Corona virus on its own thread.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
July Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £35.00

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
Probably due to schools returning, unfortunately. The big increase is among 0-14 year old.

Going to be a long year...
I’d imagine newco vid will also mean an increase.
The morons ‘celebrating’ with their drooling chums in the Weedge and various enclaves around our country, before going home to pump their sisters and mothers is bound to increase infections and do no favours to the gene pool.

I appreciate the above may be distasteful and upsetting although probably factually correct.
I’ll take the ban.

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
According to 10 oclovk news, Scotland is levelling out 👀

Definitely increasing although it's only a few days, could easily drop again.
Screenshot_20210312-230915_Chrome.jpg

The worrying thing is the spread in u14s in the last 7 days:
Screenshot_20210312-231024_Chrome.jpg

Compare to percentages overall since last March:
Screenshot_20210312-230945_Chrome.jpg

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Probably due to schools returning, unfortunately. The big increase is among 0-14 year old.

Going to be a long year...
Professor Linda Bauld, one of the top scientific advisors to the scottish government, said today she is confident we will be more or less back to normal by the summer. I think so as well.

Jack

Professor Linda Bauld, one of the top scientific advisors to the scottish government, said today she is confident we will be more or less back to normal by the summer. I think so as well.
It must be pretty much the first time I've disagreed with her.

I'm hopeful, optimistic that things are open for the summer, my birthday pints and meals! But it won't be normal as normal used to be.

I'll bore everyone to death with my mantra of anyone that predicts anything more than a fortnight in advance with this wee bastard of a virus is likely to be wrong.

In isolation the UK is doing fantastically well but this is a global pandemic and the rest of the world is basically shit at it. Daily infections are back up to almost 500k a day this week from 300k a month or so ago. And therin lies the problem - we're not properly in isolation.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I'll bore everyone to death with my mantra of anyone that predicts anything more than a fortnight in advance with this wee bastard of a virus is likely to be wrong
She's not really predicting the virus though, she's predicting the vaccine rollout. Given that the stated aim is to have all adults vaccinated by end July (and I reckon it'll be much sooner) why wouldn't things be more or less normal by summer?

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca

I hope so but it's not guaranteed. All it would take is a new variant which the vaccines are not as effective with and we're back to square 1 with regards vaccinating the population.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
If we don’t see any fallout after last weekend’s shenanigans, I’ll be very surprised, but if we don’t, does that mean there’s fuckall tae worry about?

Jack

She's not really predicting the virus though, she's predicting the vaccine rollout. Given that the stated aim is to have all adults vaccinated by end July (and I reckon it'll be much sooner) why wouldn't things be more or less normal by summer?
We've been telt often enough that the vaccine is only part of the solution. The vaccine is great and predictable both in terms of efficacy and roll out, so far. Given its brand new there's still stuff to learn.

The virus has only been predictable in its unpredictability. We almost had its ass whipped last summer only for, among others things, the more transmissible Kent variant to come along and then the the Brazilian one (among the 1,000s of variants those two caused real concern and fucked things up a bit).

I'm hoping things are more normal but I still think that will be quite far from normal, I'm thinking last summers normal.

Summer for me is summer holidays abroad, going to pre season friendlies and the league cup, meeting mates in the pub to watch Scotland playing England in the Euros, folk going to festivals, our Edinburgh festivals, getting up from sitting outside the pub at 10 to go inside.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
We've been telt often enough that the vaccine is only part of the solution. The vaccine is great and predictable both in terms of efficacy and roll out, so far. Given its brand new there's still stuff to learn.

The virus has only been predictable in its unpredictability. We almost had its ass whipped last summer only for, among others things, the more transmissible Kent variant to come along and then the the Brazilian one (among the 1,000s of variants those two caused real concern and fucked things up a bit).

I'm hoping things are more normal but I still think that will be quite far from normal, I'm thinking last summers normal.

Summer for me is summer holidays abroad, going to pre season friendlies and the league cup, meeting mates in the pub to watch Scotland playing England in the Euros, folk going to festivals, our Edinburgh festivals, getting up from sitting outside the pub at 10 to go inside.
I reckon summer holidays abroad are out and I don't think we'll have many (if any) foreign tourists at the festivals (which I reckon will happen in some form or other), and I think Scotland v England will be too early. But I bet the rest of it will be fine by August - loser buys the first round!

Jack

I reckon summer holidays abroad are out and I don't think we'll have many (if any) foreign tourists at the festivals (which I reckon will happen in some form or other), and I think Scotland v England will be too early. But I bet the rest of it will be fine by August - loser buys the first round!
Only if its indoors :beer-1-prv:

Greenmachine

It's all down to when they decide that social distancing is no longer required.

Jack

I've got two main bank accounts. One has my main money in it, it rarely leaves the house, the other is for day to day use like withdrawing cash to get a round in!

I've just received a letter from the bank saying its been some time since I've used the day to day card, do I still need it? How shit is that that I've never needed cash in over a year? 😭

And I've still got about £200 in cash in the house that's been nowhere and going nowhere!

YES I need the card! Nicola Sturgeon has indicated I might have to buy @Rocky a pint. :happydance:

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here