Corona virus on its own thread.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
takeaway tonight. Mediterranean Grill.
Lamb Gyro, homestyle potatoes, greek salad.
wee Pinot to wash it doon.
barry
ATL YLT

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I think they are doing it by postcode in West Lothian. I was joined in the queue by no less than 5 of my neighbours!!!

Rocky

Private Member
Reaction score
I see it's been announced that the JCVI prioritisation will continue to be based on age so they're moving on to the 40-49 age group once the over 50s are done.

Selfishly pleased to be potentially getting it before end of April but would have preferred if they'd prioritised teachers / bus drivers / supermarket workers etc though. I can understand why they haven't, keeping it simple and battering through it makes more sense in many ways than getting bogged down in an admin process. The NHS knows our ages, it doesn't know our occupations, and even HMRC doesn't know our occupations (they can't tell the difference between a front line Tesco worker in a shop or an admin assistant in an office for example).

aggie

Justified Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I see it's been announced that the JCVI prioritisation will continue to be based on age so they're moving on to the 40-49 age group once the over 50s are done.

Selfishly pleased to be potentially getting it before end of April but would have preferred if they'd prioritised teachers / bus drivers / supermarket workers etc though. I can understand why they haven't, keeping it simple and battering through it makes more sense in many ways than getting bogged down in an admin process. The NHS knows our ages, it doesn't know our occupations, and even HMRC doesn't know our occupations (they can't tell the difference between a front line Tesco worker in a shop or an admin assistant in an office for example).
100% agree. Speed is the #1 priority.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Private Member
Reaction score
When is it the over 60’s get jabbed?

Rocky

Private Member
Reaction score
I think they're already underway - the 65-69 year olds are nearly finished (first doses) according to this:

Pretty sure that groups 6 & 7 of table below are happening now and I think all over 50s are supposed to have been invited for their first jag by 15 April.
  1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
  2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
  3. all those 75 years of age and over
  4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
  5. all those 65 years of age and over
  6. all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
  7. all those 60 years of age and over
  8. all those 55 years of age and over
  9. all those 50 years of age and over

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I think they're already underway - the 65-69 year olds are nearly finished (first doses) according to this:

Pretty sure that groups 6 & 7 of table below are happening now and I think all over 50s are supposed to have been invited for their first jag by 15 April.
  1. residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
  2. all those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
  3. all those 75 years of age and over
  4. all those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
  5. all those 65 years of age and over
  6. all individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality
  7. all those 60 years of age and over
  8. all those 55 years of age and over
  9. all those 50 years of age and over
How long between getting informed and actually getting jabbed?

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
Thats my group.

I think for most of us it will be a bit of a wait, in terms of how quickly other groups were completed. Group 6 has something like 1.7 million in it and at the moment jabs are at a relative trickle of 26k a day!

Once it pricks up again, next week hopefully, there will be an increasing number of first jabbers needing their second jab.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 248701 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75