• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Covid -19 Graphs Scotland

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
Surely it would be better if it was over 70's who have underlying health issues who are isolated from possible infection ? No way healthy folk over that age should be left in a situation with family able to visit the for that length of time. It won't hold if they try to impose it....they will know this as well.
I can see both sides to that.
My Dad is 76, is ok health wise and obv haven’t seen him in a while but dunno if i would gamble on his health by visiting him anytime in the next few months.
Garden visits maybe.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
I can see both sides to that.
My Dad is 76, is ok health wise and obv haven’t seen him in a while but dunno if i would gamble on his health by visiting him anytime in the next few months.
Garden visits maybe.
Don't see any problem with that as long as social distancing and proper cleaning is done. They are not going to be able to get away with isolating the over 70's who have no underlying health issues from family visits. No way will people adhere to that any longer beyond the next few weeks or so at best.

Last edited:

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 309
Here is another big name Sunday paper going with exactly the same spin.🤔.

The overnight British government briefing lobby has been out in force and it looks like "Herd Immunity" has won out over testing , tracing and isolation.

Obviously many many more deaths to come but beefed up NHS should cope but what a bleak outlook for over 70's (that has to be looked at) or those with underlying conditions 😥

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 310
This graph is a bit out of date but the principal is the same which is that England haven't really taken testing very serious not that the other component countries are any much better.

England🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 leads the strategy though and you cant help but feel that "herd immunity" has been the main plank of their thinking every step of the way.

No right answers but its very different to some other countries but maybe become very similar to others in time as you feel USA will go this way.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
View media item 309
Here is another big name Sunday paper going with exactly the same spin.🤔.

The overnight British government briefing lobby has been out in force and it looks like "Herd Immunity" has won out over testing , tracing and isolation.

Obviously many many more deaths to come but beefed up NHS should cope but what a bleak outlook for over 70's (that has to be looked at) or those with underlying conditions 😥
The Sunday Times and Sunday Mail widnae have needed much briefing. All the other Tory rags will fall in line and tow the Party line.

BIG G

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Bounce Radge
My granny and grandad - both in their mid eighties, with serious previous medical issues - were taken in to hospital 3 weeks ago, the following day they were both diagnosed with double pneumonia and coronavirus. My parents were told to get up there to see when whilst they could.

Last week it was confirmed they had beaten coronavirus and the pneumonia is clearing up. They need some physio and are still in hospital, but it's looking very good.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 311
Took me a while to understand this graph and its not complete with missing %'s here and there.😣.

Left hand side shows what % of the Scottish population is in the age bracket.

Right hand side shows the age demagrophic most at risk.

Doesnt add much except to reinforce that the older you are then the more at risk..

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Bounce Radge
My granny and grandad - both in their mid eighties, with serious previous medical issues - were taken in to hospital 3 weeks ago, the following day they were both diagnosed with double pneumonia and coronavirus. My parents were told to get up there to see when whilst they could.

Last week it was confirmed they had beaten coronavirus and the pneumonia is clearing up. They need some physio and are still in hospital, but it's looking very good.
Just want to update. My granny is getting out tomorrow, and my grandad a few days behind. I can't believe it. I thought we were losing them both. Nothing short of miraculous.

I go to the games with my dad and my grandad, folk on here would've seen us in the Hibs club. 3 weeks ago, I felt I would never be able to do that again. I was truly heartbroken.

God bless the NHS, and all workers doing their thing to help us get through this horrible time.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Just want to update. My granny is getting out tomorrow, and my grandad a few days behind. I can't believe it. I thought we were losing them both. Nothing short of miraculous.

I go to the games with my dad and my grandad, folk on here would've seen us in the Hibs club. 3 weeks ago, I felt I would never be able to do that again. I was truly heartbroken.

God bless the NHS, and all workers doing their thing to help us get through this horrible time.
Superb :)

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge

Great to read that.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 313
View media item 312
Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 really seems to be on the downward good news slope now especially regarding intensive care patients👍

There are 500 Intensive Care Units in Scotland and only 170 are being used so the hospitals ICU's must be 2/3 empty plus there is a brand new hospital which had to be built of course but its now just sitting their not being used.

More localised and Lothian with a population of 1 million people have all of 27 Covid-19 patients currently in intensive care. 👍✔

Really not the impression your average man in the street thinks.🤔

Its amazing the magic that governments can do simply when they get their erse in gear😉

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
View media item 313
View media item 312
Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 really seems to be on the downward good news slope now especially regarding intensive care patients👍

There are 500 Intensive Care Units in Scotland and only 170 are being used so the hospitals ICU's must be 2/3 empty plus there is a brand new hospital which had to be built of course but its now just sitting their not being used.

More localised and Lothian with a population of 1 million people have all of 27 Covid-19 patients currently in intensive care. 👍✔

Really not the impression your average man in the street thinks.🤔

Its amazing the magic that governments can do simply when they get their erse in gear😉
Encouraging news there Sam. Still one death from this is one death too many.

Rocky

Bounce Radge
View media item 314
Here is a different way of presenting the most up to date information for Lothian.
I wonder what that fatality rate represents, it doesn't seem to relate to any numbers on the chart unless I'm missing something. With deaths at 148, which is 15.9% of 931, is it perhaps saying that 783 people who were hospitalised have recovered?

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
I wonder what that fatality rate represents, it doesn't seem to relate to any numbers on the chart unless I'm missing something. With deaths at 148, which is 15.9% of 931, is it perhaps saying that 783 people who were hospitalised have recovered?
I couldn't work it out either but my thoughts are that fatality rate of 15.9%= deaths/number of positive infections * 100.

15.9% is a meaningless number though as it all depends on the amount of tests done of which there aren't many. Thousands of people will have had the virus with minimal symptoms.

Imperial College London work off a fatality rate of 0.66% so if you equate that to 148 deaths then in Lothian there would have been 22,424 positive tests.

148/22,424*100 = 0.66%.

If we live in a Lothian population of nearly 900,000 and assuming 60% to 70% will get the virus to varying degrees then 22,424 indicates the virus has a long way to run.

That 0.66% is very high though and contradicted by other studies who drop it from 0.47% down to 0.12% and then its all split by different age groups.

"Naebody has a fkn scooby" in technichal terms.😉

Last edited:

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
View media item 315
England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 (and Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 ) only but this is such a clever use of graphics to show that England has passed the peak as far as hospital admissions are concerned.✔👍

Edit: Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 are there as well.👍

Bet he could do the same if he had these Scottish 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 ambulance numbers from earlier.😉

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old