Politics David Davis resigns.

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com
So following "agreement" on the Brexit policies at Chequers, it seems the usual agitators are back at it again.

And David Davis MP, Chief Brexit Negotiator, has now resigned.

What a cluster.

The Twittersphere is now awash with rumours about another General Election in order to solve... Well, nobody really knows. The Conservatives stand to gain absolutely nothing by tossing another vote to the people, the Labour party could only lose if they won control of an incoming storm that they've shown no appetite for developing a cogent plan for, and nobody nationally cares what the Liberal Democrats or SNP think; their stances are clear.

It's good to know that our (italicized sarcastically, and maybe for the benefit of @aggie ) elected government really cares about the big topics that will actually have an impact on our livelihoods.

Fucking wasters.

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 11, 2007
A stool at the bar
It's been a farce since arch coward Cameron called for the referendum. Since then the country has been held to ransom by around 40 Tory MPs so far removed from reality they're an embarrassment to the country.

Still many of these MPs are in for a handsome payoff if it goes through.

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
This is all about power but not the power of Brussels or Westminster...like a political Machiavellian novel playing out for real.

Where is David Cameron, by the way?

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
This is all about power but not the power of Brussels or Westminster...like a political Machiavellian novel playing out for real.

Got his trotters up in Nice, apparently.

This might lead to a GE, I wonder how many seats The SNP could claw back, or maybe lose some more?

Selfishly, I see all of this thru the prism of Scotland being independent so it all seems to be working nicely to that end. The hardest of hard brexits and maybe even England winning the WC :sm113: I think I'd take both of them for Independence...

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Registered
Sep 22, 2002
peterhead

Probably reading Neville Chamberlains biography....................hoping he's still above Neville in the uselessness stakes.

tayside hibee

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
It's quite scary, but not unsurprising how utterly clueless and inept our leaders are , and have been about Brexit from day one. They sleepwalk from day to day , in a zombie like daze achieving the square root of heehaw.
I really cannot comprehend how voters , given the chance to leave this utter shambles , chose to stay part of it . What do they see that I don't??? It's not just Brexit, they have covered themselves in shame, scandal, lies, deceit and appear to only care to keep the class system gap in ever increasing size.
I cannot think of one , not one Tory MP who has ever inspired me . I'm 50 years old ffs.
And very few labour ones either .
Times must change, sadly my generation bottled it , because a few prices might have gone up in the shops
:grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::easyeasy:

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
It's quite scary, but not unsurprising how utterly clueless and inept our leaders are , and have been about Brexit from day one. They sleepwalk from day to day , in a zombie like daze achieving the square root of heehaw.
I really cannot comprehend how voters , given the chance to leave this utter shambles , chose to stay part of it . What do they see that I don't??? It's not just Brexit, they have covered themselves in shame, scandal, lies, deceit and appear to only care to keep the class system gap in ever increasing size.
I cannot think of one , not one Tory MP who has ever inspired me . I'm 50 years old ffs.
And very few labour ones either .
Times must change, sadly my generation bottled it , because a few prices might have gone up in the shops
:grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr::easyeasy:
Bit of a generalisation there, although I know that's the verdict according to polls. (They've been wrong before though eh.)
Funnily enough nearly everyone I know 'of my generation' voted, or claimed to have voted YES to independence.
The notable exception being a rabid Hun who voted according to his fitba' allegiance.

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com
This might lead to a GE, I wonder how many seats The SNP could claw back, or maybe lose some more?
Again, I just don't see what that'd achieve. No outcome would really solve much of anything, with the sole exception of the Conservatives wanting to lose power so that they can blame Labour for the fallout of Brexit.

Smurf

Private Member
Registered
May 15, 2003
Suburbia
Got his trotters up in Nice, apparently.

Selfishly, I see all of this thru the prism of Scotland being independent so it all seems to be working nicely to that end. The hardest of hard brexits and maybe even England winning the WC :sm113: I think I'd take both of them for Independence...
I don't see how anyone is concluding what many are that a GE is coming soon?

The Fixed Term Parliament act makes this unlikely. I can't see the Tories wanting a GE any time soon as they'd likely lose it according to the pundits (though I doubt that). There's no way with the Ulster Unionists on board that the Government will lose any confidence motion in the Commons.

I suspect that this will all continue for some time with the UK Tory Government clinging to power. And IMO that's good for the Indy Ref 2 campaign in Scotland. Though they really are going to have to start outlining a independent Scotland vision sometime soon. Relying on the UK losing Scotland won't succeed.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Nov 15, 2005
Mississippi in the middle of a dry spell
Bit of a generalisation there, although I know that's the verdict according to polls. (They've been wrong before though eh.)
Funnily enough nearly everyone I know 'of my generation' voted, or claimed to have voted YES to independence.
The notable exception being a rabid Hun who voted according to his fitba' allegiance.
I think it was people older even than us who predominantly voted NO. My mum did and when I quizzed her about it she said "I didn't think it would make much difference so I just voted to stay". However, she was worried about potentially losing her pension [A complete lie on the part of the Bitter Together campaign] and that doubtless had an effect on how she voted. She also had a postal vote and the instruction on how to vote had a cross in the NO box perhaps subliminally suggesting that NO was the way forward [I didn't see the actual instruction slip but that's what she told me].

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
I don't see how anyone is concluding what many are that a GE is coming soon?

The Fixed Term Parliament act makes this unlikely. I can't see the Tories wanting a GE any time soon as they'd likely lose it according to the pundits (though I doubt that). There's no way with the Ulster Unionists on board that the Government will lose any confidence motion in the Commons.

I suspect that this will all continue for some time with the UK Tory Government clinging to power. And IMO that's good for the Indy Ref 2 campaign in Scotland. Though they really are going to have to start outlining a independent Scotland vision sometime soon. Relying on the UK losing Scotland won't succeed.
I think the basis for any possible GE would be the withdrawal of DUP support? They'll do a bolt if it looks like they're being aligned with Ireland?

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
The DUP are such despicable low life i suppose anything is possible. They really do fear though a Corbyn government.
Not half as much as they fear the Catholics!

In 20 years time we'll look back at 2016-2019 and think, 'what a bunch of cunts'

Smurf

Private Member
Registered
May 15, 2003
Suburbia

In 20 years time we'll look back at 2016-2019 and think, 'what a bunch of cunts'

Hopefully in 20 years we won't live in a society that tolerates bigoted sectarian marches. And have a government not dependent on the support of those that champion them to survive.

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com
Hopefully in 20 years we won't live in a society that tolerates bigoted sectarian marches. And have a government not dependent on the support of those that champion them to survive.
Honestly, I tend to side with Tom Devine.

Leave them alone.

Their marches are filled with the same old bigots that were out marching twenty years ago. In another twenty, they'll be dead and we'll all be glad. Youngsters aren't joining the Orange Order because the advent of the Internet means that they don't recognise the world sold to them by the annual bigot-fest.