• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Hibs Kids In Hospital - Thank You NHS Shirt Donation

Qries

Corona virus on its own thread.

Westside Green

Bounce Radge
Anybody saw the video supposedly showing full looking body bags all over the floor in a London hospital? I hope it's a very sick joke

Two Headed Boy

Bounce Radge
The New Zealand Health Minister calls himself 'an idiot' ,for visiting the beach during lockdown.
What is it with these people?
Their PM was on the wireless yesterday joking about the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny being given key worker status. Cute, but my daughter heard it and asked me why the Easter Bunny was on the news, I explained, and now she's convinced the Easter Bunny is going to get Coronavirus and won't stop talking about it.

Last edited:

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Bounce Radge
Their PM was on the wireless yesterday joking about the Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny being given key worker status. Cute, but my daughter heard it and asked me why the Easter Bunny was on the news, I explained, and now she's convinced the Easter Bunny is going to get Coronavirus and won't stop talking about it.
Google Myxomatosis and show her that - she'll soon see the bunnies have already had their version of Covid-19. If the Easter Bunny got through that, then there's very few things to worry about.

Although Easter itself brings some risks.

Nex

Bounce Radge
That's Japan finally gone to "state of emergency" in Tokyo, Osaka, fukuoka and surrounding prefectures.

Probably safe to say their response while not as dire as some was probably held off a bit in the hopes things weren't going to be that serious and take out the Olympics.

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
Watched the lamentable Question Time. A right wing Tory and a right wing Labour person talking guff.

Darren McGarvey, and the splendid Ruby Wax were the only ones who made any sense at all.

BIG G

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Admin
Watched the lamentable Question Time. A right wing Tory and a right wing Labour person talking guff.

Darren McGarvey, and the splendid Ruby Wax were the only ones who made any sense at all.

BIG G
The Horizon documentary about the Virus at 9.pm on BBC 2 following this was superb in my opinion.

BIG G

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin

Jack

Bounce Radge
I've got a bit of a quandary here guys and would like to know what you think.

My darling wife is in the shielding group. It's a real pain in the arse but I'm obviously more than happy to go along with the restrictions it places on us. She's is a keen but frustrated walker as she's not able to get out. Me not so much but I'd like to go out for a wee wander now and again.

The letter says I'm still allowed out and I do go out for work and take that opportunity to get the messages in. I come home and get a good sterilization!

Should I go out for walks or should I stay in showing solidarity with her plight?

I've stayed in so far.

Jack

Bounce Radge
2/ Vaccines; Apparently a year or so away at best, however I have a feeling due to the total devastation this virus has caused worldwide that there will be a concerted and massively well funded effort across the globe to get a vaccine ready substantially quicker than is currently being talked about. I'm not a medical person or a scientist though so perhaps this is just wishful thinking on my part. When a vaccine is approved, we then have the not inconsiderable task I would have thought, of vaccinating 60 million people. How long would that take ?
I've copied this part of your post over here Greenmachine as I didn't want to go off topic on the other thread. Goodness knows what your notification will say. I might even break the Bounce!

You're right about vaccines, they're a long way off.

There are however positive noises coming from medical people about drugs that are already on the market that are being used for other medical conditions. These could be used to alleviate the symptoms of covid meaning fewer people die and making it more likely people will recover more quickly and with less NHS input.

aggie

Justified Radge
Bounce Radge
I've copied this part of your post over here Greenmachine as I didn't want to go off topic on the other thread. Goodness knows what your notification will say. I might even break the Bounce!

You're right about vaccines, they're a long way off.

There are however positive noises coming from medical people about drugs that are already on the market that are being used for other medical conditions. These could be used to alleviate the symptoms of covid meaning fewer people die and making it more likely people will recover more quickly and with less NHS input.
As to @Greenmachine 's question "When a vaccine is approved, we then have the not inconsiderable task I would have thought, of vaccinating 60 million people. How long would that take ?"

Put it in the beer, and it'll take about 5hrs! Because sure as shit as soon as they lift the pub ban, the entire UK is going for a pint.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 18 Years Old