• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Corona virus on its own thread.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
I barely know who this Cummings guy is other than he is Johnson's top advisor but he is just a convenient distraction for a week or so.

England's 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 real problem is that they have a staggering number of excess tragic deaths in the region of 55,000 people, and there is still no functioning test, test, test then trace and isolate system in place.

The public are now tiring and confused by the lockdown process in England🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 and there is no clear leadership as to whether the overall objective is herd immunity by stealth or kill the outbreak through aggressive testing and isolation.😥

Scotland's🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 problem is that it might be trying to go down a different path by extending the lockdown and buying time for a more aggressive policy on stamping out the virus but has had a woefully inadequate testing system in place from Day 1 and has barely improved this 55 days later.😥

A good example of this is the Western Isles with next to no cases and protected by water but with test equipment without cartridges.
Source: Angus "Shagger" McNeil:
The local SNP MP.😥

Scotland also cant protect its borders so a little more honesty is required in admitting for all the bravado that really the overall objective ultimately is herd immunity by stealth.😥

The summer should be the time to build up Public Health infrastructure including mass testing but yet another political distraction needs to play out and all the while the triple whammy of winter flu, covid -19 , more lockdowns awaits next winter.😥
Seen ex Tory chief in Scotland saying more care home deaths in Scotland than England.She talkin shite?

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Even if he does go, he won’t really go.
Tories falling over themselves trying to defend him this morning. No wonder. He is the de facto Prime Minister. They can't afford to lose him as he is the man who pulls the strings in this government.

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Bounce Radge
Seen ex Tory chief in Scotland saying more care home deaths in Scotland than England.She talkin shite?
Up to May 10th England 23℅ Wales 25% Scotland 43% care home deaths. Apologies for being incompetent posting links or credibility of link I accessed, Slovsam would have data. In short its possibly true.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Up to May 10th England 23℅ Wales 25% Scotland 43% care home deaths. Apologies for being incompetent posting links or credibility of link I accessed, Slovsam would have data. In short its possibly true.
Is that percentages of totals or actual numbers of deaths Faither?

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Bounce Radge
Is that percentages of totals or actual numbers of deaths Faither?
Percentage, I believe in terms of numbers up till May 10th England was over 7000, Care Home Professional accessing a European study. England has the best percentage in Europe. Again how reliable the source is, I don't know.

SlovSam

Bounce Radge
I can't think of any reason why care home deaths in Scotland's 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 per head of population should be any higher than Englands🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.

Its the same virus which doesn't respect borders and both countries were following exactly the same disastrous policy of releasing possible Covid 19 patients out of hospital to free up NHS beds.😣

Lockdown started at the same time and Scottish NHS beds for Intensive Care Units were always just that bit higher than England's 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿so there was no reason to over release.

I don't have numbers but usually what politicians do is cherry pick numbers at a certain date but one set of numbers isn't up to date and then they make a song and dance about it.

London weighting in the general population as Jack says and a higher proportion of ethnic minorities in England who seem particularly prone to this virus will also be factors.

Mathematically though if you have the same population base in the same type of care home, cared for by similar low paid staff😣 and both governments are following the same policies while being attacked by the same virus then both countries should be much the same as obviously Covid 19 doesnt differentiate between countries.🤔

Last edited:

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Given the infection rate in England is heavily skewed by the cases amongst the general population in London, I think its perfectly likely that the care home rate is so relatively high in Scotland.

Jack

Bounce Radge
Its been debunked but the only reference I can find to it is behind a password protected site.

It was the case, at least until recently, England & Wales were counting differently from the way we were and as a result we were higher.

"In replying to criticisms regarding the care home death rate in Scotland, the FM referred to a new study published by the London School of Economics. This paper was written by Adelina Comas-Herrera and Jose-Luis Fernández of the Care Policy and Evaluation Centre, in the Department of Health Policy, at London School of Economics and Political Science (available on LSE website). It was published on 12 May.

The LSE study does not rely on counting registered deaths but instead calculates total excess mortality - over the rolling five-year average - in care homes in England and Wales, since 28 December 2019. This comes to 19,038, or 46% of all excess mortality in England and Wales. However, the LSE study points out that around of 15% of deaths among care home residents take place after they have been transferred to hospital.

Adjusting this by this factor, the LSE scientists found that by 1 May 2020 the total excess deaths among care home residents was actually 22,000. That is 54% of all excess mortality in England and Wales – an absolute majority. Note: this figure is significantly higher than the figures from the ONS based on death certificates alone, as it reflects indirect as well as direct impacts of COVID-19 on mortality.

Last edited:

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Its been debunked but the only reference I can find to it is behind a password protected site.

It was the case, at least until recently, England & Wales were counting differently from the way we were and as a result we were higher.

"In replying to criticisms regarding the care home death rate in Scotland, the FM referred to a new study published by the London School of Economics. This paper was written by Adelina Comas-Herrera and Jose-Luis Fernández of the Care Policy and Evaluation Centre, in the Department of Health Policy, at London School of Economics and Political Science (available on LSE website). It was published on 12 May.

The LSE study does not rely on counting registered deaths but instead calculates total excess mortality - over the rolling five-year average - in care homes in England and Wales, since 28 December 2019. This comes to 19,038, or 46% of all excess mortality in England and Wales. However, the LSE study points out that around of 15% of deaths among care home residents take place after they have been transferred to hospital.

Adjusting this by this factor, the LSE scientists found that by 1 May 2020 the total excess deaths among care home residents was actually 22,000. That is 54% of all excess mortality in England and Wales – an absolute majority. Note: this figure is significantly higher than the figures from the ONS based on death certificates alone, as it reflects indirect as well as direct impacts of COVID-19 on mortality.
So Ruth’s just a fuckin slaver?Thanks for the confirmation

Rocky

Bounce Radge
I take it that the Scottish Government doing similar will be explained to me. People fired into care homes from hospitals . Throughout the UK, whether having negative tests or not even tested. It is not rocket science to get evidence that they were negligent, mislead by the Science of course. Will avoid Off the Ball, lickspitle, Jason Leitch to Sturgeon. Fuck that. Between the so called Scientific/Medical advisors in the UK and Scotland, paid by their paymasters, having become as evasive as the politicians, and given a free ride by the rotten MSM.

BIG G
How do you know my post wasn't about Scottish government, I didn't specify?

Anyway, you're right, I was talking about UK government. The Scottish government don't get a free pass on this either but I do make allowance for the fact that have their hands partly tied behind their back. I personally don't believe that if we were an independent nation the same guidance would have been put in place. Others will choose to believe differently and that's entirely their prerogative.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Bounce Radge
Better news today number wise.
We “Protected the NHS” but feels off the way care homes were abandoned...
View attachment 2668
The NHS is funded by the Government and it's their responsibility to look after the staff and inmates. Care homes are funded by payments from residents and should have made sufficient provision from their huge profits but they didnt. Instead they handed out massive dividends to their shareholders and pleaded poverty while blaming the Goverment.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
The NHS is funded by the Government and it's their responsibility to look after the staff and inmates. Care homes are funded by payments from residents and should have made sufficient provision from their huge profits but they didnt. Instead they handed out massive dividends to their shareholders and pleaded poverty while blaming the Goverment.
The main issue was putting pensioners with covid symptoms from hospitals into care homes without testing them,that’s on the Gov mate.
Obv the care homes should have had suitable PPE equipment but during a worldwide shortage you’re relying on your own Gov to help you,they failed on the help.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Bounce Radge
I seem to remember Graeme Souness was a major investor in these granny farms.
Pure altruism obviously.

Reactions: Dub

Jack

Bounce Radge
The main issue was putting pensioners with covid symptoms from hospitals into care homes without testing them,that’s on the Gov mate.
Obv the care homes should have had suitable PPE equipment but during a worldwide shortage you’re relying on your own Gov to help you,they failed on the help.
Was there a shortage though or was that false information being put out there. UK companies were exporting the damn stuff throughout the so called shortages claiming no-one from our government had been in touch.

There were shortages at the front line but according to the Army that was because the civvies in charge of distribution were crap at it!

Scotland and other devolved nations had a problem when Public Health England said stuff should only be supplied to English care homes. PHE were/are responsible for coordinating UK provision although I see the NHS Scotland appears to have ordering it's own supplies more recently.

Jack

Bounce Radge
It's all lies say the liars!

Number 10 statement issued on Saturday evening

"Yesterday the Mirror and Guardian wrote inaccurate stories about Mr Cummings.

"Today they are writing more inaccurate stories including claims that Mr Cummings returned to Durham after returning to work in Downing street on 14 April. We will not waste our time answering a stream of false allegations about Mr Cummings from campaigning newspapers."

Does anyone else think Trump has joined their press team?

jock3

Bounce Radge
The lesson is don't privatise the Care industry! I remember my maw spending her life savings on a care home.

paigntonhibby

Bounce Radge
Possibly the care homes could have refused to take them but if there's money involved the profit sign rules

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old