back