Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Reaction score
Since I've retired I've had a wee bit of extra time on my hands to while away the hours between cruises :-)

Among other things I've taken to playing a couple of games on my mobile devices. I play a racing game, Real Racing 3 known to a couple of Bouncers and WGT Golf played by at least one other Bouncer.

The golf reminds me of the real thing! It's so bloody frustrating with fucked up drives/the rough/lipped out putts and don't mention the bunkers :-), the better shots inspire me to become consistently better. I really enjoy it in a golfing masochistic way.

There's something like 3 million downloads a year and despite all those people playing I regularly hit the top 100 in competition!!! And win virtually something that's actually worth nothing most weeks lol

It's taken almost a couple of years to get where I am steadily building up kit to reach this stage. A couple of £10 Play Store vouchers helped. To acquire the stage I'm at now, buying clubs and stuff, if it was possible to do it right away, it would cost around £400 in real money! lol

Much the same with the racing game but they've taken the money game to another level. The value of my 'garage' in real money, the buy it now price, is over £1,000 (I've not even used a voucher by the way) and I'm barely one third through the fucker! It's now virtually impossible to progress without spending real money.

I read an article recently by some guy/mug that had spent real money and completed the game, he didn't say how much he'd spent. What he did say was that having taken a 3 month break from the game and then gone back to it, it would cost him a minimum of £3,600 in real money to complete it again buying the cars that had been released in time he was away!

I remember when you bought a game for the Commodore 64 it was about a fiver ... and then we moved on through Sonic etc and games over the counter reached the dizzy heights of £50+.

Both Real Racing 3 and WGT are free to download.

Fortnite has just grossed its first £billion. I don't think it's been out a year yet!

Last edited:

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
The freemium model is making the games industry a bomb. I don't actually mind it as the option to pay nothing is always there.

What really boils my pish though is when you shell out £40 for a full price game on a PS4 etc... And they still fill the thing with micro transactions to unlock the full experience.

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
The freemium model is making the games industry a bomb. I don't actually mind it as the option to pay nothing is always there.

What really boils my pish though is when you shell out £40 for a full price game on a PS4 etc... And they still fill the thing with micro transactions to unlock the full experience.
Yep they're all at it - greed! On FIFA on the PS4 you have the Ultimate Team mode which I don't play but is geared towards those mirco purchases you mention. I just play the straightforward online leagues which is a level playing field and your performance can't be improved by online purchases. Very much hoping Santa brings me the 2019 version.... or Red Dead Redemption 2.... :pray:

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
My partner got me a SNES mini for my birthday earlier in the year (best present ever). Super Ghouls n Ghosts must be the toughest games ever made! Maddeningly difficult.

vasco de gama

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
To me the financial cost of computer games just seems like any other hobby choice be it going to the football, collecting records, joining a real golf club, customising real cars, or doing loads of drink or drugs. As long as you are smart enough to work out and stick to a budget the hobby should be fine albeit a bit antisocial.

I never really gotten into computer games despite being constantly exposed to them for the past 45 or so years. My grandad had one of those consoles you plugged into the TV back in the 1970s where you played tennis, football, and really early versions of asteroids etc. Then I got an 8 bit home computer called a ZX Spectrum in 1982 which you plugged a cassette player into to play computer games with. My pals had a Commodore 64 and I got access to an Apple II in 1983 as part of a computer geek course at High School. We got taken to IBM in London and research facilities at various Universities where we were taught basic coding etc - I was primed to be at the cutting edge of computing / gaming but instead I got into music and haven’t owned any sort of gaming device since 1985.
This Christmas I’m getting my 7 year old an old skool ninetendo that comes with Donkey Kong, Mario, Zelda etc. I’m predicting I’ll be thoroughly addicted by Boxing Day.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com

West Lothian Hibee

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
East Calder, West Lothian, United Kingdom
Since I've retired I've had a wee bit of extra time on my hands to while away the hours between cruises :-)

Among other things I've taken to playing a couple of games on my mobile devices. I play a racing game, Real Racing 3 known to a couple of Bouncers and WGT Golf played by at least one other Bouncer.

The golf reminds me of the real thing! It's so bloody frustrating with fucked up drives/the rough/lipped out putts and don't mention the bunkers :-), the better shots inspire me to become consistently better. I really enjoy it in a golfing masochistic way.

There's something like 3 million downloads a year and despite all those people playing I regularly hit the top 100 in competition!!! And win virtually something that's actually worth nothing most weeks lol

It's taken almost a couple of years to get where I am steadily building up kit to reach this stage. A couple of £10 Play Store vouchers helped. To acquire the stage I'm at now, buying clubs and stuff, if it was possible to do it right away, it would cost around £400 in real money! lol

Much the same with the racing game but they've taken the money game to another level. The value of my 'garage' in real money, the buy it now price, is over £1,000 (I've not even used a voucher by the way) and I'm barely one third through the fucker! It's now virtually impossible to progress without spending real money.

I read an article recently by some guy/mug that had spent real money and completed the game, he didn't say how much he'd spent. What he did say was that having taken a 3 month break from the game and then gone back to it, it would cost him a minimum of £3,600 in real money to complete it again buying the cars that had been released in time he was away!

I remember when you bought a game for the Commodore 64 it was about a fiver ... and then we moved on through Sonic etc and games over the counter reached the dizzy heights of £50+.

Both Real Racing 3 and WGT are free to download.

Fortnite has just grossed its first £billion. I don't think it's been out a year yet!
Re Fortnite. Been out since July last year. Best thing about it is unlike FIFA etc spending money gives you no advantage over those who don't as the only things you can buy are cosmetic.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Yep they're all at it - greed! On FIFA on the PS4 you have the Ultimate Team mode which I don't play but is geared towards those mirco purchases you mention. I just play the straightforward online leagues which is a level playing field and your performance can't be improved by online purchases. Very much hoping Santa brings me the 2019 version.... or Red Dead Redemption 2.... :pray:
Ultimate team is a ****.
Mind when it first came out, I was a daft wee fanny and I think over the course of the first 2 years.. 2 Fifas cost 100 quid and then probably spent about 600 quid over the 2 years buying packs.
Getting fuck all.

Still play ultimate team, but don't put anything in. But it's geared towards the wee radgies, actual seasons mode definitely plays better.
But I do enjoy using my own team.

Reactions: Jamie and Hibee Kev

West Lothian Hibee

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Ultimate team is a ****.
Mind when it first came out, I was a daft wee fanny and I think over the course of the first 2 years.. 2 Fifas cost 100 quid and then probably spent about 600 quid over the 2 years buying packs.
Getting fuck all.

Still play ultimate team, but don't put anything in. But it's geared towards the wee radgies, actual seasons mode definitely plays better.
But I do enjoy using my own team.
For not putting any cash in that is some team you've got there mate. I'm the same still play it but don't use any real money on it.

Hammi

Top radge
Administrator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Edinburgh, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
For not putting any cash in that is some team you've got there mate. I'm the same still play it but don't use any real money on it.
Cheers, managed to get a decent team then sold up when my players all spiked, near doubled my money, so stayed away a month then came back once it settled.
Squad builders are where it's at now, in the last week I've had De Bruyne and Salah, sold all my bench and wound up affording Messi.

Sure I still owe you a game? Will sort that out

Also, your teams no bad either. Your front 3 are a nightmare.

Last edited:

West Lothian Hibee

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Cheers, managed to get a decent team then sold up when my players all spiked, near doubled my money, so stayed away a month then came back once it settled.
Squad builders are where it's at now, in the last week I've had De Bruyne and Salah, sold all my bench and wound up affording Messi.

Sure I still owe you a game? Will sort that out

Also, your teams no bad either. Your front 3 are a nightmare.
Nice one. Cheers invested well in one's to watch players. Aye will need to get a game soon. Still got 27 to go this weekend

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel