• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Community Jollity

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
As if getting stuck in the house for weeks wasn’t bad enough.

I see there have been some instances where neighbours all join in communal line dances or ‘do the slosh’ (still maintaining ‘social distancing) whilst singing along to 70’s hits. Or would-be night club singers get the badly tuned geetah out and do a bit of serenading from the garden.

Any of that starts in my near proximity and I’m turning the fcukin hose on them.

Does that sort of shit raise your morale fellow Bouncers? (The singing and dancing I mean, not drenching the fcukers)

Is it just another sign that I’m a miserable cantankerous old git or do others find all the community singing and dancing just a bit shit?

I'm with you – I've seen the dancing in the street stuff, and nothing would fill me with more horror than being expected to participate. For me, it's akin to when folk try to physically drag me out of my seat at weddings to dance, because I "should be enjoying myself"; which ignores utterly the fact that I was enjoying myself perfectly well having a pint and a chat, and now I am very much not enjoying myself being made a spectacle of.

In fact, if you're reading this and you're one of those folk, take a step back and you might realise that your version of enjoyment does not correspond to everyone else's, and in particular forced enjoyment is not enjoyment at all, by definition.

I think it started with good intent.
now it just seems to be about getting social media 'likes'.
contrived bollocks. stay inside, drink a glass o red and shut the feck up.

Big fan of the Thursday night clap that most of my immediate neighbours seemed to partake in. Sure the NHS and keyworkers appreciate it. My door remained firmly shut though. F that for a laugh, bantz with the neighbours and community spirit. Blondie across the road would definitely get it tho and her next door is surely worth a skelp.

God Bless ?

6220A764-2FF3-4F9B-97A4-24B3995F597D.jpeg
Says it all

Sick of hearing about joe wicks..whoever the heck he is

Oh and the video of the guy running a marathon on his veranda and the other one running around his garden....please keep them to yourself!

And take all these cookery programmes away please...no way am I likely to be making all that stuff if I had family around...but even less so being on my won!

And while we are at it got fed up of programmes telling me to go to Australia, or seeing some clowns checking each others b&bs or holding dinner parties, or ....ah wait a minute im off track now and being moany...just get rid of most daytime tv please and erm give us free access to blockbuster movies...

Last edited:
Big fan of the Thursday night clap that most of my immediate neighbours seemed to partake in. Sure the NHS and keyworkers appreciate it. My door remained firmly shut though. F that for a laugh, bantz with the neighbours and community spirit. Blondie across the road would definitely get it tho and her next door is surely worth a skelp.

God Bless ?

With you on the first part about clapping, ill take your word for it in regard to the blonde and assume it isn't a guy! I do wonder how long it gets though before people get tired of all the applause and thankfulness. Don't get me wrong, we should be thankful to people doing a fantastic job under very strained conditions, whether that is in a hospital or trying to deal with awkward customers in a supermarket.

But now we are seeing grateful posts for everyone "out there" in the thick of it. BBC Wales for example are showing support for the bin men. I haven't yet heard a shout out for security workers but I am sure it will come. No what I mean is that many many people who are being asked to stay home, don't actually want to be there, they want to be out contributing to society and importantly, bringing home wages for their family. Soon people will see their incomes reduced or dry up completely and wonder what the point sitting at home is doing. Sure they can go out now and volunteer, but they end up doing for free the jobs they see others getting paid to do.

Sadly no answer is easy. The herd mentality that Sweden are trying will be interesting to observe. Even though they are asking people to not gather in groups it is pretty much business as usual. If this is shown to have no more difference between their death rates and other counties, people will be asking why cant we get back to work. If it goes the other way, people at home will find it easier to simply wait it out.

Three months may not seem long, but it can have a catastrophic effect on employment in the country. On the other hand, can we afford to have hospitals inundated with admissions? No easy answers but all the line dancing in the world isn't going to help if we slip down an economical black hole

Joe Wicks is doing a tremendous job keeping kids active with many adults joining in as well. Immediate health benefits for millions probably at a time when mental and physical health is at great risk ✅.

I don’t know much about him so will refrain from calling him a south east of England w@nk.

Last edited:
Sick of hearing about joe wicks..whoever the heck he is

Oh and the video of the guy running a marathon on his veranda and the other one running around his garden....please keep them to yourself!

And take all these cookery programmes away please...no way am I likely to be making all that stuff if I had family around...but even less so being on my won!

And while we are at it got fed up of programmes telling me to go to Australia, or seeing some clowns checking each others b&bs or holding dinner parties, or ....ah wait a minute im off track now and being moany...just get rid of most daytime tv please and erm give us free access to blockbuster movies...
My wife has taken to baking.
Never baked fuck all in our 40 years wedded bliss.
I hope they do a fucking post mortem on me and dont simply blame it on Covid 19......

I glad I don't live in the Banana Flats, they seem to be going even more mental than usual.

I nipped out for a fag at the time of last Thursday's clapathon and the girl that plays the bagpipes, at least I think it's her, was doing her thing. I thought that was a bit special.

I was supposed to be in Benalmadina just now with a few guys, Mrs Jack is under full house arrest till the end of June. Aye its pretty shite.

Oh aye and that Irish *&*^ hasn't given us our refund yet. Wee shite!

Back to feeling mellow now or I have been if Mrs Jack hadn't found the Wii Fucking Fit!

It's the "look at me" age we live in. Social media gives a ready made stage for insatiable attention seekers everywhere who want the whole world to see and hear what they are doing. Agree with Aggie about contrived enjoyment. People assume if you are a bit reserved and quiet at a party that somehow you are a miserable bassa who is having a shit time, when it's exactly the opposite.

Last edited:
The clapping is contrived bollocks.

My wife has taken to baking.
Never baked fuck all in our 40 years wedded bliss.
I hope they do a fucking post mortem on me and dont simply blame it on Covid 19....
Mines just telt me she disnae work in Woolies any more when I gave Her 30p and asked her tae get me a mixture oot the pick’n’mix.

I'm not a happy clapper, brother goes in for a 12 hour shift today dressed as a storm trooper, worst part wearing the clobber is the heat and thirst. His wife is a senior nurse in same hospital. Fuck the clapping and give them the tools to do their jobs. Told them I'd never give them the clap. Thank feck our mother gave us a sense of humour.

Brothers happy to get a medal though, one more than Craig Levein. Teehee.

I'm not a happy clapper, brother goes in for a 12 hour shift today dressed as a storm trooper, worst part wearing the clobber is the heat and thirst. His wife is a senior nurse in same hospital. Fuck the clapping and give them the tools to do their jobs. Told them I'd never give them the clap. Thank feck our mother gave us a sense of humour.
Thanks D'O'H! your example is one of hundreds of thousands out there, and the reason for my earlier post. (my work is frontline NHS, though Im lucky enough to be in the rear wi the gear - though the pressure me and others are being put under to get essential work done/new kit* out to maintain the service is almost ludicrous!)

*not linked to covid

Thanks D'O'H! your example is one of hundreds of thousands out there, and the reason for my earlier post. (my work is frontline NHS, though Im lucky enough to be in the rear wi the gear - though the pressure me and others are being put under to get essential work done/new kit* out to maintain the service is almost ludicrous!)

*not linked to covid
The NHS has suffered through years of austerity and beyond, in our time of need catch up is priority. I love our NHS. Sadly not our politicians.

Giving nurses the clap.....things have changed, eh?

This thread has been viewed 2180 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back