• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Covid -19 Graphs Scotland

View media item 444
This is the number of new cases and Scotland??????? is now consistently showing less than 10 every single day.✅

Fair to say that Civic 19 has been wiped out in vast tracts of the country.✅

Edinburgh and Lothian's is going to be vulnerable once the airports open and the students return as well as the limited tourism around this year so it will be important for England ??????? to "get a grip".

England ??????? does look poor but these are actual numbers based on their huge population (Not per capita) and are a very decent improvement on where they were last week.✅

Last edited:
View media item 447
This is an interesting graph as it shows information for Ireland?? a country which has handled the pandemic reasonably well though not spectacularly so.

Ireland?? has all the advantages of being a proper island with full control over all its airports and borders (Except one obviously?)

Its a rich country who locked down very early and is a country with full decision making powers yet still they have a reasonable number of cases.

That might not matter if they can track and trace and stop clusters developing but it shows the long fight ahead.

View media item 449
View media item 448
More very positive graphics from Scotland ??????? with information on contact tracing beginning to be developed.✅

New cases need to be carefully watched though.?

As the various sectors of the Scottish ???????economy begin to get reopened this week in more depth its common sense and confidence that will become the driving factor.

Its a good starting point and 95% compliance with face masks? in my supermarket tonight indicates a public who are both very supportive and getting the message.✅

Last edited:
Been twice in Asda over the week-end and glad to say everybody I saw was wearing a face covering. Just hope people stick to this and also that people get accustomed to wearing them in shops as well as supermarkets.

View media item 453
You can't help think that this is as good as it gets as the economy begins to reopen and the planes begin to arrive along with the tourists by road and rail but what a tremendous achievement by all sectors of Scottish??????? society and the general public to get to this stage.✅

Cant ask for anymore than that.?✅

That friend of @SlovSam Devi Sridhar ? retweeted this chart which I thought was pretty good. I'll take more precautions the higher the number, its probably common sense in numbers, although she didn't agree with the travel by aircraft. If I recall correctly she said she just wouldn't.

IMG_20200714_125300.jpg

Have to say looking at that last chart, purely from a personal point of view, it is very depressing that many of the things which are important to me in life and I enjoy doing are in the High Risk category. Really looking forward to getting back to the gym and fitness classes but I fear that may still be a while yet.

Booked ahead already to go to church at the week-end with only 50 allowed at a time. Really want to get back to large music concerts as well but I fear that is about a year away at best. Let's hope we find a vaccine or some breakthrough treatment soon.

Keir Starmer's suggestion a few weeks ago that everyone over the age of 50 should be given the flu vaccine this winter to avoid the NHS being overwhelmed with flu patients and Covid-19 patients makes sense to me.

Eek

View media item 455
I do like these graphs that show how far we have come over the last 4 months and Scotland??????? has come a long long way.

105% adherence to the masks ? in the supermarket last night as a wee girl had two on bless her.✅

Its a real tribute to all the people of this country how much they have taken on board the public hea lth messages.✅

View media item 457
View media item 459
View media item 458
Some cumulative Scottish ??????? graphs which show the virus at its lowest ebb ever in Scotland.

Contact tracing is going to be tested in the next month as clusters emerge and the economy reopens and people naturally become a bit more lax in their behavior.

Unprotected borders though might be a negative game changer in Scotland??????? given how other countries who can protect their borders still struggle.

On the positive side mask wearing ? is very much being adhered to in Scotland ??????? and I observed a bunch of bams all putting on their masks before going into Aldi for cheap bevvy.

3 months ago and they all would have been arrested.?

You have to laugh at "breakthrough" research in the USA demonstrating how important mask wearing ? is to stopping the virus spreading.?

Anyone in a South East Asia street could have told you that in January.?

Last edited:
View media item 457
View media item 459
View media item 458
Some cumulative Scottish ??????? graphs which show the virus at its lowest ebb ever in Scotland.

Contact tracing is going to be tested in the next month as clusters emerge and the economy reopens and people naturally become a bit more lax in their behavior.

Unprotected borders though might be a negative game changer in Scotland??????? given how other countries who can protect their borders still struggle.

On the positive side mask wearing ? is very much being adhered to in Scotland ??????? and I observed a bunch of bams all putting on their masks before going into Aldi for cheap bevvy.

3 months ago and they all would have been arrested.?

You have to laugh at "breakthrough" research in the USA demonstrating how important mask wearing ? is to stopping the virus spreading.?

Anyone in a South East Asia street could have told you that in January.?
On contract tracing I understand that we're well catered for in Scotland with 1 contact tracer per 2,700 of population. WHO recommend a minimum of 1 per 5,000.

View media item 461
Nicely constructed and informative graph showing new infections over the last 7 days and how well Scotland's??????? track and trace system seems to be working.✅

View media item 461
Nicely constructed and informative graph showing new infections over the last 7 days and how well Scotland's??????? track and trace system seems to be working.✅
Come on you green :alieny:

[sent from my new phone but I'm not saying what lol]

SAGE, advising the UK government, say that the tracing system must track down at least 80% of those its looking for within 48/72* hours to be effective.

Just putting it out there so we know what to be looking for.

* Given folk can be asymptomatic for that period it seems a bit tardy but they're the scientists. Maybe the actual target for those delivering the service is lower in terms of time.

Last edited:

A lot of interesting content here not just about Scotland.???????

Scotland achilles heal is always that it just doesn't have the power to protect it own borders but the Professor thinks we can get around this problem by extra testing.✅

Last edited:
View media item 465
View media item 467
View media item 466
Up to date Scottish??????? Graphs showing a very positive postion with strong testing and few cases and very much supportive of the Zero Covid strategy. ✅.

The infection graph by age group is an interesting new publication✅ and has surprising results with new infections predominantly in middle aged people.

Need to we how this pans out over the next month.

View media item 465
View media item 467
View media item 466
Up to date Scottish??????? Graphs showing a very positive postion with strong testing and few cases and very much supportive of the Zero Covid strategy. ✅.

The infection graph by age group is an interesting new publication✅ and has surprising results with new infections predominantly in middle aged people.

Have I misinterpreted it or does the New Infections and Deaths per Day graph not indicate rising numbers of new cases?

View media item 465
View media item 467
View media item 466

I've already noticed a shift in the underlying message from our Health people, WHO and Health experts around the world.

The message is changing from old folk get it and die, to younger folk are getting it and the long term Health implications for them is not good with years of ill-Health ahead of them.

There was someone foreign on the wireless this morning, might have been someone from WHO or Hong-Kong or somewhere else, pleading with young people to act responsibly. Basically saying give up this summer so that you can enjoy future summers.

For a group who think they are all but invincible anyway, confirmed when it was said all they'd get is a wee sneeze from Covid-19 to now being told it could be a life debilitating illness. For those that pay attention it sure is a WTF moment!

I think in one of my very early posts here I described it a sneaky wee bastard of a virus. Turns out its even sneakier than I thought!

How do you get -1 reported infections?

How do you get -1 reported infections?
Maybe they turned 85 :sm113:

Good info here

View media item 468
Thete is still not a lot of evidence that England??????? have their test and trace system up and running with talk of it not been fully operational until October.

As always with English exceptionalism the target just needed to be a basic "functioning" track and trace system but they set themselves an unattainable target of this having to be "world beating".?.

Lessons learned from the abandoned track and trace app. None.?

Scotland??????? needs England to get this right though and it was very heartnening to see them move so quickly on Spanish and Catalonian travel as well as delay for 2 weeks lockdown releases and reimpose limited lockdown on parts of Northern England.✅

Last edited:
View media item 469
Naebody is dying which is great but the daily infections moving average is slowly but surely going up.?

Schools are imminently going back and you wonder if Scotland??????? is soon going to reach the cusp of what can realistically be allowed.

Thanks for the updates, Sam.
Pubs are open, fitba's back and schools are starting next week.
Many people think we're back to normal.
We're not.
The 13 cases in the Aberdeen boozer had risen to 27 yesterday.....could be double that number by now.
This is not over by a long, long way.

View media item 473
Bad news from the Faroes Islands which was Covid-free since April but has now recorded 52 cases in two days all originating from just the one person.?

Its just inevitable that the near future is going to be dominated by clusters here and clusters there but hopefully not clusters everywhere.?

View media item 479
Positive cases in Scotland??????? over the last month are still on an upward trajectory which is just about inevitable given the experience of other European countries with France?? the latest travel domino to fall.

Cases in England also??????? rising.

Scottish numbers are still very low in relative terms but with schools now reopened and the economy moving the internal hidden computer projections can only be upwards.

Test, trace and isolate is very important now as 6 weeks from now and life begins to move indoors.

Its going to be a miserable winter as its hard to see many positives. ?

Hibs aside.?

Last edited:
View media item 479
Positive cases in Scotland??????? over the last month are still on an upward trajectory which is just about inevitable given the experience of other European countries with France?? the latest travel domino to fall.

Scottish numbers are still very low in relative terms but with schools now reopened and the economy moving the internal hidden computer projections can only be upwards.

Test, trace and isolate is very important now as 6 weeks from now and life begins to move indoors.

Hibs aside.?
Maybe it's just naive optimism on my part, but I have a feeling the winter won't be as bad for Covid infections and deaths as some are predicting.

Surely to God we will be better prepared for any new infections in a second wave and be in a position to protect the vulnerable people who need protecting a lot better than we did in March/April ?

I also think all over 50's should get the flu jag. I don't know logistically how difficult that would be, but it should be done.

The key thing is to protect the elderly, people in care homes and hospitals, and those with underlying health problems. There is no excuse for allowing the death disaster of the first couple of months of this pandemic to happen again. We know far more about this virus now than we did back in March.

Last edited:
View media item 479

Hibs aside.?
Hibs certainly are a side.

But the general future is up for grabs

View media item 485
View media item 484
View media item 482
View media item 483
Here are a bunch of "interesting" if you like that sort of thing? graphs and data that show how Coronavirus seem to have affected other aspects of Scottish ??????? society.

Certainly seems to have spooked the ruling classes in Westminster??????? for the time being but they are very clever and crafty and they will be plotting a way back as there is far to much at stake especially for them?

Prestige, nuclear weapons, born entitlement, renewable energy and non renewable energy will see to that.?

View media item 485
View media item 484
View media item 482
View media item 483
Here are a bunch of "interesting" if you like that sort of thing? graphs and data that show how Coronavirus seem to have affected other aspects of Scottish ??????? society.

Certainly seems to have spooked the ruling classes in Westminster??????? for the time being but they are very clever and crafty and they will be plotting a way back as there is far to much at stake especially for them?

Prestige, nuclear weapons, born entitlement, renewable energy and non renewable energy will see to that.?
With regards to the A&E stats I generally think this is a good thing, fewer folk rocking up.

There will of course be lots of reasons for this, fewer folk out and about getting injured or pished or what have you but pre Covid-19 A&E was being abused and it had been for decades.

Is your injury as a result of an accident?

Is it an emergency?

For most, yes most, the answer would be no. The probability is that whatever folk turned up with could be more effectively dealt with elsewhere, at a later date, and maybe even have cleared up in a couple of days or with a feckin paracetamol.

But the NHS can't tell people to 'fuck off you're wasting our time' so everyone has to be seen.

In the meantime those with genuine emergencies or decent accidents canny get in the door to be assessed!

Of course everyone is triaged but, this being Thursday, the arsehole who sprained his ankle on Sunday playing football will be screaming blue murder because the guy with the heart attack or stroke was seen first.

Rant/

View media item 487
View media item 486
Contact tracing figures in Scotland ??????? seem strong but not much context to measure them against.?

Overall testing just reached its record high which is good news.✅

5ec833f4107e469b951c86f3_map220520.gif

View media item 489
View media item 488
Interesting trends are clearly showing that in Scotland??????? we are now identifying just as many positive tests as we did in the peak summer months which on the surface isn't good.?.

However this is easily explained by the massive increase in testing which is now up to over 15,000 tests per day.✅.

Contract tracing now means it can also be identified where these new positive tests are coming from which are nearly all in new clusters.

Its hard to see where any government goes from here as the pattern is the same worldwide in that you can get this pandemic under control through the brute force of a lockdown and subsequent volume testing and contact tracing but its such a virulent disease that you can't eradicate it.?

View media item 491
View media item 490
I like when commentators relate their stats back to some external source in this case the WHO as it gives a much better marker rather than bland number of tests which is a bit meaningless without context.✅

Scotland??????? at 1% to 2% still restricting the virus to clusters rather than community transmission which is very positive now that school reopening is well underway.✅

View media item 492
This is an interesting table from today as it shows the sheer volume of testing now taking place in Scotland???????.✅.

It also shows that worryingly there were 160 new cases and that the 1% case ratio in total is still on track but certain age groups have broken this barrier.❌?

Jason Leitch the national clinical director was saying at the weekend that the computer models predict that Scotland is just about at the limit of what can be opened up.

There can't be much left apart from live football and Universities but its going to be a tough few weeks especially when you look at the European countries who are a month ahead but face rising cases.?

Last edited:
Are colder countries more susceptible to COVID in autumn/winter months than warmer countries?

I've a niggle that indoor events will be capped to say 100 and outdoor events might be capped at 10% capacity.

On the bright side, if you do get a ticket for a game at Hampden you might actually be able to get a pie in less than half an hour.

On the bright side, if you do get a ticket for a game at Hampden you might actually be able to get a pie in less than half an hour.

Not if there's only one person serving.
:43:

20200902_152151.jpgThis is from the COVID Symptom Study app (I think it was @Jamie who flagged it up months ago).

Figures are taken from those reporting on the app.

Screenshot_20200903-151602_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

This thread has been viewed 169902 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back