• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Cumdog supports England

jock3

Private Member
Reaction score
According to Twitter, Jason Cummings was filmed celebrating England's win over Columbia. No sure what to make of that. I can't imagine Jason buying into the concept 'Oh well Scotland aren't in it, so I'll support England', which is questionable. More to the point he must realise Scotland fans are disappointed and embarrassed not to have qualified and on that basis, he should show a bit more discretion or, and this gets my vote, Jason is Jason and does silly things....

I have to admit, I was rooting for them too. I honestly don't have a problem if England win it, I like the way Southgate and the players have carried themselves. Been a very professional campaign from them.

Last edited:
I have to admit, I was rooting for them too. I honestly don't have a problem if England win it, I like the way Southgate and the players have carry themself. Been a very professional campaign from them.
Fortunately for you, you won't have to listen to it being rammed down your throat until the end of time if they do. Resentful? Me? Too fuckin right I am

Fortunately for you, you won't have to listen to it being rammed down your throat until the end of time if they do. Resentful? Me? Too fuckin right I am

I get that, listened to it for years. The English pundits aren't as bad now as years gone by. Over here we have Warren Barton, Ian Wright, Lee Dixon and Robbie Earle. It's nice having ex players that have played at a decent level talking about the game.

While I'm not actively supporting England, I'm fairly ambivalent about whether they win it or not. I honestly think we make a bigger deal about their pundits/media than we ought to. Obviously they want to win it.

While I'm not actively supporting England, I'm fairly ambivalent about whether they win it or not. I honestly think we make a bigger deal about their pundits/media than we ought to. Obviously they want to win it.

I ended up supporting England in the pub on Tues night all because of a small minded demented Scottish racist bigot loudmouth, who unfortunately is a Hibs fan too. Honestly, the bile,seethe and sheer hatred spewing from his gub was unbelievable. So when England scored that first goal I cheered with mucho gusto to piss this prick off. Nut! Still carried on with his shite regardless. Then he got on with his racist shite ( England's black players should get the burning tyre treatment! Who the fuck thinks like that nowadays?!?) That was fuckin enough.... Went over grabbed him by his collar and got him fuckin TELT! Big style telt tae. The choob shat it and did not say a word back. Alas, I had to leave as my pish was boiled and I still felt like skuddin the *&*^, and I'm too old for that anymore , so left with my head held high to go home and watch the ending.

Normal service will resume tmrw as I'll watch it with my English lass in a different pub with less Scottish pricks in it. Cheering on Sweden politely.

I’ve mixed feelings about how England fare. On one hand I want them to fail based on how the pundits behave, disrespecting opponents and acting like they never got pumped 2-1 by Iceland 2 years ago. On the other hand, living down in England now, the feel good factor a good run brings shouldn’t be underestimated. Folk in my work who have no interest in sport all talking about it.

Here's a comparison we can all relate to.
Scotland had the chance to fuck them up in qualifying. 2 fuckin 1 up in the dying seconds and we made a James Hunt of it.
Now there's a possibility they might go on and win it.
Now, cast your minds back to Tynecastle and how that turned out when Hibs went on to win the Scottish cup.
Do we really want to know what it feels like to be a Gunt supporter for the rest of our lives and our children's lives and our children's children's lives?
See where I'm going with this?

I live and work down south but must admit it does not really bother me. The guys I work with are normal blokes they enjoy their football and support their country. They, just like we do, get wound up by the non-football supporters who suddenly have infinite knowledge of the game when on TV.

Kind of just happy that it is a decent World Cup with good games, better than the last few tournaments.

This. All day long.

Cannae be allowed to happen.

Help me, Obi Wan Croatia. You’re my only hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No issue with anything England other than their media.
For that reason I hope they get pumped out ASAP. Can’t stand 4 weeks of English bias never mind another 30 years of it.

No issue with anything England other than their media.
For that reason I hope they get pumped out ASAP. Can’t stand 4 weeks of English bias never mind another 30 years of it.

Let's face it if England get pumped by Sweden then every commentary thereafter will be about how England would have done better. It's a lose/lose situation.

I wish the England team and their manager all the best. I wish someone would nuke the TV studios.

Let's face it if England get pumped by Sweden then every commentary thereafter will be about how England would have done better. It's a lose/lose situation.

I wish the England team and their manager all the best. I wish someone would nuke the TV studios.
Must admit...i dont wish them and their team all the best.
#AnyoneButEngland

Last edited:
While there are some total fucking helmets on commentary (Glenn Hoddle) I actually think the Ingerlund pundits as a collective are a lot more balanced than most equivalents overseas, esp given the array of foreign pundits, which is pretty rare elsewhere. My mate's marrying a Colombian bird over the summer and their coverage was absolutely fucking nuts. Euro-centric FIFA conspiracy to change the rules of the game to punish Colombia for being too good at football, apparently.

I ended up supporting England in the pub on Tues night all because of a small minded demented Scottish racist bigot loudmouth, who unfortunately is a Hibs fan too. Honestly, the bile,seethe and sheer hatred spewing from his gub was unbelievable. So when England scored that first goal I cheered with mucho gusto to piss this prick off. Nut! Still carried on with his shite regardless. Then he got on with his racist shite ( England's black players should get the burning tyre treatment! Who the fuck thinks like that nowadays?!?) That was fuckin enough.... Went over grabbed him by his collar and got him fuckin TELT! Big style telt tae. The choob shat it and did not say a word back. Alas, I had to leave as my pish was boiled and I still felt like skuddin the ****, and I'm too old for that anymore , so left with my head held high to go home and watch the ending.

Normal service will resume tmrw as I'll watch it with my English lass in a different pub with less Scottish pricks in it. Cheering on Sweden politely.

Good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He`s signed for Peterborough on loan.

Wonder what that hun fanny that got the joker tattoo thinks of that.

Peterboro ....how the mighty fall eh !!!!

Peterboro ....how the mighty fall eh !!!!

We’re they not interested when we were still in the championship?

We’re they not interested when we were still in the championship?

Yup, alleged £1.2m bid when he was with us.

BREAKING NEWS: Peterborough United sign a Championship striker with full international experience

Used to want the to lose all the time, now I dont much care either way..only reason i really wanted them to fail was the boasting from a workmate I woulda had to endure for next 4 years or more

I get that, listened to it for years. The English pundits aren't as bad now as years gone by. Over here we have Warren Barton, Ian Wright, Lee Dixon and Robbie Earle. It's nice having ex players that have played at a decent level talking about the game.

Yes they are in fact if anything they are getting worse. Ian Wright is a complete prick as well although that's not relevant to the debate.

Yes they are in fact if anything they are getting worse. Ian Wright is a complete prick as well although that's not relevant to the debate.

Honestly can't disagree, Wright is an utter bell end.

Well I was around in 1966 and actually cheered them on in the final. Then went on holiday to England and found out what the next fifty years were going to be like. If we don't support them, we're wrong - they're just another British team and we should be showing a bit of solidarity. Then they won it, and it was, 'Stuff the solidarity, pal, we're England and World Champions, and it's our Cup and you guys can go and stick it ...' So in 1970 I kept quiet and waited to see what would transpire. Coleman's commentary on the quarter-final in Leon was so bloody arrogant I ended up cheering the West Germans - Beckenbauer, Seeler, Muller and all. He had them in the semi 2-0 up with 25 minutes to go - nobody ever won anything that way. Beckenbauer had been subdued, he said. Seeler was an old man without the stamina for the Mexican heat. Muller was over-rated. "Sir Alf" was the tactical mastermind leading them to another triumph.
Guess who scored the three goals that put them out? :yayyy::easyeasy::dance::sm023::bye:

I have seen nothing since to make me change my mind. If they were difficult to live with before the competition, they would be unbearable now. Trust me. You have no idea. I've been there.

This thread has been viewed 1808 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50