• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

David Marshall

There isn't.

I don't see Macey as particularly culpable for our current dip though.
Completely agree mate. But I think it's an area we should be able to find and attract better. Quick fixes and all that.

The boy at Dundee Utd is a very good keeper, fairly underrated imo. I'm just not convinced with Macey. I've read before that defenders play better knowing they've a decent keeper behind them. Not saying this is the problem with our defence but it's maybe part of it?

The boy at Dundee Utd is a very good keeper, fairly underrated imo. I'm just not convinced with Macey. I've read before that defenders play better knowing they've a decent keeper behind them. Not saying this is the problem with our defence but it's maybe part of it?
Perhaps the defenders need a good kick up the arse then because losing goals isn't only the goalie's fault.

Perhaps the defenders need a good kick up the arse then because losing goals isn't only the goalie's fault.
Never said it was

The whole team does, defending isn’t just the responsibility of certain positions. If the coaching staff think that’s the case, they need the boot up the arse.

The whole team does, defending isn’t just the responsibility of certain positions. If the coaching staff think that’s the case, they need the boot up the arse.

Indeed. I mind the days Derek Riordan got it tight because he was a lazy so and so. Hibs would have won thanks to his goals but he still got it. Now we have a lazy forward that isn't scoring...

Reactions: Zab
Totally agree, said as much earlier on this thread. For me McGregor, McLaughlin, Hart, Gordon, Lewis, Seigrist and Clark are all better than Macey. In other words every one of our main rivals and a couple of teams we should be looking to finish above have a better goalkeeper, as you say no where a club looking to finish third should be.

I can’t understand those who don’t see the difference between Macey and Marciano.

Lewis of maybe 3 years ago. Think he's been honking for a while now.

Reactions: Zab
I agree with your first statement he generally is. Had a stinker at Swiney though.

I agree with your first statement he generally is. Had a stinker at Swiney though.
Agreed. Think the whole Utd team did

I hope a Scottish club sign him.

I think Macey is one of the worst keepers we’ve had. No confidence in his organisation skills, he can shot stop that’s it. Don’t even mention crosses or commanding his area😡, basics 🥱

I think Macey is one of the worst keepers we’ve had. No confidence in his organisation skills, he can shot stop that’s it. Don’t even mention crosses or commanding his area😡, basics 🥱
Have to give this post some credit.
Osmo was a top class keeper in the days we played.
Kept his goal very well.
Kept his hand in his pocket in the pub after the game even better.

Still a seat for you on Bounce Tours tomorrow @Osmosis !

Player/Coach, would be a real coup to pull this off.

Said to Shrink at the final…. Look at the difference in Celtic since Hart went there, defence organised and not letting in silly goals. Marshall coming would have the same impact for us! This actually makes me excited 😂

Is it actually a thing?
Not seen that anywhere, also means paying off what's his face? Although I'm fine with that, shoulda kept Combe imo.

Is it actually a thing?
Not seen that anywhere, also means paying off what's his face? Although I'm fine with that, shoulda kept Combe imo.
Samson
Agree 100% Combe should have been kept was a better keeper on his day also. Marshall would be a good singing imo

I'm no wanting us forking out a good wedge of money for something I feel is alright in the team. We need a defender or two.

That's the thing we don't know what the budget is but I agree there are likely higher priorities than gk for our team. Gonna have to put faith in Shaun's judgement....

I'm no wanting us forking out a good wedge of money for something I feel is alright in the team. We need a defender or two.

I'm no Macey fan, but I'd agree with this too.

There is nothing in the press.
Is this just slavers?

Joined QPR

This thread has been viewed 6252 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back