• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Covid -19 Graphs Scotland

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
its good see that graph but SG will want to keep that under wraps to avoid people retuning to normal thinking were good up here!
I think these graphs have a very long way to go and Scotland has a long lag lead time behind European countries or even England.

You would expect Scotland's curve to correlate somewhat with England but the rural population is an interesting and probably accurate reason why it might not.

It might give flexibility into lockdown in certain parts of Scotland only if it comes to that.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Bounce Radge
Agreed testing is the big recommendation and its only hospital admissions that seems to be tested.

Deaths of 10 seem very low which must be good news compared to England's 271 though London lag must play a part in that.

It is tempting for us to correlate Scotland with London which has a similar population. However London's population is crammed into a few square miles. You would have to find an area in England where there is more of a scattered population with 5 or 6 medium cities or towns....maybe Yorkshire would be more comparable

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Maybe I have missed it, but does anyone have any idea why Italy has ended up with such a high death rate ? They seemed to be the first European country to suffer from the outbreak, however there appears to be no stopping it in there to any degree, and if anything there are even more deaths occurring there ?
Possibly there is a higher elderly population in he north of Italy ? also they are a very family orientated country and many families have generations who live together, this may possibly have some bearing on it.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Bounce Radge
Maybe I have missed it, but does anyone have any idea why Italy has ended up with such a high death rate ? They seemed to be the first European country to suffer from the outbreak, however there appears to be no stopping it in there to any degree, and if anything there are even more deaths occurring there ?
Possibly there is a higher elderly population in he north of Italy ? also they are a very family orientated country and many families have generations who live together, this may possibly have some bearing on it.
No one really knows, the suggestions are a large elderly population and the fact they all kiss and hug each other every time they meet. Possibly the temperature is a factor but I don't know.

Last edited:

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Interestingly, I see quarantine is not a devolved matter.
Unless there has been some kind of agreement in this unprecedented situation to loosen a few restrictions on devolved matters, then Scotland has to wait for Downing St to say yea, or nay .
Gadgie on wi Boris yesterday mentioned 1.5 million ,in ENGLAND, with health problems that are getting letters from government. Boys made a *&*^ of it or Scotland has its own.

Admin
Gadgie on wi Boris yesterday mentioned 1.5 million ,in ENGLAND, with health problems that are getting letters from government. Boys made a *&*^ of it or Scotland has its own.
Scotland are doing it separately, sure the number is around 120,000 people up here.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Scotland are doing it separately, sure the number is around 120,000 people up here.
Cheers Mark, I think Mandy said something similar when I think of it.

GdanskHibee

Baltic Radge
Bounce Radge
If you've seen that Sky News report from inside the Bergamo hospital, then it's pretty clear. They let the virus spread early on & now the sheer number of cases is clogging up their health system. Not enough equipment & manpower for every new admission, priority given to those with a better chance of survival, average age of acute cases coming down as younger folk can hold out for longer without treatment & therefore deteriorate. It's grim & other countries are going to be seeing the same in the weeks to come.

Admin
If you've seen that Sky News report from inside the Bergamo hospital, then it's pretty clear. They let the virus spread early on & now the sheer number of cases is clogging up their health system. Not enough equipment & manpower for every new admission, priority given to those with a better chance of survival, average age of acute cases coming down as younger folk can hold out for longer without treatment & therefore deteriorate. It's grim & other countries are going to be seeing the same in the weeks to come.
How is Poland coping?

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Bounce Radge
Theres a report that Germany is seeing a flattening out of cases.
Although the boffin said he wont be certain until he has all the info on Wednesday, but it looks like its heading the right way.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 227
This tends to support the theory that Scotland's land mass and spread of population is very effective in halting the cumulative increase in cases.

Very useful if deciding whether you go for total lockdown or just specific areas.

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Bounce Radge
View media item 227
This tends to support the theory that Scotland's land mass and spread of population is very effective in halting the cumulative increase in cases.

Very useful if deciding whether you go for total lockdown or just specific areas.
I reckon it has to be total.
Trusting people to do as they should is not enough by the latest reports.
Commuters in London ( I know, not Scotland, but the same mentality exists in lesser numbers here) are packed into trains this very morning after being told not to.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
I don't really follow the English numbers but obviously am aware that London has big problem developing and seems well in advance of other English regions.

China just locked down the Wuhan area and put restrictions but not lockdown on other Chinese cities.

South Korea never locked down anywhere.

Germany seem to be going for strict restrictions everywhere but no total lockdown anywhere.

Edit:
No Bavaria are going it alone with a two week lockdown.

Italy locked down the whole country top to bottom as did Spain

USA is varied by State.

Could you lockdown London but not other English regions or could you lockdown the whole of England but not Scotland.

Or do you lock down both Scotland and England as you can't protect the border as its really just a nominal line.

You would kind of think you lock down everywhere in UK and just take the full economic and social cost but different countries reach different conclusions.

Last edited:

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 228
Scottish figures as very much up to date and very sombre reading for number of deaths being plus 4.

+83 new positive cases is worrying also.

There will be figures behind the figures and all sorts of computer projections and you cant help think listening to the gloom in the Scottish Health ministers voice that it spells anything other than big trouble.

Last edited:

brianmc

Bounce Radge
In response to the earlier question about the high numbers in Italy: I heard a guy on the radio last week suggesting it was partly down to the reasons already mentioned in this thread but also due to the fact that in lots of parts of Italy there are often 3, sometime's 4 generations of family members all living in the same home. Meaning the grandparents/older family members were much more likely to be exposed to the virus.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
Sorry all my graphs seemed to have disappeared.

I will try to recreate but I guess the flow will be lost somewhat.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
Sorry about losing the flow but that the main ones reinstated.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£15.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

HibeesBounce - 18th Party