• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Deadline Day - 31 January 2022

Story seems to imply that Maloney possibly feels he will need him to provide depth in the final third of the season. He must have something about him...he went for a big fee from Motherwell to Hull.

Story seems to imply that Maloney possibly feels he will need him to provide depth in the final third of the season. He must have something about him...he went for a big fee from Motherwell to Hull.
18 games plus scottish cup in 4 months more or less.

Doesn’t sound much, but there’s at least one international break so it could become 22 games in 15 weeks quite quickly.

Reactions: Zab
Sun reporting Martin Boyle has been offered a life changing move to Saudi Arabia with a £1 Million a year wage.

Sun reporting Martin Boyle has been offered a life changing move to Saudi Arabia with a £1 Million a year wage.

You'd be tempted eh!

Major lifestyle change though, more importantly though, how many millions they giving us!?

Saw that, seems like BS. No doubt the story will start circulating through other media outlets tomorrow. All to unsettle Boyle and Hibs ahead of an important game in Glasgow.

Saw that, seems like BS. No doubt the story will start circulating through other media outlets tomorrow. All to unsettle Boyle and Hibs ahead of an important game in Glasgow.

Always the same in the build up, big part of the reason I don't see celtic actually being interested.

Although Saudi interest is more likely given the initial offer popping up

Kyogo to 'mysterious Chinese club' willing to pay 10 trillion a year. :giggle:

We can't let a player go on the cheap just because he's being offered a life changing contract. £5 Million minimum or bolt.

Yes because the Sun would know the details 🙈🙈🙈 bog paper

Yes because the Sun would know the details 🙈🙈🙈 bog paper
Exactly. They were way off with their 'exclusive' shortlist on who would be the next Hibs manager.

Hallberg

Attachments

• IMG-20220109-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20220109-WA0002.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: Zab
I wouldn't discount this story. And I wouldn't begrudge Boyler a life-changing move - he's served us well over seven years.
Wish it wasn't Saudi Arabia though.

I wouldn't discount this story. And I wouldn't begrudge Boyler a life-changing move - he's served us well over seven years.
Wish it wasn't Saudi Arabia though.

Prefer Boyle going to Saudi Arabia than Celtic though.

I agree, actually. Shame on me 😁

I agree, actually. Shame on me 😁

A beheading is in order 😉

Interesting.
We're usually scratching around looking at free transfers in the dying embers of the window.
Having already done a few signings in the first week of the window, we're awaiting an odd signing in , or transfer out to talk about.

And you think Celtic will offer up front cash??!!
They probably would.......10% of the whole fee.
With the rest coming in paltry amounts with add on such as appearances, goals, how often the player uses soap etc.

They probably would.....10% of the whole fee.
With the rest coming in paltry amounts with add on such as appearances, goals, how often the player uses soap etc.
Surely it’s how often he DOESNT use soap. They won’t be wanting to reward a club/player for basic levels of hygiene

I wouldn’t. Saudi Arabia are complete *&*^ on a murderous level. I’d be very uncomfortable with Hibs having any money from that regime.

I wouldn’t. Saudi Arabia are complete *&*^ on a murderous level. I’d be very uncomfortable with Hibs having any money from that regime.

It'll only happen if Boyle wants the money, we're not gonna force him.

If he wants to go there its on him, not us.
Take the money, better than going to Celtic.

Don't think clubs give a fuck where the money comes from as long as it's the right amount.

Don't think clubs give a fuck where the money comes from as long as it's the right amount.

Not like its coming direct from the crown Prince either, surely not everyone in Saudi is a murderous *&*^? 🤷‍♂️

Not like its coming direct from the crown Prince either, surely not everyone in Saudi is a murderous *&*^? 🤷‍♂️

That's like saying all Tory voters are racist.

I’ll take a massive punt and say every club is owned by a member of the ruling Saud
family.

Always the same in the build up, big part of the reason I don't see celtic actually being interested.

Although Saudi interest is more likely given the initial offer popping up
The Evening News has said there has been no offer or interest declared in Boyle despite what the rags continue reporting.

The Evening News has said there has been no offer or interest declared in Boyle despite what the rags continue reporting.

Hopefully the players know the red top papers talk shite most of the time and just laugh at it.

I dont doubt it, but didn't a Saudi team offer 500k before the window opened?
That was my initial offer in the comment.

Here is an odd one they talk of 1mil pay this would never be even on the table yet hibs need to accept an offer before player contracts are even discussed. Total total garbage reporting as per usual

Here is an odd one they talk of 1mil pay this would never be even on the table yet hibs need to accept an offer before player contracts are even discussed. Total total garbage reporting as per usual

That's how it's supposed to be, but clubs will approach agents before approaching clubs to get an idea of interest and what they'd be after before even laying an offer on the table.

It is garbage though. Pretty sure

I dont doubt it, but didn't a Saudi team offer 500k before the window opened?
That was my initial offer in the comment.
I believe that was the offer the EEN are referring to which never actually happened. It's sloppy journalism as we all know Boyles contract was revised and that clause no longer exists.
Exactly - clubs are not allowed to open dialogue with players/agents unless they are in their final 6 months or Hibs have accepted an offer and given permission to do so.

Deal now signed - loan until end of season with option to buy.

Mackay away to killie on loan for rest of season. Probs a good deal, get him out playing games and confidence back up.

Mackay away to killie on loan for rest of season. Probs a good deal, get him out playing games and confidence back up.
It's weird though how we put players out on loan to get games yet sign players that haven't played many!

I'd take that Mugabi at Motherwell.
No danger, he'd kick your head in :lookaround:

It's weird though how we put players out on loan to get games yet sign players that haven't played many!
There a lot of truth in that.
However, McKay was a squad player before injury and the mass of recruits will make it all but impossible for him to get gametime in the second half of the season.
In the case of the new guys they are not coming back from injury so have that over the likes of McKay. The manager will also want to have a good look at them so the best way to do that is to have them at Hibs.

It will be interesting to see how many of the new guys can make an immediate impact.
For me Mueller and Clarke are the best bets.

No danger, he'd kick your head in :lookaround:
:52: 👊 :lauff:

There a lot of truth in that.
However, McKay was a squad player before injury and the mass of recruits will make it all but impossible for him to get gametime in the second half of the season.
In the case of the new guys they are not coming back from injury so have that over the likes of McKay. The manager will also want to have a good look at them so the best way to do that is to have them at Hibs.

It will be interesting to see how many of the new guys can make an immediate impact.
For me Mueller and Clarke are the best bets.

Agree with you on this, but I'd add that given he's a out and out winger (on current evidence) there's not a lot of room for him to operate in other areas of the pitch seeing as we don't seem likely to line up with wingers.
Boyle, Murphy, Mueller and even Wright have the ability to play up front or as an attacking midfielder.

Can't see us switching from the 5212/3412 that Maloney has utilised so far.

According to the EEN, there are no immediate plans to bring in another winger despite what reports were saying earlier in the week.

For me, everything depends on whether or not Boyle is sold.

According to the EEN, there are no immediate plans to bring in another winger despite what reports were saying earlier in the week.

Maybe that means we don’t want to, or anticipate, selling Boyle this window?
I hope that is the case anyway.

I dont really see us playing with wingers tbh, I'd be surprised if we brought one in.

This thread has been viewed 48851 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back