• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Covid -19 Graphs Scotland

View media item 317
View media item 316
Intereresting read and for the North of Ireland you could also read Scotland ???????.

Earlier and stronger lockdowns does seem to save many more lives but so does Ireland's aggressive policy of test, test, test then trace and isolate.✔

Public Health England ??????? and the UK Government dictated and still dictate the overall strategy which got off to such a disastrous start but Scottish Governments ??????? record on testing is a shocker so far with no sign of improving.?

Last edited:
View media item 321
A nice positive Scotland ??????? table showing how few people are in Intensive care units as well as various other stats.

500 ICU's now available in Scotland and even with the second wave of infections in a few months time that is one area government has got right.✔?

Same in England ??????? as well where from a standing start they managed to put the physical infrastructure at least in place in a very short place of time.✔?

View media item 322
Ambulance chasing again ? and its sometimes the obscure graph that are the most revealing.

Speaks for itself.✔?

Beautiful weather and a hard weekend coming up for the people of Scotland ??????? but nearly 5 weeks in and impressive observance so far.??

Last edited:
View media item 324
Still no evidence that Scotland is getting to grips with testing as they have a target of 3,500 a day by end April but so far are getting nowhere near.?

Lack of tests, lack of cartridges was the original problem but that was weeks ago.

Test and trace and isolate is meant to be the key to coming out of the cycle of lockdown, restart, lockdown 2 , restart, lockdown 3.

Still to be convinced the strategists and heidbummer scientists in SAGE advising Public Health England ???????aren't going for herd immunity in a gradual manner anyway.

It was a bit of a relevation that Scots and Welsh goverments only input to strategy is submitting written questions in advance.?

Herd immunity being contentious as WHO say having had the virus doesn't neccessarily mean you are now immune without being definite as they don't know either.?

Last edited:
View media item 325
This is a rather a sombre chart as its so easy forget in the raft of statistics that these are people lives that are no longer with us.?.

It does indicate the countries that have been hit hardest though maybe surprising where USA is given all the bad publicity it receives.

This maybe indicates that a lot of the State Governors such as California were far more informed and proactive than their President seemed to be.,?

Australia and New Zealand (not shown) used their histotical knowledge from nearby Asian countries to great effect.?

Looks bad in England 54850B18-25D1-452A-8A82-00B53B261F6A.jpeg

if that's accurate it hasn't even peaked yet in England - and deaths are now being openly spoken in the tory press as being in excess of 40,000. That sounds suspiciously like this government will have wiped out 100,000 people in the first wave. They surely can't survive this? In any kind of civilized society they should be facing criminal charges.

if that's accurate it hasn't even peaked yet in England - and deaths are now being openly spoken in the tory press as being in excess of 40,000. That sounds suspiciously like this government will have wiped out 100,000 people in the first wave. They surely can't survive this? In any kind of civilized society they should be facing criminal charges.

I had that same graphic and was trying to authenticate it and it did seem to come from a reputable and well reserached organization.✔?

I never really follow the English ???????news conferences as they are bland and devoid of any detail and mostly reassuring sound bites for people who like that sort thing.

It is still "only" around 35,000 deaths for England ??????? being forecast on other models though their current official figures of 20,000 need something like 8,000 added on for care homes and deaths at home.?.

If you follow the Financial Times they already are predicting 41,000 to 43,000 at this moment in time which is pretty staggering and heart breaking for so many??.

It would be so many more as its been forgotten that it was the English football leagues that called time on their league not the government who wanted another weekend of fixtures with millions mixing and taking part in mass gatherings.?

I don't as habit watch SKY, ITV or the State broadcaster but they did seem a bit reticent to openingly critisise and scrutinise decision making and most print media know exactly where their bread is butterred so I wouldn't expect much in the way government fallout.

There is something about the English mentality where the "Blitz Spirit", "War heroes" and exceptionslism as in they know best which seems to blind them to actual hard reality.

Last edited:
View media item 326
Another depressing graph this time demonstrating the rise in cases and the vulnerability of residents in care homes.?.

Care homes seem to account for around 1/3 of all deaths but I don't understand how that figure is so high.?.

Don't the care home victims show severe signs of Covid-19 illness over a few days and are then transferred to hospital ? for treatment.❓

That doesn't seem to happen and they seem to die within the care home envirinment and not accounted for until they feed through to National Records of Scotland figures at a later date.

View media item 327
Not a fkn scooby to begin with and even with patience and good eyesight still toiling.?

View media item 329
View media item 328
Its hard to interpret these graphs except they show that patients in intensive care are now happily at very low levels.?

Lothian with a population of 900,000 has only 16 people in intensive care and Scotland ??????? as a whole 108 so obviously the peak has now passed.✔

Surprisingly though the number of patients in hospital hasn't moved in the same downward direction quite as steeply.?

I wonder why this is.❓

Maybe they have lowered the bar for hospital admissions and you don't need to be quite as ill to be admitted.?

View media item 327
Not a fkn scooby to begin with and even with patience and good eyesight still toiling.?
That is a really interesting diagram, some observations though:
  • Note England and Wales included as well as UK
  • England and Wales has had bigger decreases than UK, seems strange as they are the lions share of the population and the cases
  • US hasn't had a decrease in daily rates and is still going up
  • UK and Eng and Wal are back on the increase side of the table
I wasn't sure if these figures are raw or per capita.

Sometimes though i think we can over complicate things with too many pictures, the two graphs that are most informative for me are deaths (all) and hospital admissions - whilst neither figure is comprehensive we can understand trends from them. But the danger, in my opinion, with that is a virus doesn't pay attention to trends and even if we have zero of either for months that does not mean to say there is no threat from the virus. I fear that Government will make decisions based on the trends rather than risk.

Redraw the graphs with a zero starting point on the y axis and they will be much easier to understand.

Not entirely sure why one is decreasing slowly and one is dropping more steadily - maybe incubation periods, and timing of lockdown.

View media item 329
View media item 328
Its hard to interpret these graphs except they show that patients in intensive care are now happily at very low levels.?

Lothian with a population of 900,000 has only 16 people in intensive care and Scotland ??????? as a whole 108 so obviously the peak has now passed.✔

Surprisingly though the number of patients in hospital hasn't moved in the same downward direction quite as steeply.?

I wonder why this is.❓

Maybe they have lowered the bar for hospital admissions and you don't need to be quite as ill to be admitted.?

View media item 330
View media item 332
View media item 331
Scotland compared ??????? with a rich country like Ireland ?? or a super duper rich country such as Norway ?? doesn't make good reading.,?

They test more, they are more in control and they have less deaths and they will have less economic damage.

See same for other neighbours such as Denmark or Iceland.?

Inverclyde is Scottish worst affected region? I know someone who was tested. They are high risk, but that wasn’t why they were tested. Oh no. It was because their spouse is an nhs worker, and they didn’t want the spouse self isolating unless the person actually had the virus.

View media item 338
View media item 337
View media item 335

Scotland ??????? seems to be bobbing along this plateau just now and is probably admitting more people into hospital on a precautionary basis while not as many seem to end up in intensive care.?

The problem Scotland ??????? has is testing as it just can't seem to raise this to an appropriate level to justify raising the lockdown.?.

I don't follow England??????? hospital numbers but they messed up politically by targetting 100,000 tests per day and by sleight of hand achieved this by including tests "in the post".

In reality they weren't even close.so both countries are trapped in this limited lockdown with no escape route as their testing capability is grim.?

Testing, Trace and Isolate is what the Asian countries had set up years ago and the well managed other countries such as Denmark, New Zealand, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Norway, Australia and Baltic States hit the ground running on months ago.

Last edited:
Decent amount of info and graphs here

is there an updated version of that graph?

is there an updated version of that graph?
Stats are from here though i think someone has put the graph together themselves

View media item 340
For UK it is is easier to read England??????? given that is the vast majority of the statistics but Scotland??????? new cases look consistent.

If you add on the English death toll of somewhere between 30,000 and 40,000 and there lack of testing which is well below the meaningless figure of 100,000 then you wonder where they are getting their justification for easing the lockdown as leaked all over today's English papers ????????.

"Herd immunity" if that even exists by stealth still seems to be their policy and given opinion polls ratings of 50% plus then the English ??????? public dont seem to disagree no matter the death toll.

View media item 340
For UK it is is easier to read England??????? given that is the vast majority of the statistics but Scotland??????? new cases look consistent.

If you add on the English death toll of somewhere between 30,000 and 40,000 and there lack of testing which is well below the meaningless figure of 100,000 then you wonder where they are getting their justification for easing the lockdown as leaked all over today's English papers ????????.

"Herd immunity" if that even exists by stealth still seems to be their policy and given opinion polls ratings of 50% plus then the English ??????? public dont seem to disagree no matter the death toll.

Trying to analyze numbers which you don't think are accurate is a thankless task.

View media item 342
View media item 341
More quite interesting Scottish ??????? Government statistics.?✔

Last edited:
View media item 343
This graph pairs quite a good picture of where Scotland ??????? is at the moment and where it has been in a historical context of the last few months.

Post 8th March it took around 4 weeks to stop the exponential rise in new cases with limted lockdown taking place on 23rd March.

It then took a further two weeks for this to show signs of obvious decline to around 25th April.

As May develops and new cases drop you can see the dilemma of any sort of serious relaxation in lockdown.

This may result in a surge of new cases and it would therefore take 6 weeks or so to get this back under control.?

View media item 348
You kind of leave it for a few days in the hope that Scotland ??????? would at last get to grips with testing but still the answer is still a resounding no.?.

Its meant to be something like 3,500 a day and I hope heard wrong but wasn't it meant to eventually reach 10,000 for a full test, test, test, isolate strategy.

Its not much better than a month ago and is a real failure of policy unless there is some other reason but cumbersome set up burecraccy no longer cuts it as an excuse.?

Last edited:
No testing strategy, no progress. I wonder what is going wrong here.

No testing strategy, no progress. I wonder what is going wrong here.
They know better than the countries with a fraction of our number of deaths.
They really haven't got a fucking clue or don't care

View media item 349
It might hurt your eyesight but this has been one of the big successes of the English??????? and Scottish ??????? and Welsh and North of Ireland governments.?

At no time were the Intensive Care Units (ICU's) in hospitals in any danger of being overrun even at the virus peak of mid April.

Capacity must have been doubled or tripled in a very short period of time and as a result hospitals are now lying empty with hundreds of spare ICU capacity.

In fact there are spare hospitals never mind spare beds.??

The whole reason for the lockdown was to prevent so many people becoming so ill with Covid-19 that they would overwhelm the NHS. That has not happened. You would think then that the lockdown could now be lifted, however we have absolutely no idea how many of the population in Scotland are currently infected with the virus and where they are due to the pathetic amount of testing which has been done. Therefore we have to be extremely cautious when lifting the restrictions. We really do need to improve massively on the amount of people being tested on a daily basis in Scotland if we are to get a grip of this virus.

Last edited:
You say they don't know where @Greenmachine but I think they do. ?

They'll know, even early doors, from analysing the addresses of the folk that have been treated in hospitals where it is. They won't have actual numbers for how many folk out there are infected but they'll have a pretty good idea from the number crunchers.

We both agree about vigorous testing.

View media item 349
It might hurt your eyesight but this has been one of the big successes of the English??????? and Scottish ??????? and Welsh and North of Ireland governments.?

At no time were the Intensive Care Units (ICU's) in hospitals in any danger of being overrun even at the virus peak of mid April.

Capacity must have been doubled or tripled in a very short period of time and as a result hospitals are now lying empty with hundreds of spare ICU capacity.

In fact there are spare hospitals never mind spare beds.??

I think it's accepted that the real death rate is around "55,000" - but we never ran out of ICU beds.

Was this because victims didn't get near hospital, far less ICU beds?

The question then becomes, how many of that 55k would have survived if they had access to ICU - which we we know were available?

I think it's accepted that the real death rate is around "55,000" - but we never ran out of ICU beds.

Was this because victims didn't get near hospital, far less ICU beds?

The question then becomes, how many of that 55k would have survived if they had access to ICU - which we we know were available?

15,000 to 20,000 of these people would have been people in Care Homes which is something I still dont understand completely.?.

If you are in a care home and showing all the symptoms and are seriously ill then aren't you just whipped into hospital put on a ventilator and an ICU and at least given a slim chance.❓

I do understand that a lot of people in care homes are very far gone with all manners of difficult illness and Covid 19 is just the final push over the edge tragically.?.

But 35% to 40% of deaths in care homes is a massive amount of people who don't seem to get near a hospital.

Last edited:
View media item 352
The Scottish ??????? government do produce a lot of other very interesting stats on a daily basis but by god the presentation is fkn dull, dull and drab.

They need to employ a graphist if thats a word.?

Last edited:
View media item 363
It looks like more testing has come on stream on Scotland??????? with over 3,000 daily tests though this needs consistency throughout the next week.

Seems we’re upping our game at last

Decent info here,cases still climbing though

Decent info here,cases still climbing though

Disappointing to see increases in Covid-19 patients in hospital and in ICU.

View media item 371Care home stats are hard to find and rather underreported.✔.

I suspect in years to come Scotland??????? and England??????? policy of sending vulnerable old people completely untested for Covid 19 to care homes in order to free up NHS beds is going to be seen as catastrophic.?

Ongoing care homes must be providing a huge headache to staff in relation to social distancing.

Scotland’s 354 local authority wards ranked in order.

I can read the pdf, on the right, but the interactive map isn't working on my phone/tablet.

View media item 376
Not the easiest graphic to read but once you get your head around it then it provides an interesting though not unexpected link between illness and depravation in Scotland. ???????

View media item 377
A very sobering cumulative graph on a very sad day just to illustrate where Scotland ??????? has come from and where Scotland ??????? is going to and how vitally important it is to avoid a second wave.

This thread has been viewed 169065 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back