• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Covid -19 Graphs Scotland

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 235
Its not a Scottish one this but its important to remember that its the elderly population that gets hardest hit and even then over 80% of people over 80 survive.

Under the age of 60 and no matter how bad you feel, statistically speaking you aren't going to die.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
View media item 235
Its not a Scottish one this but its important to remember that its the elderly population that gets hardest hit and even then over 80% of people over 80 survive.

Under the age of 60 and no matter how bad you feel, statistically speaking you aren't going to die.
Gulp

GdanskHibee

Baltic Radge
Bounce Radge
How is Poland coping?
Hard to say really. There were rumours of the virus being here way before the first official confirmed case but there was (and continues to be) a real lack of testing. Currently they say we have 750 across the country &, given its a much much weaker healthcare system than the NHS, I expect things are going to get nasty.

They did however take early preventative action with a strong message, closing everything down in one fell swoop, so the vast majority of people are taking the situation very seriously. I'm pretty impressed with just how orderly everyone is in terms of patient, spaced-out queueing at shops, chemists etc. but I guess they got lots of practice at that back in the communist era :D

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Hard to say really. There were rumours of the virus being here way before the first official confirmed case but there was (and continues to be) a real lack of testing. Currently they say we have 750 across the country &, given its a much much weaker healthcare system than the NHS, I expect things are going to get nasty.

They did however take early preventative action with a strong message, closing everything down in one fell swoop, so the vast majority of people are taking the situation very seriously. I'm pretty impressed with just how orderly everyone is in terms of patient, spaced-out queueing at shops, chemists etc. but I guess they got lots of practice at that back in the communist era :D

Hmmm that'll be the reason I'm in work upgrading modems bound for Poland so they can sit a warehouse for months . It all makes sense now

SuperTortolano

Bounce Radge
I had all the symptoms about 4-5 weeks ago. Felt like shit and had a bad cough and all the other symptoms. Went to the doctor and they swabbed me for bronchitis, wasn’t that. They just have me steroids that ended up making me itch like fuck. Felt like crap for about two weeks, but just went about my daily life. Hopefully it wasn’t this and it wasn’t spread.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 238
I guess this is going to be the same from now on as its clear Scotland growth rate in cases is fortunately moving at a lower rate than many other places.

As long as we keep to the lockdown rules that should be maintained.

I will avoid any death graphics or statistics from now on as enough gloom out there.

DarrenSQH

Bounce Radge
View media item 238
I guess this is going to be the same from now on as its clear Scotland growth rate in cases is fortunately moving at a lower rate than many other places.

As long as we keep to the lockdown rules that should be maintained.

I will avoid any death graphics or statistics from now on as enough gloom out there.

Surely that graph is the result to be expected when we have a much smaller population and smaller amount of testing

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
Surely that graph is the result to be expected when we have a much smaller population and smaller amount of testing
Its the shape of the curve that's the positive part rather than height which as you say comes from population or testing.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
I had all the symptoms about 4-5 weeks ago. Felt like shit and had a bad cough and all the other symptoms. Went to the doctor and they swabbed me for bronchitis, wasn’t that. They just have me steroids that ended up making me itch like fuck. Felt like crap for about two weeks, but just went about my daily life. Hopefully it wasn’t this and it wasn’t spread.
This covers at least a dozen folk i know including myself,you do wonder.
Getting tested is the only way to know now.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 239
Interesting developments today when much further down the line Scotland might have to look for Scottish solutions as our demographics are different from England.

First Minister for first time I have heard was projecting very far ahead talking about specific area solutions.

"Cluster hot spots" seems to be the term used a lot in the Far East but needs massives of testing to isolate problem areas.

Orkney and Western Issues could become easy to protect once mass testing and possible cluster quartintine stations get set up throughout Scotland if thats the way they go after the current firefighting is finished.

Current serious problem you would imagine is in Glasgow area.

First Minister and Health minister acknowledged our curve is behind England's which buys us time and hopefully no need in Scotland for that scary super hospital currently being built in London.

Last edited:

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
Deri Sridhar on Twitter is a good follow.

She is Professor of Public Health at Edinburgh University and seems right on the ball as to how Asians countries are right on track to clear the virus.

I think the Scottish government set up a more specific high level advice group today for use much further down the line.

There was also a lot of worry in the stats world today at how late the English figures were.

All sorts of ominous fear about the numbers but in the end happily good.

Last edited:

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
After the UK government made that catastrophic error about "herd immunity" losing about 6 weeks in planning time they seem to have upped their game considerably in increasing the staffing of the NHS and providing the neccessay equipment as all sorts of positive stats out there.

Jack

Bounce Radge
On Radio Forth at the weekend Kat had just returned from holiday in Vietnam. She'd been 'tested' 6 times one day, if I recall correctly, going between shopping malls. The test was a IR thermometer and if anyone's temperature was over x.x° they were whisked away and given the proper virus test. As she was never over we didn't find out what happened next although I would assume isolation of some sort.

Of course some Far East countries were better prepared having collectively shit themselves with SARS a few years back.

Once the millions of new testing kits become available here in the UK and the priority folk are done I'd hope we would go down a similar route.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
On Radio Forth at the weekend Kat had just returned from holiday in Vietnam. She'd been 'tested' 6 times one day, if I recall correctly, going between shopping malls. The test was a IR thermometer and if anyone's temperature was over x.x° they were whisked away and given the proper virus test. As she was never over we didn't find out what happened next although I would assume isolation of some sort.

Of course some Far East countries were better prepared having collectively shit themselves with SARS a few years back.

Once the millions of new testing kits become available here in the UK and the priority folk are done I'd hope we would go down a similar route.
I think you are right as what we are doing just now is fire fighting to buy time so the NHS isn't swamped.

Its not a solution as everything just jumps back up again once "normality" returns so you go to "lockdown" again and then get stuck in a never ending cycle.

I have the same experience in Far East and my country Malaysia take it one step further and identify a "cluster hotspot" then order compulsory quarunntine of anyone found infected in that area.

PS Who the FCK is Kat.😂

Last edited:

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 240
This is very up to date and interesting as we shouldn't be having dips.

I think the explanation given was that Scotland's curve is much further behind England and especially London and so its not yet fully developed.

A lot of ameatur statistics guys modeling are very annoyed with Public Health England as they dont give specific London figures or at least if they do they are harder to find.

It makes comparisons with Madrid, New York and of course the source at Wuhan very difficult because one of the modelling secrets is projecting when you will hit your peak.

Last edited:

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 241
Not a graphic this time. Just a picture of one selfish CNT who together with his Ma and Paw and the rest of the weans who just use Scotland as their private play ground.🤡's.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
View media item 240
This is very up to date and interesting as we shouldn't be having dips.

I think the explanation given was that Scotland's curve is much further behind England and especially London and so its not yet fully developed.

A lot of statistics guys modeling are very annoyed with Public Health England as they dont give specific London figures or at least if they do they are harder to find.

It makes comparisons with Madrid, New York and of course the source at Wuhan very difficult because one of the modelling secrets is projecting when you will hit your peak.
This boy is posting a lot of stats from around the world...

Jack

Bounce Radge
I think you are right as what we are doing just now is fire fighting to buy time so the NHS isn't swamped.

Its not a solution as everything just jumps back up again once "normality" returns so you go to "lockdown" again and then get stuck in a never ending cycle.

I have the same experience in Far East and my country Malaysia take it one step further and identify a "cluster hotspot" then order compulsory quarunntine of anyone found infected in that area.

PS Who the FCK is Kat.😂
It's Cat. I just assumed as she was a cleb type she'd spell it wrongly!

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
I had the worst chest infection I have ever had during the month of December and into January, and it lasted for 5 or 6 weeks. At times I was struggling to breathe (almost asthmatic and I have never had asthma), and the cough was horrendous. Worst period was early to mid-December. I was blocked up as well, but I didn't have a fever or anything like that, however I had to take time off my work something I have rarely done and hate doing. My dad caught it from me and his cough lasted weeks as well. I don't know if this was a forerunner to Covid-19 but the symptoms were very similar like what you had.

Last edited:
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£15.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

HibeesBounce - 18th Party