Corona virus on its own thread.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Reaction score
Anybody else done the antibody’s tests

My wife did it at the end of isolating for covid, at the request of the NHS or whoever. It told her she had antibodies as a result of either having vaccine or having disease. Not very insightful but I presume they get more detail which they don't share, or that it's more useful in aggregate over a larger sample.

Hibee Kev

Private Member
Reaction score
Anybody else done the antibody’s tests
I had to do one when I was in Nigeria last September, pin prick test, before they would allow me to leave my accommodation. Showed I had the antibodies but didn't reveal whether this was a result of having had the virus or from the vaccine (think I was double jabbed at this point).

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Reaction score
There's no point in those warnings really, not sure why they're still doing them.

"Warning, your kid has been in close contact with someone with Covid. We are taking no further action and recommend you do nothing." - that's basically what you get, about 48 hours after you find out via the parents on WhatsApp that there are 8 kids off with it.
Delighted my kids are too old for me to be involved in school gate whatsapp group chats.

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Will depend how far on they are with the vaccine🤷‍♂️

Denmark are at 80% (ish) fully vaccinated (which I don’t think includes the booster).

Suppose the more relevant question to us in Scotland is why then are the Scottish government not making the same decision? Given we’re at 91%.

Beagle

Donator
Private Member
Reaction score
Denmark are at 80% (ish) fully vaccinated (which I don’t think includes the booster).

Suppose the more relevant question to us in Scotland is why then are the Scottish government not making the same decision? Given we’re at 91%.
Who’s to say the Danes are doing the right thing?

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score

I have antibodies , fully vaccinated and had covid . I’ve been told it reduces my chance of re-catching it or passing it on , but not guarenteed I’ll still wear a mask in shops etc , doesn’t bother me at all 🤷‍♂️

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I have antibodies , fully vaccinated and had covid . I’ve been told it reduces my chance of re-catching it or passing it on , but not guarenteed I’ll still wear a mask in shops etc , doesn’t bother me at all 🤷‍♂️

Same here - three vaccines, still caught it, and now have antibodies.

I’m not really bothered about masks either. But I think we need to be moving away from rules and legal requirements to public health advice.

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Who’s to say the Danes are doing the right thing?

Who’s to say they’re not? Kinda the point in discussing it, or at least expecting our government to.

Beagle

Donator
Private Member
Reaction score
Who’s to say they’re not? Kinda the point in discussing it, or at least expecting our government to.
The Scottish government has taken a far more cautious approach than most. The fact that I’m double vaccinated, boosted and haven’t caught Covid is testament to that approach and my own precautions.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Reaction score
Indeed. Be interesting to see how quickly the rest of Europe follow.

I expect most will wait to see how it goes in Denmark first.

Problem is if a worse variant comes along and we've still done nothing to actually "live with" the virus, we'll really be fecked.

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
The Scottish government has taken a far more cautious approach than most. The fact that I’m double vaccinated, boosted and haven’t caught Covid is testament to that approach and my own precautions.

The fact I’m double vaccinated and boosted and still caught it is testament that trying to control this thing is impossible.

Living with it is the way forward IMO.

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I expect most will wait to see how it goes in Denmark first.

Problem is if a worse variant comes along and we've still done nothing to actually "live with" the virus, we'll really be fecked.

I suspect you’re right on that, hopefully Denmark’s decision goes well and can set an example to other countries

Despite them taking a less cautions approach than Scotland throughout this pandemic, they’ve recorded 3,674 deaths compared to our 12,823… living with it has to be the way forward, as extreme caution doesn’t appear to be all that effective.

Adapting vaccines to any future variants will be key.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Reaction score
I suspect you’re right on that, hopefully Denmark’s decision goes well and can set an example to other countries

Despite them taking a less cautions approach than Scotland throughout this pandemic, they’ve recorded 3,674 deaths compared to our 12,823… living with it has to be the way forward, as extreme caution doesn’t appear to be all that effective.

Adapting vaccines to any future variants will be key.

Did they take a less cautious approach? They locked down a lot earlier at the start.

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Did they take a less cautious approach? They locked down a lot earlier at the start.

They did, and subsequently came out of lockdown earlier. The seem to have adopted more curfews than lockdowns throughout.

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Day 8 for me isolating. My lateral flow is still positive.

Mine was clear after day 6 and 7, but I still felt like I had a bit of a flu so ended up isolating for the full 10 days.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 243561 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£60.00